We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 2 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 3 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 SFO black friday traffic
- 6 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 7 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 8 California & French Polynesia
- 9 General Utah planning questions
- 10 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 11 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 12 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 13 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 14 Dining in Manhattan
- 15 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 16 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 17 American Honeymoon in March
- 18 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 19 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 20 How to dress in Vegas
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 23 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 24 St Patrick's renovations
- 25 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA