I am travelling to US for the first time in my life this summer and am very excited for that.
But it appears (at least this is what i feel now) US is not so user-friendly for tourists as Europe, may be because it too big
I arrive to NY on July 24th and flying back home on August 16th from Los Angeles, so I have around three weeks to explore as much as I can. I've been doing a research, but since i have several questions decided to write in a post. My initial plan is to visit NY, LA, SF, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon. I think its doable for this period, but I wanted to know if you recommend to plan the trip myself or u better take a tour, since i see there are a lot of tour agencies offering LA-SF, or LA-LV. And if yes, which tour agency would you recommend?
Also I would very much appreciate if you could recommend where to stay in all these cities, particularly in NY, LA and SF. NY is too expensive and the budget hotels are quite bad it seems. The Same problem with LA, i was looking for a shared apartment or a studio and couldnt find anything.
Any advice would really really help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 2 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 3 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 4 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 5 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 6 Pacific Drive RoadTrip during Thanks giving
- 7 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 8 Boston Ideas
- 9 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 10 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 11 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 12 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 13 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 14 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 15 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 16 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 17 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 18 Help to plan winter vacation in Yellowstone
- 19 Lake Champlain, VT
- 20 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 21 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 22 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 23 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 24 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 25 Withdrawing cash to buy a car