We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape Cod
- 2 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 3 Room With Balcony and Ocean View: $250-$300
- 4 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 5 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 6 reliable transportation across florida
- 7 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 8 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 9 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 10 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 11 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 12 Las Vegas loop
- 13 Car-less in Atlanta (by Train)
- 14 Redwood National Forest
- 15 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 16 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 17 Uber and Miami
- 18 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 19 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 20 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 21 camping in the Finger Lakes region
- 22 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 23 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 24 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 25 Which hotel in Washington, D.C.?