I am planning a visit to Charleston in mid-march. I'll be flying in from NYC, am a 40-something guy, and traveling solo. A few questions:
1. It's a bit more expensive to come from like a SAturday-WEd as opposed to Monday-Friday. Would I be missing out on a lot not being here on a Saturday and Sunday?
2. I know this is a hard question to answer, but how many days is a good number. I'm thinking 5 days, including arriving around 11 am and leaving around 4 pm, so both those days are somewhat full days.
3. My main focus is just to absorb the charleston/southern culture. So walking the Historical District; Fort Sumter; Visiting other civil war and revolutionary war sites and homes; plantations and gardens; nice beach walks;
4. Maybe a drive to another small rural town outside of Charleston
How does this all sound?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 2 Places to stay in TX...?
- 3 Driving from Baltimore to Savannah Ga
- 4 driving from LA to Portland
- 5 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 6 Trip Report - Chicago - Thunstorms, Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms
- 7 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 8 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 9 Parking fine
- 10 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 11 Road trip from Iowa to South Carolina
- 12 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 13 Ironman Housing in Kailua Kona
- 14 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 15 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 16 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 17 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 18 Pittsburgh Trip
- 19 11 days SE coast road trip
- 20 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 21 Considering moving to Florida... any opinions?
- 22 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 23 Road trip from and back to New York
- 24 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 25 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?