We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida or caribbean
- 2 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 3 Cross Country RV Trip
- 4 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 5 California
- 6 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 7 Deep South sept 2015
- 8 Get astonishing and Wrinkle Free Skin
- 9 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 10 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 11 Winter trip over the holiday season
- 12 New England September
- 13 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 14 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 15 Active Vacation
- 16 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 17 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 18 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 19 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 20 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 21 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 22 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 23 Portland, OR hotel question
- 24 Northern California in February
- 25 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging