We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tour companies
- 2 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 3 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 4 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 5 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 6 Vegas hotels for families
- 7 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 8 Zion to Albuquerque
- 9 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 10 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 11 Quick Trip to NYC
- 12 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 13 San Francisco - mid October
- 14 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 15 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 16 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 17 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 18 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 19 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 20 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 21 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 22 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 23 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 24 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 25 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?