We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 3 Family friendly restaurants in Bodega Bay?
- 4 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 5 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 6 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 7 Cape Cod trip report
- 8 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 9 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 12 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 13 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 14 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 15 moving to florida
- 16 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 17 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 18 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 19 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 20 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 21 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 22 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 23 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 24 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 25 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July