We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Play Sport To Build Muscle Mass
- 2 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 3 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 4 universal studios and disney
- 5 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 6 Honeymoon out west.
- 7 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia
- 8 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 9 Chicago to Charleston
- 10 How many states have you been to?
- 11 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 12 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 13 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 14 USA, Trip to the south
- 15 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 16 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 17 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 18 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 19 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 20 Retiring to Tucson
- 21 Trip Report: Charleston, Vero Beach, Beaufort
- 22 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 23 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 24 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 25 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs