I am travelling to US for the first time in my life this summer and am very excited for that.
But it appears (at least this is what i feel now) US is not so user-friendly for tourists as Europe, may be because it too big
I arrive to NY on July 24th and flying back home on August 16th from Los Angeles, so I have around three weeks to explore as much as I can. I've been doing a research, but since i have several questions decided to write in a post. My initial plan is to visit NY, LA, SF, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon. I think its doable for this period, but I wanted to know if you recommend to plan the trip myself or u better take a tour, since i see there are a lot of tour agencies offering LA-SF, or LA-LV. And if yes, which tour agency would you recommend?
Also I would very much appreciate if you could recommend where to stay in all these cities, particularly in NY, LA and SF. NY is too expensive and the budget hotels are quite bad it seems. The Same problem with LA, i was looking for a shared apartment or a studio and couldnt find anything.
Any advice would really really help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 2 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 3 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 4 10 Days in Maine
- 5 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 6 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 7 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 8 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 9 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 10 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 11 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 12 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 13 sugestions
- 14 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 15 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.
- 16 Miami for 2 days
- 17 More problems for Big Sur
- 18 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 19 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 20 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 21 Las Vegas trip report
- 22 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 23 Boston area hotels
- 24 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 25 Santa Fe Itineray