I and my son (16 yr old) would like to visit Hawaii in June. We have two major attractions on the list that can't be skipped. The Volcanoes National Park and Pearl Harbor museums. We like nice, uncrowded beaches as well. We will be flying in from New York, yikes...I am not looking forward to a 12 hour flight but worth it. Since the two attractions are on different islands, what would you folks recommend that we do and in which order. Any recommendations for hotels, food (we love eating local when traveling) and other attractions are greatly appreciated. We have 10 days including flights to and back. Thanks.
First visit to Hawaii
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 2 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 3 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 4 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 5 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 6 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 7 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 8 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 9 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 10 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 11 Weekend in NYC
- 12 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 13 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 14 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 15 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 18 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 19 Breckenridge in October
- 20 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 21 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 22 Richmond highlights?
- 23 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 24 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 25 Central Park Fall Foliage