We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 2 Visiting Denver
- 3 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Visiting Denver
- 6 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 7 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 8 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 11 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 12 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 San Diego parks and attractions
- 15 Door County Suggestions
- 16 First family ski trip
- 17 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 18 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 19 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 20 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 21 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 22 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 23 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 24 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 25 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!