My husband and I are starting to plan a trip to California,and really need help with our itinerary.We are experienced travelers in Europe,but somehow don't seem to be able to put this together.SO...We fly into S.F and then have 7 days before we arrive in Santa Barbara to begin the "visiting family "portion of the trip which will conclude in L.A.We have been to S.F.,but nowhere else.I have read all the postings I can find and feel overwhelmed with the options.Based on my readings,I think we should drive from the airport to Mendocino for the first night,then wend our way down to Sonoma,staying in Healdsburg to sample a winery or two and a good restaurant.The next day,we head for Rt.1 .Should Half Moon Bay be our next night destination??I am overwhelmed with the choices and need help in deciding where our stops should be,both in terms of beauty and memorable lodgings.Restaurant suggestions would be much appreciated as well .We want to experience the exquisiteness and deliciousness of that coast..Your suggestions ??
First Timers to N.California:Need Itinerary Assist
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Timeshare Nightmares
- 2 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 3 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 4 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 5 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 8 Family Camp in Maine
- 9 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 10 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 11 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 12 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 13 New York City Restaurants
- 14 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 15 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 16 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 17 San Diego
- 18 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 19 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 20 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 25 Travel West Coast