My husband and I are starting to plan a trip to California,and really need help with our itinerary.We are experienced travelers in Europe,but somehow don't seem to be able to put this together.SO...We fly into S.F and then have 7 days before we arrive in Santa Barbara to begin the "visiting family "portion of the trip which will conclude in L.A.We have been to S.F.,but nowhere else.I have read all the postings I can find and feel overwhelmed with the options.Based on my readings,I think we should drive from the airport to Mendocino for the first night,then wend our way down to Sonoma,staying in Healdsburg to sample a winery or two and a good restaurant.The next day,we head for Rt.1 .Should Half Moon Bay be our next night destination??I am overwhelmed with the choices and need help in deciding where our stops should be,both in terms of beauty and memorable lodgings.Restaurant suggestions would be much appreciated as well .We want to experience the exquisiteness and deliciousness of that coast..Your suggestions ??
First Timers to N.California:Need Itinerary Assist
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ONP help
- 2 California road trip
- 3 Seattle: Something Different?
- 4 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 5 Seattle Hyatts
- 6 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 7 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 8 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 11 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 12 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 13 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 14 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 15 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 16 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 17 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 18 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 19 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 20 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 21 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 22 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 23 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 24 Road Tour in Usa
- 25 So you love handbags!