We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
- 1 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 2 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 3 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 4 Trying To Find a Place
- 5 One day in NYC
- 6 Search (for) Hotel suite using iPhone or laptop app?
- 7 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 8 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 9 Columbus food !
- 10 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 11 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 12 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 13 Late night transportation PDX to downtown Portland?
- 14 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 15 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 16 TIMESHARE uour opinion on buying timeshare
- 17 San Francisco - Exploratorium
- 18 Driving trip from Toronto to San Antonio
- 19 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 20 National Parks?
- 21 Marcola?
- 22 Cape Cod, Nuntucket or Martha's Vineyard
- 23 Updates from Hanalei
- 24 Best Art Museum to visit for first time visitors to DC
- 25 Going to Dodge City, Kansas