We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 2 New York overnight - dinner & after choices
- 3 Yosemite Visit
- 4 Santa Cruz downtown to San Jose Airport via public transit
- 5 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 6 50th in Hawaii
- 7 New York City Christmas 2015
- 8 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 9 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 10 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 11 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 12 Miami Transportation Mid-Beach to South Beach
- 13 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 14 Florida Family vacation in California
- 15 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 16 Hilton Head restaurants
- 17 Las Vegas
- 18 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 19 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 20 Build a Chicago itinerary?
- 21 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 22 traveling to Nashville
- 23 NYC Vacation Packages - Two Thumbs Up!
- 24 Alaska Trip Report: Anchorage, Denali, Seward, Juneau & Glacier Bay
- 25 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark