Our girl scout troop of two 16-year-olds and two moms are planning our first trip to NYC in June. We have reservations at the Belvedere. None of us have traveled to a city of this size---our home town is 5,000.
If anyone has time can you look over this preliminary itinerary and give opinions. Nothing is concrete (except our broadway show and flight arrival and departures)---just things the girls appeared interested in. Thanks so much for any advice you can give us!!!
9:55 AM flight arrives at La Guardia,take Super Shuttle to hotel
10:45 AM check luggage w/hotel: Belvedere Hotel, 319 West 48th Street. (Can we get out of the airport and to this hotel by this time???)
11:00 AM to 3:00 PM walking tour Times Square, shopping
4:00 PM Check-in at hotel, dinner somewhere close???
7:00 PM Broadway show, The Lion King, Minskoff Theater, 200 West 45th Street, NY
11:00 PM return to hotel. *Is walking from theater to hotel a viable or safe option or do we need to plan bus or taxi---also will taxis carry 4 people???
9:30 AM Travel by Hop-on, Hop-off Gray Line bus tour from Times Square to Lower Manhattan and back to Times Square loop.
Estimated stops are:
10:00 AM Brooklyn Bridge--walk across for photo op/sightseeing
11:30 AM World Trade Center site
12:30 PM Lunch nearby???
1:30-2:30 PM Statue of Liberty viewing via Staten Island Ferry
2:45 PM South Street Seaport museum, shopping
4:00-4:30 PM United Nations tour
5:00 PM Rockefeller Center, NBC Studios tour
6:30 PM Local restaurant--suggestions???
8:30 PM Top of the Rock observation deck (chose this at night to see Empire lights and city lights---will do Empire in daytime tomorrow).
10:00 PM Travel back to hotel (what's best at night from here, bus, walk?)
8:00 AM Travel by Hop-on, Hop-off Gray Line bus tour from Times Square to Midtown Manhattan and Upper Manhattan loop.
Estimated stops are:
8:30 AM Empire State Building
11:00 AM walk to Grand Central Station--lunch
12:00 PM bus to Central Park, tour Belvedere Castle?
2:30 PM Lincoln Center for Performing Arts tour?
4:00 PM bus tour back to Times Square
5:00 PM Dinner in Times Square early to catch night bus tour at 6:00.
6:00- 9:30 PM Night Gray Line bus tour of NY, leaves from Times Square
10:00 PM back to hotel or window shopping somewhere???
8:30 AM bus or walk to GS Headquarters (very near Empire State building)
9:00 -10:00 AM GS tour
10:30 - 11:30 AM Macy’s
12:00 PM check out of hotel, Super Shuttle to La Guardia airport (timing right here for plane leaving at 2:10)
2:10 PM Midwest Airlines flight home
That's it. Please share your thoughts/ideas and tell me if there is something that absolutely won't work! Thanks so much!
First trip to NYC, 3 day weekend--nervous group
- 1 Erie Canal - Finger Lakes Region - Day Trip?
- 2 Girls Getaway Suggestions?- Wisconsin Dells
- 3 Wisconsin Dells with teenagers
- 4 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 5 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 6 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 7 Oregon & Washington: What are we missing, as we're big fans already?
- 8 Lake Tahoe
- 9 Baseball Road Trip
- 10 DC with Kids Trip Report
- 11 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 12 Moab and Bluff
- 13 Provo, UT Accomodations Recommendation?
- 14 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 15 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 16 What area to stay in for Memphis
- 17 Seatlle, WA
- 18 Car for Embassy Suites Austin
- 19 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 20 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 21 Summer in Telluride, CO
- 22 Pine or Deckers as a place to meet (Lost Creek Wilderness)
- 23 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 24 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 25 Whislter or Rocky Mountain?