We are a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids aged 11 & 9). We are planning a trip to Hawaii for the first time for next year (summertime, most likely). We are planning to stay 14 days in Hawaii.
We are not interested in staying on the beach in an high-rise.
We like nature, culture,rainforest, some adventures in the mountains, soaking in volcanically heated pools, scenic vistas, memorable panoramic views and of pristine beaches.
Staying in a forest-like setting and environment is more appealing to us than staying right on a beach filled with high-rises.
With our requirements describe above, which islands will make more sense to spend time on with our kids: Big Island and Maui?; Maui and Oahu?; Big Island and Oahu?
We will be looking at staying in a villa or modern cottage NOT on the beach, but more in a forest-like, peaceful environment. Where would you suggest, since the beach is not a priority for us?
Many thanks and looking forward to your replies.
First timers in Hawaii with Kids --- Need Advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 2 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 3 Cafe Sevilla – Best Tapas Restaurant
- 4 Dining in Manhattan
- 5 New York City Christmas Trip
- 6 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 7 From Seattle airport to the city
- 8 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 9 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 10 Colorado Skiing
- 11 American Honeymoon in March
- 12 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 13 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 14 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 15 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 16 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 17 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 18 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 19 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 20 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 21 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 22 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 23 Middle America in October
- 24 visit to HIghLine
- 25 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live