We are a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids aged 11 & 9). We are planning a trip to Hawaii for the first time for next year (summertime, most likely). We are planning to stay 14 days in Hawaii.
We are not interested in staying on the beach in an high-rise.
We like nature, culture,rainforest, some adventures in the mountains, soaking in volcanically heated pools, scenic vistas, memorable panoramic views and of pristine beaches.
Staying in a forest-like setting and environment is more appealing to us than staying right on a beach filled with high-rises.
With our requirements describe above, which islands will make more sense to spend time on with our kids: Big Island and Maui?; Maui and Oahu?; Big Island and Oahu?
We will be looking at staying in a villa or modern cottage NOT on the beach, but more in a forest-like, peaceful environment. Where would you suggest, since the beach is not a priority for us?
Many thanks and looking forward to your replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 2 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 3 Coldest place you've ever been to?
- 4 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 5 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 6 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 7 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 8 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 9 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 10 Alaska cruise
- 11 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 12 Sonoma
- 13 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 14 New Orleans
- 15 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 16 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 17 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 18 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 19 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 20 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 21 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 22 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 23 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 24 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 25 AR State Parks