First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Lin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will be visiting relatives in Portland on the end of March 2014 for approx. 3 weeks. I'll be going there with my girlfriend, and accomodation in Portland is not a problem.
So, I would just like to get an opinion on my itinerary.
1) I believe I've covered the basic spots in Portland itself, coffee, coffee, doughnuts, ice-cream, OMSI, gardens, etc, etc.
2) My biggest concern: driving in the Oregon area. We plan to hit Haystack Rock for sundown/sunrise and up to Ecola State Park. On another day, we will go to Hood River (overnight) via the historic highway with all the waterfalls, then swinging on to Mount Hood and back to Portland via Sandy.
Will driving on that time be treacherous? In my country we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm just a bit worried here, but my cousin has assured me it would not be a problem.
3) We also plan to go to Crater Lake, which is a 4-5 hour drive. I was thinking overnight in Bend or Eugene, and then driving to Crater Lake in time for the snowshoe tour at 1pm. Again, will the road to and from crater lake be dangerous at that point in time (early-mid April)?
I hope my post is not too long. I would appreciate your comments and advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://gomusclebuilding.com/x-ripped/
- 2 http://gomusclebuilding.com/boost-ultimate-male-enhancement/
- 3 http://megacleanseradvice.com/postdrox-reviews/
- 4 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 5 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 6 blue ridge parkway?
- 7 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 8 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 9 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 10 Wedding gifts?
- 11 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 12 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 13 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 14 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 15 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 16 Seattle Ho
- 17 Making the Most of a few days in Silicon Valley
- 18 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 19 November redwoods trip
- 20 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 21 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 22 First Trip to New Mexico
- 23 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 24 Southern history- walkable cities
- 25 grand canyon to santa fe in april?