We are a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids aged 11 & 9). We are planning a trip to Hawaii for the first time for next year (summertime, most likely). We are planning to stay 14 days in Hawaii.
We are not interested in staying on the beach in an high-rise.
We like nature, culture,rainforest, some adventures in the mountains, soaking in volcanically heated pools, scenic vistas, memorable panoramic views and of pristine beaches.
Staying in a forest-like setting and environment is more appealing to us than staying right on a beach filled with high-rises.
With our requirements describe above, which islands will make more sense to spend time on with our kids: Big Island and Maui?; Maui and Oahu?; Big Island and Oahu?
We will be looking at staying in a villa or modern cottage NOT on the beach, but more in a forest-like, peaceful environment. Where would you suggest, since the beach is not a priority for us?
Many thanks and looking forward to your replies.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 2 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 3 Denali
- 4 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 5 Cruise Ship Schedule by City
- 6 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 7 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 8 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 9 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 10 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 11 Maine in May?
- 12 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 13 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 14 Bed and Breakfast
- 15 Weekend Getaway with Sights and Horsebackriding Help!!
- 16 New England Winter get away with older kids
- 17 New Years Eve in NYC
- 18 Route from South Rim Grand Canyon to Moab?
- 19 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 20 Looking for a Bed and breakfast
- 21 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 22 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 23 Lake Tahoe Honeymoon
- 24 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 25 California relaxing vacation ideas