We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 2 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 3 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 4 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 5 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 6 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 7 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 8 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 9 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 10 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 11 Cape cod Labor Day
- 12 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 13 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 14 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 15 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 16 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 17 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 18 US Open Tennis
- 19 Boston/New England late Sept. with children
- 20 Hotels in San Diego
- 21 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 22 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 23 Seattle Area Trip Help
- 24 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 25 Los Angeles Indefinitely