We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
- 1 South Dakota--last minute trip; deciding where to stay in Black Hills
- 2 Seeking recs for centrally located quality hotel in LA
- 3 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 4 San Francisco - Exploratorium
- 5 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 6 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 7 Los Angeles to Santa Fe, NM: Take I-40 or I-10?
- 8 Updates from Hanalei
- 9 Flying within the US, ID Question!
- 10 Tale of Two Siblings in Kauai...how did we end up in Honolulu?
- 11 Northwest Trip
- 12 Two days in Aug near Denver or Colorado Springs - suggestions?
- 13 Death Valley in November
- 14 Charleston, SC and Wild Dunes
- 15 Maui 10-night Hotel Itinerary
- 16 2nd Choice"Cute Town" betw ALB Albany Airport-Lake George-Take TWO
- 17 Fenway Park Ticket Guru's
- 18 Moms and Kids Catalina Island - Mini Trip Report
- 19 Blue ridge parkway
- 20 Charleston Restaurant week Visit - Q's
- 21 four nights in the Finger Lakes
- 22 timeshare: good idea or no? Please help!
- 23 Western NC Zipline
- 24 Best places to stay between LA and San Francisco
- 25 TIMESHARE uour opinion on buying timeshare