We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 3 Washington, DC to Boston
- 4 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 5 San Diego Trip Report
- 6 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 7 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 8 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 9 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 10 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 11 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 12 WISCONSIN
- 13 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 14 rain in Kauai
- 15 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 16 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 17 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 18 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 19 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 20 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 21 Phoenix restaurants
- 22 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 23 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 24 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 25 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?