We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
- 1 7 DAY ALASKA CRUISE STOPPING IN 3 PORTS
- 2 San Luis Obispo to Death Valley in January
- 3 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 4 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 5 Nova Scotia to Boston
- 6 Seeking recs for centrally located quality hotel in LA
- 7 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 8 Key West at Christmas time
- 9 Small Sofas
- 10 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 11 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 12 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 13 California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
- 14 San Francisco and Napa in 3 nights! Please help
- 15 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 16 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 17 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 18 Trying To Find a Place
- 19 romantic colorado trip
- 20 Fourth of July Weekend
- 21 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 22 Fires in Colorado
- 23 Marcola?
- 24 Updates from Hanalei
- 25 Can you help me complete my itinerary?