We are planning to spend 2-3 weeks holiday in California/Arizona in April/May 2000.We will hire a car (National sounds like a good rental company ) and take in as many sights as we can.We will suffer from a harsh exchange rate so are looking for motels with rooms around $30 to $50. There seem to be a lot on the internet at this price but we have no idea of the standard...... any advice?We would be grateful for any words of wisdom on our proposed route which is as follows.
After a day or two in L.A we would head to Fresno/ Yosemite.
Next day take Tioga pass to overnight Bishop. On to Las Vegas via Death Valley.
A couple of nights in Las Vegas then off to see as much of Zion n/p and Bryce Canyon as we can in one day. Overnight Page? On to Monument Valley..... overnight somewhere?
We hope to spend a couple of days around The Grand Canyon south rim area then head off to San Diego for a couple of days before heading back to L.A.
What do you think, is it possible?
First Timers From New Zealand
- 1 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 2 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 3 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 4 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 5 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 6 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 7 stay near newark or nyc
- 8 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 9 Breakfast in Chelsea district NYC
- 10 Washington Wineries
- 11 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 12 Less commercial beach?
- 13 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 14 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 15 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 16 Moab Condo Rental Possibilities
- 17 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 18 Priceline, WARNING
- 19 Kauai golf
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 22 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 23 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 24 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 25 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |