We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Berkshires with a toddler
- 2 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 3 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 4 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 5 Parking fine
- 6 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 7 Hotel/motel recom. for Cape Cod
- 8 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 9 My Maine Trip Report
- 10 Late Aug/early Sept with 15 month old - where to?
- 11 hilicopter tour oahu
- 12 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 13 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 14 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
- 15 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 16 Good VRBO Neighborhoods in New Orleans?
- 17 Pittsburgh Trip
- 18 Itin Help: S St Seaport, Battery Park, B'wahy
- 19 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 20 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 21 10 days in Arizona
- 22 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 23 Hotel reservations in/near Denali NP
- 24 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 25 Vegas/California May 2016