I am travelling to US for the first time in my life this summer and am very excited for that.
But it appears (at least this is what i feel now) US is not so user-friendly for tourists as Europe, may be because it too big
I arrive to NY on July 24th and flying back home on August 16th from Los Angeles, so I have around three weeks to explore as much as I can. I've been doing a research, but since i have several questions decided to write in a post. My initial plan is to visit NY, LA, SF, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon. I think its doable for this period, but I wanted to know if you recommend to plan the trip myself or u better take a tour, since i see there are a lot of tour agencies offering LA-SF, or LA-LV. And if yes, which tour agency would you recommend?
Also I would very much appreciate if you could recommend where to stay in all these cities, particularly in NY, LA and SF. NY is too expensive and the budget hotels are quite bad it seems. The Same problem with LA, i was looking for a shared apartment or a studio and couldnt find anything.
Any advice would really really help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SAN FRANCISCO Columbus Weekend Week
- 2 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 3 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 4 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 5 SEPTA system in Philadelphia
- 6 Trip Advice Sought Southwest Trip
- 7 A week in NYC - first timers
- 8 Boston restaurants
- 9 Itinerary Critique
- 10 Covered parking outside Boston and near public transportation
- 11 Tucson in February
- 12 Ideas for New Orleans trip
- 13 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 14 Self drive from Mt Rushmore to Denver
- 15 Lets each do a post
- 16 Relative Merits of Living in Various Areas in LA
- 17 Stops in Vermont/Southern NH
- 18 Help with visit for a month!!
- 19 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 20 Philadelphia Airport to Independence Hall
- 21 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 22 Chicago to Appleton, WI how to....
- 23 FLA testing the waters
- 24 Planning Monet/Matisse visit to Cleveland Museum of Art
- 25 Our first trip to Hawaii