We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 2 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 3 Washington DC in Spring?
- 4 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 5 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 6 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 7 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 8 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 9 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 10 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 11 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 12 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 13 Weekend in NYC
- 14 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 15 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 16 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 17 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 18 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 19 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 20 Breckenridge in October
- 21 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 22 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 23 Richmond highlights?
- 24 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 25 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness