We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 2 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 3 Specific Hotel & Activity Help Seattle - Sheraton or Switch?
- 4 Zion the narrows
- 5 Seattle Transportation??
- 6 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 7 Cabin in Asheville area
- 8 New England Family Trip - August
- 9 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 10 Anyone familiar with America Car Rental?
- 11 Twenty Nine Palms to Dana Point, CA
- 12 Cell phone service in Moab
- 13 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 14 Advice on Roadtrip
- 15 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 16 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 17 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 18 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 19 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 20 Lake Las Vegas Hotels Properties: Any favorites?
- 21 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 22 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 23 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 24 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 25 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?