We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 2 Help me with Sonoma Desert….
- 3 Hawaii Trip in May
- 4 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 5 A week in NYC - first timers
- 6 DC -> Boulder
- 7 Wailea Restaurants?
- 8 Rome/Florence
- 9 Colorado - Photography
- 10 Cross-country roadtrip in Oct/Nov. SUV or full-size?
- 11 Where to stay in NYC
- 12 Road Trippin' in Texas
- 13 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 14 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 15 Tour of Fed bank NYC
- 16 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 17 Proposal in Siesta Key, FL
- 18 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 19 Epicurean Tour in Portland
- 20 Suggestion on my first visit to Grand Canyon
- 21 Oahu Trip Report (Aulani, North Shore, Manoa Valley, Hanauma Bay)
- 22 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 23 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 24 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 25 Driving from OKC, OK to Seattle, WA in the dead of winter..