We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 2 BYOB in New York City
- 3 Broadway show tickets
- 4 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 5 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 6 Sedona to Vegas
- 7 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 8 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 9 4th of July in Chicago
- 10 Chicago Cab
- 11 Restaurants in DC
- 12 Hawk's
- 13 Oahu hotels
- 14 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 15 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 16 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 17 pulling a tent trailer in utah
- 18 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 19 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 20 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 21 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 22 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 23 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 24 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 25 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver