We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 2 Kauai Kona Coast Resort Beachboy
- 3 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 4 Western U.S. Road trip
- 5 Family trip to Arizona/Utah National Parks
- 6 Places to visit with a one year old between MA and WV.
- 7 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 8 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 9 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 10 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 11 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 12 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 13 Seattle plus: San Juan Island, Victoria, or Vancouver?
- 14 Returned from Sedona
- 15 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 16 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 17 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 18 New Orleans logistics
- 19 First Trip to New Orleans
- 20 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 21 North Carolina Coast
- 22 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 23 Mt Rushmore/Badlands late March?
- 24 Wildlife hike in Colorado Springs
- 25 shopping with teenager in D, C.