We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 2 Northern California in February
- 3 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 4 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 5 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 6 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 7 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 8 Yosemite in Winter
- 9 Active Vacation
- 10 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 11 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 12 Orlando in March
- 13 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 14 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 15 Quick SoCal question
- 16 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 17 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 18 New England September
- 19 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 20 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Tampa in February
- 23 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 24 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 25 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox