We are a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids aged 11 & 9). We are planning a trip to Hawaii for the first time for next year (summertime, most likely). We are planning to stay 14 days in Hawaii.
We are not interested in staying on the beach in an high-rise.
We like nature, culture,rainforest, some adventures in the mountains, soaking in volcanically heated pools, scenic vistas, memorable panoramic views and of pristine beaches.
Staying in a forest-like setting and environment is more appealing to us than staying right on a beach filled with high-rises.
With our requirements describe above, which islands will make more sense to spend time on with our kids: Big Island and Maui?; Maui and Oahu?; Big Island and Oahu?
We will be looking at staying in a villa or modern cottage NOT on the beach, but more in a forest-like, peaceful environment. Where would you suggest, since the beach is not a priority for us?
Many thanks and looking forward to your replies.
First timers in Hawaii with Kids --- Need Advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Signs and Symptoms of Mental Illness
- 2 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 3 Calf trip
- 4 Anyone there to help me!
- 5 Tipping advice
- 6 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 7 los angeles restaurants
- 8 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 9 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 10 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 11 West Maui Restaurants
- 12 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 13 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 14 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 17 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 18 Key West Hotel in January
- 19 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 20 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 21 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 24 4 week family trip ideas
- 25 x mas