We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 2 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 3 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 4 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 5 DC Restaurants
- 6 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 7 Short Oregon Trip
- 8 usa roadtrip
- 9 Hawaii and...where?
- 10 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 11 How much time in Badlands?
- 12 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 13 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 14 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 15 Chicago 2017
- 16 Christmas in Colorado
- 17 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 18 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 19 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 20 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 21 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 22 Marfa/Big Bend
- 23 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 24 JFK to Washington
- 25 Phoenix for the weekend