I am planning a visit to Charleston in mid-march. I'll be flying in from NYC, am a 40-something guy, and traveling solo. A few questions:
1. It's a bit more expensive to come from like a SAturday-WEd as opposed to Monday-Friday. Would I be missing out on a lot not being here on a Saturday and Sunday?
2. I know this is a hard question to answer, but how many days is a good number. I'm thinking 5 days, including arriving around 11 am and leaving around 4 pm, so both those days are somewhat full days.
3. My main focus is just to absorb the charleston/southern culture. So walking the Historical District; Fort Sumter; Visiting other civil war and revolutionary war sites and homes; plantations and gardens; nice beach walks;
4. Maybe a drive to another small rural town outside of Charleston
How does this all sound?
First Visit to Charleston
- 1 San Luis Obispo to Death Valley in January
- 2 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 3 California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
- 4 San Francisco and Napa in 3 nights! Please help
- 5 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 6 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 7 Small Sofas
- 8 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 9 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 10 Trying To Find a Place
- 11 romantic colorado trip
- 12 Fourth of July Weekend
- 13 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 14 Fires in Colorado
- 15 Marcola?
- 16 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 17 Updates from Hanalei
- 18 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 19 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 20 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 21 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 22 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 23 One day in NYC
- 24 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 25 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone