We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
First time visit to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 4 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 5 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 6 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 7 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 10 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 11 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 12 Best places to move to Florida?
- 13 West Coast Bound End of March
- 14 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 15 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 16 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 17 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 18 Key Largo, FL
- 19 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 20 Death Valley in June
- 21 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 22 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 23 San Diego grocery stores
- 24 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!