I am planning a visit to Charleston in mid-march. I'll be flying in from NYC, am a 40-something guy, and traveling solo. A few questions:
1. It's a bit more expensive to come from like a SAturday-WEd as opposed to Monday-Friday. Would I be missing out on a lot not being here on a Saturday and Sunday?
2. I know this is a hard question to answer, but how many days is a good number. I'm thinking 5 days, including arriving around 11 am and leaving around 4 pm, so both those days are somewhat full days.
3. My main focus is just to absorb the charleston/southern culture. So walking the Historical District; Fort Sumter; Visiting other civil war and revolutionary war sites and homes; plantations and gardens; nice beach walks;
4. Maybe a drive to another small rural town outside of Charleston
How does this all sound?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.dealhitch.com/novellus-skin/
- 2 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 3 http://www.visit4supplements.com/right-pick-muscle/
- 4 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 5 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 6 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 7 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 8 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 9 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 10 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 11 Las Vegas trip report
- 12 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 13 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 14 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 15 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 16 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 17 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 18 10 Days in Maine
- 19 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 20 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 21 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 22 sugestions
- 23 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.
- 24 Miami for 2 days
- 25 More problems for Big Sur