I am travelling to US for the first time in my life this summer and am very excited for that.
But it appears (at least this is what i feel now) US is not so user-friendly for tourists as Europe, may be because it too big
I arrive to NY on July 24th and flying back home on August 16th from Los Angeles, so I have around three weeks to explore as much as I can. I've been doing a research, but since i have several questions decided to write in a post. My initial plan is to visit NY, LA, SF, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon. I think its doable for this period, but I wanted to know if you recommend to plan the trip myself or u better take a tour, since i see there are a lot of tour agencies offering LA-SF, or LA-LV. And if yes, which tour agency would you recommend?
Also I would very much appreciate if you could recommend where to stay in all these cities, particularly in NY, LA and SF. NY is too expensive and the budget hotels are quite bad it seems. The Same problem with LA, i was looking for a shared apartment or a studio and couldnt find anything.
Any advice would really really help!
First time travelling to US
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 2 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 3 4 week family trip ideas
- 4 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 5 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 6 Looking for Next Destination
- 7 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 8 Arches National Park in a day
- 9 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 Broadway this week
- 12 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 13 Union Square area restaurant
- 14 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 15 What to do x5 days after Disneyworld for couple w/no kids.
- 16 Transportation: Clearwater airport to the coast
- 17 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 18 Washington DC in Spring?
- 19 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 20 Richmond highlights?
- 21 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 22 Weekend in NYC
- 23 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 24 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 25 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!