We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
- 1 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 2 stay near newark or nyc
- 3 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 4 Priceline, WARNING
- 5 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 6 Less commercial beach?
- 7 Washington Wineries
- 8 New York City Parking
- 9 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 10 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 11 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 12 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 13 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 14 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 15 Breakfast in Chelsea district NYC
- 16 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 17 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 18 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 19 Moab Condo Rental Possibilities
- 20 Kauai golf
- 21 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 22 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 23 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 24 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 25 Manzanita Or restaurants