We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 2 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 3 Girl for rent at Vietnam
- 4 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 5 Your Golden Gate Park favorites
- 6 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 7 Highway 1 motels
- 8 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 9 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 10 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 11 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 12 driving from LA to Portland
- 13 Places to stay in TX...?
- 14 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 15 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 16 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 17 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 18 San Fran to LA via PCH
- 19 Silverthorne
- 20 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 21 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 22 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 23 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 24 Alaska itinerary - Anchorage, Seward, Denali, Juneau.
- 25 San Antonio