We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
- 1 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 2 10 day anniversary trip to Oregon Coast
- 3 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 4 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 5 Using public transit in San Diego
- 6 Washington Wineries
- 7 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 8 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 9 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 10 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 11 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 12 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 13 Suggestions for NYC trip next week
- 14 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 15 Memphis Tours
- 16 Please critique our plan...
- 17 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 18 Gearhart Oregon
- 19 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 20 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 21 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 22 California, Northern
- 23 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 24 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 25 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California