I am planning a visit to Charleston in mid-march. I'll be flying in from NYC, am a 40-something guy, and traveling solo. A few questions:
1. It's a bit more expensive to come from like a SAturday-WEd as opposed to Monday-Friday. Would I be missing out on a lot not being here on a Saturday and Sunday?
2. I know this is a hard question to answer, but how many days is a good number. I'm thinking 5 days, including arriving around 11 am and leaving around 4 pm, so both those days are somewhat full days.
3. My main focus is just to absorb the charleston/southern culture. So walking the Historical District; Fort Sumter; Visiting other civil war and revolutionary war sites and homes; plantations and gardens; nice beach walks;
4. Maybe a drive to another small rural town outside of Charleston
How does this all sound?
First Visit to Charleston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 2 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 3 New York Trip
- 4 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 5 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 6 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 7 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 8 Balloon fest hotels
- 9 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 10 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 11 Houston in September
- 12 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 13 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 14 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 15 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 16 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 17 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 18 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 19 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 20 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 21 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 22 Transportation help in Philly
- 23 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 24 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch
- 25 Hotels in North Philadelphia