We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 2 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 3 NYC with wheelchair
- 4 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 5 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 6 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 7 Biloxi Suggestions
- 8 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 9 Pacific beach to la jolla cove and shores
- 10 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 11 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 12 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 13 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 14 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 15 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July
- 16 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 17 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 18 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 19 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 20 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 21 New Orleans music
- 22 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 23 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 24 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 25 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?