We are a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids aged 11 & 9). We are planning a trip to Hawaii for the first time for next year (summertime, most likely). We are planning to stay 14 days in Hawaii.
We are not interested in staying on the beach in an high-rise.
We like nature, culture,rainforest, some adventures in the mountains, soaking in volcanically heated pools, scenic vistas, memorable panoramic views and of pristine beaches.
Staying in a forest-like setting and environment is more appealing to us than staying right on a beach filled with high-rises.
With our requirements describe above, which islands will make more sense to spend time on with our kids: Big Island and Maui?; Maui and Oahu?; Big Island and Oahu?
We will be looking at staying in a villa or modern cottage NOT on the beach, but more in a forest-like, peaceful environment. Where would you suggest, since the beach is not a priority for us?
Many thanks and looking forward to your replies.
First timers in Hawaii with Kids --- Need Advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Kennebunkport and....?
- 3 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 4 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 5 Wedding in Hawaii
- 6 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 7 rain in Kauai
- 8 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 9 Alaska cruise and land
- 10 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 11 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 12 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 13 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 14 Where to go in Maine?
- 15 Jersey City Parking
- 16 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 17 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 18 SF to DR? WTH!
- 19 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 20 NYC Itinerary Help
- 21 WISCONSIN
- 22 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 23 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 24 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 25 Washington DC in May for 4 days