I am planning a visit to Charleston in mid-march. I'll be flying in from NYC, am a 40-something guy, and traveling solo. A few questions:
1. It's a bit more expensive to come from like a SAturday-WEd as opposed to Monday-Friday. Would I be missing out on a lot not being here on a Saturday and Sunday?
2. I know this is a hard question to answer, but how many days is a good number. I'm thinking 5 days, including arriving around 11 am and leaving around 4 pm, so both those days are somewhat full days.
3. My main focus is just to absorb the charleston/southern culture. So walking the Historical District; Fort Sumter; Visiting other civil war and revolutionary war sites and homes; plantations and gardens; nice beach walks;
4. Maybe a drive to another small rural town outside of Charleston
How does this all sound?
First Visit to Charleston
- 1 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 2 Which is best place for visit in South Amrecia in December ?
- 3 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 4 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 5 One day in Washington DC
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 8 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 11 San Antonio
- 12 hotel near Met NYC
- 13 Key West on NYE
- 14 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 15 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 16 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 17 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 18 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 19 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 20 Hotel near Public Theater
- 21 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 22 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 23 Oahu Information
- 24 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 25 Wailea Maui Restaurants