A group of eight adults in our mid 50's are spending 7 nights in Oregon. We are renting two cars and have a home rented in Pacific City for the first five nights. I went last year and loved it so much that I am returning with friends who have never been to Oregon before. After those five nights, we have one night open before having to spend the last night near the PDX airport for a very early morning flight home. We would love to see the Gorge area east of Portland. Is it doable to drive from Pacific city on a Thursday morning to the Gorge area and then drive back into Portand the following afternoon? if so, where would you stay the night that Thursday night and what route would you take from Pacific City to the Gorge ARea? Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Fitting in a visit to Gorge area from Oregon Coast
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 2 San Francisco - mid October
- 3 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 4 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 5 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 6 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 7 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 8 Argentinians in NYC!!
- 9 Grand Teton & Yellowstone via Denver
- 10 Denver to Ouray
- 11 Denver 1 day in denver
- 12 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 13 Cashless Toll road in Denver
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Landing in Denver, CO - Rocky Mtn, Grand Teton & Yellowstone NP loop
- 16 Men's Open Final 30th Annual Quiksilver-Big Island Toyota Big Island Pro-Am
- 17 Denver Happy Hour Restaurants!
- 18 Denver, SD, Yellowstone, GTNP, Denver loop itinerary feedback
- 19 Fly Fishing near Denver
- 20 12 Day Trip Starting from Denver - Where to go?
- 21 Denver in late September
- 22 Thhings to see in two week/one way road trip from Denver to San Fran
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Scenic Road Trip: Denver to Los Angeles or to San Francisco?
- 25 denver to badlands