My 14 year old wants to take a trip to NYC this summer. He and I will be driving in from the south part of the US. I'm planning on staying 4-5 days this coming June. Since I'm at the very beginning of my planning, I am open to any and all advice. I have so many questions!! (Should I drive into NYC? Should we stay downtown? Must-see things besides the obvious? Suggested itineraries? Should we stay outside of town where I can park my car and take the train into town?) Thanks for helping!
First time trip to NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 2 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 3 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 4 4 Nights in LA: What does our itinerary say about where we should stay?
- 5 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 6 Orlando in February
- 7 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 8 Travel from Seattle WA to Oceanside CA
- 9 Parking and Neighborhood for Miami-Dade County Auditorium
- 10 middlebury vt snow
- 11 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 12 Los Angeles day trips
- 13 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 14 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 15 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 16 Orlando hotels
- 17 Sunday morning in southern Florida
- 18 Hop On Hop Off Bus Atlanta
- 19 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 20 Driving to Daytona Beach from New Jersey
- 21 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 22 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 23 One Way Car Rentals- LAS to SFO- without drop off charges-What to check-
- 24 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 25 California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)