We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 2 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 3 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 4 Cape Cod
- 5 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 6 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 7 Which botanical garden is the best in Kauai?
- 8 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 9 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 10 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 11 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 12 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 13 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 14 San Diego with Kids
- 15 Getting around the Big Island
- 16 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 17 best of yellowstone
- 18 San Francisco - mid October
- 19 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 20 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 21 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 22 New York Yankee Station
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 25 Vegas hotels for families