We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 2 Road trip October
- 3 Relocating?
- 4 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 5 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 6 Advice on tipping
- 7 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 8 Mosser Hotel in San Francisco, CA
- 9 NYC with 8 yr old
- 10 stopping off I 81 South
- 11 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 12 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 13 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 14 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 15 September Road Trip in New England
- 16 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 17 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 18 Road Trip
- 19 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 20 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 21 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 22 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 23 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 24 Hilton Head restaurants
- 25 Amish