We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 2 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 3 Oregon Road Trip
- 4 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 5 St. Simon, Georgia
- 6 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 7 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 8 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Christmas in TX
- 11 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 12 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 13 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 14 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 15 Ben Landa
- 16 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 17 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 18 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 19 Tucson area flooding
- 20 Road Trip: Niagara to New York Via Vermont
- 21 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 22 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 23 California
- 24 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 25 San Diego locals-can you advise?