I am travelling to US for the first time in my life this summer and am very excited for that.
But it appears (at least this is what i feel now) US is not so user-friendly for tourists as Europe, may be because it too big
I arrive to NY on July 24th and flying back home on August 16th from Los Angeles, so I have around three weeks to explore as much as I can. I've been doing a research, but since i have several questions decided to write in a post. My initial plan is to visit NY, LA, SF, Las Vegas and Grand Canyon. I think its doable for this period, but I wanted to know if you recommend to plan the trip myself or u better take a tour, since i see there are a lot of tour agencies offering LA-SF, or LA-LV. And if yes, which tour agency would you recommend?
Also I would very much appreciate if you could recommend where to stay in all these cities, particularly in NY, LA and SF. NY is too expensive and the budget hotels are quite bad it seems. The Same problem with LA, i was looking for a shared apartment or a studio and couldnt find anything.
Any advice would really really help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help us choose a hotel
- 2 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 3 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 4 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 5 Staying outside DC
- 6 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 7 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 8 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 9 Ideas for New York
- 10 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 11 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 12 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 13 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 14 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 15 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 16 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 17 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 18 New York in December
- 19 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 20 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 21 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 22 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 23 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 24 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 25 Suggestions for a Week in Portland