We are a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids aged 11 & 9). We are planning a trip to Hawaii for the first time for next year (summertime, most likely). We are planning to stay 14 days in Hawaii.
We are not interested in staying on the beach in an high-rise.
We like nature, culture,rainforest, some adventures in the mountains, soaking in volcanically heated pools, scenic vistas, memorable panoramic views and of pristine beaches.
Staying in a forest-like setting and environment is more appealing to us than staying right on a beach filled with high-rises.
With our requirements describe above, which islands will make more sense to spend time on with our kids: Big Island and Maui?; Maui and Oahu?; Big Island and Oahu?
We will be looking at staying in a villa or modern cottage NOT on the beach, but more in a forest-like, peaceful environment. Where would you suggest, since the beach is not a priority for us?
Many thanks and looking forward to your replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 2 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 3 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 4 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 5 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 6 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 7 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 8 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 9 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 10 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 11 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 12 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 13 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 14 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 15 November redwoods trip
- 16 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 17 Which island for R&R?
- 18 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 19 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 20 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 21 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 22 Yellowstone
- 23 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 24 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 25 San Antonio shopping