We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 2 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 3 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 4 New Orleans to Savannah two weeks
- 5 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 6 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 7 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 8 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 9 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 10 7 days in Colorado with Family
- 11 If you could have one meal in Vegas, what would it be?
- 12 Day Trip Reports? May/June
- 13 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 14 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 15 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 16 A quick trip to New Orleans - Dec 2010
- 17 large suitcase as carry-on on amtrak train
- 18 First Trip to New Orleans
- 19 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 20 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 21 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 22 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 23 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 24 Michigan advice needed
- 25 Nova Star