I am travelling to US for the first time in my life this summer and am very excited for that.
But it appears (at least this is what i feel now) US is not so user-friendly for tourists as Europe, may be because it too big
I arrive to NY on July 24th and flying back home on August 16th from Los Angeles, so I have around three weeks to explore as much as I can. I've been doing a research, but since i have several questions decided to write in a post. My initial plan is to visit NY, LA, SF, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon. I think its doable for this period, but I wanted to know if you recommend to plan the trip myself or u better take a tour, since i see there are a lot of tour agencies offering LA-SF, or LA-LV. And if yes, which tour agency would you recommend?
Also I would very much appreciate if you could recommend where to stay in all these cities, particularly in NY, LA and SF. NY is too expensive and the budget hotels are quite bad it seems. The Same problem with LA, i was looking for a shared apartment or a studio and couldnt find anything.
Any advice would really really help!
First time travelling to US
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Getting to Key West
- 2 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 3 New Orleans Motel Question
- 4 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 6 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 7 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 8 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 9 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 10 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 11 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach
- 12 Happy Hour
- 13 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 14 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 15 road trip Houston-NJ
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 18 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 19 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 20 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 21 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 24 The Sagamore - Winter Activities
- 25 Portsmouth NH to NYC