I am planning a visit to Charleston in mid-march. I'll be flying in from NYC, am a 40-something guy, and traveling solo. A few questions:
1. It's a bit more expensive to come from like a SAturday-WEd as opposed to Monday-Friday. Would I be missing out on a lot not being here on a Saturday and Sunday?
2. I know this is a hard question to answer, but how many days is a good number. I'm thinking 5 days, including arriving around 11 am and leaving around 4 pm, so both those days are somewhat full days.
3. My main focus is just to absorb the charleston/southern culture. So walking the Historical District; Fort Sumter; Visiting other civil war and revolutionary war sites and homes; plantations and gardens; nice beach walks;
4. Maybe a drive to another small rural town outside of Charleston
How does this all sound?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://klereumcol.com/max-robust-xtreme/
- 2 Staten Island, Statue of LIberty
- 3 911 Museum
- 4 Need advice for a 3 days trip to Sedona then Grand Canyon
- 5 hotel in NYC
- 6 5 Days near Denver
- 7 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 8 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 9 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 10 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 11 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 12 Bar Harbor, Maine
- 13 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 14 Airbnb and Santa Fe/Where to Stay
- 15 TSA Security Question
- 16 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 17 3 day wine detour through the Willamette Valley
- 18 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 19 Austin TX restaurants
- 20 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 21 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 22 Hotel in Austin
- 23 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 24 New York on the Super Cheap, May 2017
- 25 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?