We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NY State Assembly Internship
- 2 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 3 White Christmas
- 4 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 5 Seattle/Vancouver in July
- 6 1__877_509__0415 OUTLOOK HELPLINE NUMBER
- 7 --- GMAIL CUSTOMER CARE NUMBER
- 8 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 9 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 10 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 11 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 12 Grand Canyon
- 13 San Francisco and Napa
- 14 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 15 Killington Ski Hotel??
- 16 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 17 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 18 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 19 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 20 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 21 Midway point
- 22 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 23 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 24 New York City
- 25 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?