I am planning a visit to Charleston in mid-march. I'll be flying in from NYC, am a 40-something guy, and traveling solo. A few questions:
1. It's a bit more expensive to come from like a SAturday-WEd as opposed to Monday-Friday. Would I be missing out on a lot not being here on a Saturday and Sunday?
2. I know this is a hard question to answer, but how many days is a good number. I'm thinking 5 days, including arriving around 11 am and leaving around 4 pm, so both those days are somewhat full days.
3. My main focus is just to absorb the charleston/southern culture. So walking the Historical District; Fort Sumter; Visiting other civil war and revolutionary war sites and homes; plantations and gardens; nice beach walks;
4. Maybe a drive to another small rural town outside of Charleston
How does this all sound?
First Visit to Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 2 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 3 Brooklyn why?
- 4 New York City Restaurants
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 WISCONSIN
- 8 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 11 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 12 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 13 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 16 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 17 Dining in D.C.
- 18 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 19 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 20 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 21 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 22 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 23 Colorado in the summer!
- 24 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 25 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?