We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 2 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 3 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 4 Minneapolis Parking
- 5 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 6 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 7 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 8 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 9 Romantic destination in the US
- 10 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 11 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 12 Things to do in La Jolla
- 13 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 14 family road trip
- 15 Alaska Trip Planning
- 16 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 17 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 18 Kid School Admission
- 19 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 20 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 21 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 22 New York City-New Things?
- 23 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 24 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 25 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do