We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 2 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 3 Anyone there to help me!
- 4 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 5 Tipping advice
- 6 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 7 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 8 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 9 Calf trip
- 10 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 11 los angeles restaurants
- 12 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 13 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 14 West Maui Restaurants
- 15 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 16 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 17 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 18 Key West Hotel in January
- 19 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 20 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 21 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 24 4 week family trip ideas
- 25 x mas