We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 2 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 5 St Patrick's renovations
- 6 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 7 The reason for choosing Anti Aging serum Is Ok Or Not?
- 8 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 9 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 10 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 11 4 week family trip ideas
- 12 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 13 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 14 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 15 From Seattle airport to the city
- 16 General Utah planning questions
- 17 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 18 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 19 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 20 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 21 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 22 New York City Christmas Trip
- 23 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 24 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 25 Colorado Skiing