We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 2 Hoover Dam: best location for photos of the dam?
- 3 hilicopter tour oahu
- 4 Where to Stay in Phoenix/Scottsdale?
- 5 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 6 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 7 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 8 Best way to see Oahu
- 9 What area of San Diego to stay in?
- 10 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 11 Eugene, OR/Redwoods/San Francisco
- 12 CA coast road trip with kids
- 13 Berkshires with a toddler
- 14 Vegas/California May 2016
- 15 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 16 Minnesota to Colorado
- 17 Pittsburgh Trip
- 18 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 19 Summer 2016 Group Vacation with young kids
- 20 Best centrally located hotel to see Santa Monica and Universal Studios?
- 21 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 22 Road trip from and back to New York
- 23 Good VRBO Neighborhoods in New Orleans?
- 24 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 25 Arizona White Mountains Scenic Drive suggestions