We have never been to USA, but next year Mrs Muck hits the big 50 (don't tell her I know) and I would love to take her to NYC as a surprise.
She loves cities, and amongst other things I think a show on Broadway would be something she would enjoy.
I am not familiar with NYC at all and whilst I have looked on the maps I would like some advice on central locations to stay around the budget, hotels near to the places that we as first time tourists would visit.
I expect we would visit around the 1st week of June, and stay for 5 or 6 nights.
Budget for hotels is probably around $160-220/night but not set in stone.
This is the start of my research and any ideas, thoughts are all gratefully received.
I will of course need to keep it secret and she will find out when we hit heathrow. (Can't really keep it secret after that )
Look forward to reading all our ideas.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 2 Alaska Trip Report: Anchorage, Denali, Seward, Juneau & Glacier Bay
- 3 Cody, Wyoming rodeo
- 4 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 5 Best route to Cody?
- 6 Miami Transportation Mid-Beach to South Beach
- 7 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 8 NYC Vacation Packages - Two Thumbs Up!
- 9 Las Vegas
- 10 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 11 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 12 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 13 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 14 national/state park in November
- 15 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 16 Family trip to San Diego. Itinerary help!
- 17 50th in Hawaii
- 18 Florida Family vacation in California
- 19 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 20 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 21 traveling to Nashville
- 22 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 23 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 24 San Francisco California
- 25 My Topic Tennessee; no makeup or hair products