We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Do I have a right to sell Theme park tickets that I won?
- 2 Las Vegas and Area - Nature and Hiking
- 3 Accomodation in NYC under USD150/
- 4 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 5 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 6 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 7 Another great trip to 4 Corners area
- 8 40th in Key West
- 9 What to do in New York?
- 10 When do school start again in August?
- 11 Havasu Falls/Grand Canyon Hike
- 12 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 13 Disney for Florida residents
- 14 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 15 Our Boston Getaway
- 16 Yosemite
- 17 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 18 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 19 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 20 California + Las Vegas & Grand Canyon for 12-15 Day Trip in May
- 21 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 22 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 23 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 24 What to do in San Diego
- 25 Road trip from St Paul Mn to Naples Florida