We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 2 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 3 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 4 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 5 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 6 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 7 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 8 10 day trip
- 9 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 10 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 11 Utah restaurants
- 12 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 13 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 14 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 15 looking for beautiful gardens suggestions in early April
- 16 Ride Share DEN to CB 3/18
- 17 Venice tourist travel pass
- 18 Crossville, TN in March
- 19 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 20 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 21 Resort at the Mountain - It's Running a Rate Special
- 22 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 23 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 24 Short Road Trip California Arizona – Less than a week
- 25 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014