We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 2 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 3 South Carolina
- 4 Austin Getaway
- 5 Maine
- 6 Driving From Florida to Maryland
- 7 Senior Travel Helper
- 8 Austin with Kids
- 9 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 10 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 11 Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 12 Help with driving East to West
- 13 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 14 Yellowstone in Early October?
- 15 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 16 Alcatraz Tour Tickets - Resell or cancel possible?
- 17 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 18 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 19 WestInn Times Sq. eating and transport options please
- 20 Pacific coast road trip
- 21 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 22 Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown in 1 day
- 23 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 24 Quick out of Atlanta Get Away with the Kids... New Orleans? Miami?
- 25 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do