We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
- 1 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 2 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 3 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 4 Warm and don't Drive
- 5 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 6 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 7 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 8 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 9 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 10 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 11 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 12 RIP Judy Rogers
- 13 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 14 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 15 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 16 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 17 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 18 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 19 hotel near Met NYC
- 20 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 21 Princeville in January
- 22 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 23 pa to az
- 24 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 25 Savanah Sojourn