We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas must sees
- 2 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 3 Grand Marais?
- 4 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 5 adams morgan - safety
- 6 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 7 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 8 Do I have no see um bites or bedbugs?
- 9 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 10 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 11 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 12 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 13 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 14 Morning in miami
- 15 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 16 Grand Teton in October
- 17 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 18 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 19 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 20 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 21 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 22 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 23 US Southwest
- 24 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 25 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley