We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 2 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 3 Help us choose a hotel
- 4 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 5 Staying outside DC
- 6 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 7 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 8 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 9 Ideas for New York
- 10 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 11 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 12 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 13 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 14 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 15 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 16 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 17 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 18 New York in December
- 19 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 20 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 21 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 22 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 23 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 24 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 25 Suggestions for a Week in Portland