I am planning a visit to Charleston in mid-march. I'll be flying in from NYC, am a 40-something guy, and traveling solo. A few questions:
1. It's a bit more expensive to come from like a SAturday-WEd as opposed to Monday-Friday. Would I be missing out on a lot not being here on a Saturday and Sunday?
2. I know this is a hard question to answer, but how many days is a good number. I'm thinking 5 days, including arriving around 11 am and leaving around 4 pm, so both those days are somewhat full days.
3. My main focus is just to absorb the charleston/southern culture. So walking the Historical District; Fort Sumter; Visiting other civil war and revolutionary war sites and homes; plantations and gardens; nice beach walks;
4. Maybe a drive to another small rural town outside of Charleston
How does this all sound?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 2 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 3 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 4 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 5 San Diego VRBO area
- 6 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 7 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 8 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 9 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 10 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 11 Colorado Shows Off
- 12 New England Tour
- 13 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 14 help me plan a Cali trip
- 15 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 16 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 17 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 18 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 19 Wilmington DE questions
- 20 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 21 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 22 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 23 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 24 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 25 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?