I am planning a visit to Charleston in mid-march. I'll be flying in from NYC, am a 40-something guy, and traveling solo. A few questions:
1. It's a bit more expensive to come from like a SAturday-WEd as opposed to Monday-Friday. Would I be missing out on a lot not being here on a Saturday and Sunday?
2. I know this is a hard question to answer, but how many days is a good number. I'm thinking 5 days, including arriving around 11 am and leaving around 4 pm, so both those days are somewhat full days.
3. My main focus is just to absorb the charleston/southern culture. So walking the Historical District; Fort Sumter; Visiting other civil war and revolutionary war sites and homes; plantations and gardens; nice beach walks;
4. Maybe a drive to another small rural town outside of Charleston
How does this all sound?
First Visit to Charleston
- 1 Help with NYC transit
- 2 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 3 Boston Area College Tour
- 4 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 5 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 6 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 7 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 8 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 9 build a nice website
- 10 Red Leather Sofa
- 11 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 12 Albuquerque to Denver
- 13 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 14 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 15 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 16 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 17 Zion vs Bryce - How many days each?
- 18 Using public transit in San Diego
- 19 Williamsburg VA
- 20 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 21 A Visit to Charleston
- 22 Restos in Boca Raton
- 23 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 24 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 25 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)