We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 2 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 3 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 4 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 5 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 6 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 7 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 8 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 9 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 10 How to dress in Vegas
- 11 USA trip
- 12 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 13 Chicago Questions
- 14 Air Connections on Maui
- 15 camaro hire in waikiki
- 16 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 17 Timeshare Nightmares
- 18 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 19 Breckenridge in October
- 20 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 21 Orlando for Work
- 22 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 23 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 24 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 25 NBA tickets??