We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 2 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 3 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 4 Road Trip SW
- 5 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 6 Chicago trip
- 7 NYC IN AUGUST
- 8 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 9 culpepper
- 10 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 11 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 12 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 13 Fancy dining
- 14 Hotel near Miami airport
- 15 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 16 Will have five days in Savannah
- 17 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 18 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 19 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 20 Itinerary opinions
- 21 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 22 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 23 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 24 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 25 Santa Barbara, California