My husband and I are starting to plan a trip to California,and really need help with our itinerary.We are experienced travelers in Europe,but somehow don't seem to be able to put this together.SO...We fly into S.F and then have 7 days before we arrive in Santa Barbara to begin the "visiting family "portion of the trip which will conclude in L.A.We have been to S.F.,but nowhere else.I have read all the postings I can find and feel overwhelmed with the options.Based on my readings,I think we should drive from the airport to Mendocino for the first night,then wend our way down to Sonoma,staying in Healdsburg to sample a winery or two and a good restaurant.The next day,we head for Rt.1 .Should Half Moon Bay be our next night destination??I am overwhelmed with the choices and need help in deciding where our stops should be,both in terms of beauty and memorable lodgings.Restaurant suggestions would be much appreciated as well .We want to experience the exquisiteness and deliciousness of that coast..Your suggestions ??
First Timers to N.California:Need Itinerary Assist
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 2 Austin Food Trucks
- 3 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 4 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 5 searching for urban master planned community
- 6 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 7 Condos near Disney World
- 8 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 9 family celebration trip
- 10 New England September
- 11 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 12 Deep South sept 2015
- 13 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 14 Hawaii Group Travel
- 15 New York To Ashville NC
- 16 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 17 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 18 Fmpden, are you there?
- 19 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 20 Planning Christmas in NYC-is it nuts?
- 21 Southern NJ and Bucks County PA - how's it look?
- 22 Train from Memphis to New Orleans
- 23 Charleston Islands
- 24 Family Spring Break 2015
- 25 Car Rental West Palm Beach