A group of eight adults in our mid 50's are spending 7 nights in Oregon. We are renting two cars and have a home rented in Pacific City for the first five nights. I went last year and loved it so much that I am returning with friends who have never been to Oregon before. After those five nights, we have one night open before having to spend the last night near the PDX airport for a very early morning flight home. We would love to see the Gorge area east of Portland. Is it doable to drive from Pacific city on a Thursday morning to the Gorge area and then drive back into Portand the following afternoon? if so, where would you stay the night that Thursday night and what route would you take from Pacific City to the Gorge ARea? Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Fitting in a visit to Gorge area from Oregon Coast
View all United States activity »
- 1 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 2 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 5 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 6 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 7 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 10 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 11 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 12 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 13 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 14 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 15 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 16 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 17 Question about Boulder area
- 18 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 19 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 20 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 21 Grand Canyon in March?
- 22 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 23 California Tour Groups?
- 24 Hotel near Public Theater
- 25 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona