We are a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids aged 11 & 9). We are planning a trip to Hawaii for the first time for next year (summertime, most likely). We are planning to stay 14 days in Hawaii.
We are not interested in staying on the beach in an high-rise.
We like nature, culture,rainforest, some adventures in the mountains, soaking in volcanically heated pools, scenic vistas, memorable panoramic views and of pristine beaches.
Staying in a forest-like setting and environment is more appealing to us than staying right on a beach filled with high-rises.
With our requirements describe above, which islands will make more sense to spend time on with our kids: Big Island and Maui?; Maui and Oahu?; Big Island and Oahu?
We will be looking at staying in a villa or modern cottage NOT on the beach, but more in a forest-like, peaceful environment. Where would you suggest, since the beach is not a priority for us?
Many thanks and looking forward to your replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Renting a car with DWAI
- 2 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 3 San Francisco first visit.
- 4 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 5 Labor Day in Key West...Literally
- 6 Wine Country
- 7 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 8 Hawaii Help
- 9 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 10 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 11 Baltimore City: Some Flickr Photo Albums
- 12 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 13 Yellowstone in early May
- 14 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 15 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 16 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 17 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 18 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 19 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 20 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 21 Park City- handicapped
- 22 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 23 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 24 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see
- 25 3 Days Itinerary Recommendation for Maui