We are a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids aged 11 & 9). We are planning a trip to Hawaii for the first time for next year (summertime, most likely). We are planning to stay 14 days in Hawaii.
We are not interested in staying on the beach in an high-rise.
We like nature, culture,rainforest, some adventures in the mountains, soaking in volcanically heated pools, scenic vistas, memorable panoramic views and of pristine beaches.
Staying in a forest-like setting and environment is more appealing to us than staying right on a beach filled with high-rises.
With our requirements describe above, which islands will make more sense to spend time on with our kids: Big Island and Maui?; Maui and Oahu?; Big Island and Oahu?
We will be looking at staying in a villa or modern cottage NOT on the beach, but more in a forest-like, peaceful environment. Where would you suggest, since the beach is not a priority for us?
Many thanks and looking forward to your replies.
First timers in Hawaii with Kids --- Need Advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 2 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 3 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 4 Barrow Alaska
- 5 Seward to Anchorage transfer?
- 6 Salt Lake City
- 7 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 8 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 9 Park City Utah
- 10 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 Maine in latter half of September
- 13 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 14 Need advise for a Mother/Daughter trip to Arizona
- 15 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 16 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 17 Colorado trip
- 18 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 19 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 20 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 21 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 22 Alaska- Best tours
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 24 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 25 First visit in New Mexico