First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Lin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will be visiting relatives in Portland on the end of March 2014 for approx. 3 weeks. I'll be going there with my girlfriend, and accomodation in Portland is not a problem.
So, I would just like to get an opinion on my itinerary.
1) I believe I've covered the basic spots in Portland itself, coffee, coffee, doughnuts, ice-cream, OMSI, gardens, etc, etc.
2) My biggest concern: driving in the Oregon area. We plan to hit Haystack Rock for sundown/sunrise and up to Ecola State Park. On another day, we will go to Hood River (overnight) via the historic highway with all the waterfalls, then swinging on to Mount Hood and back to Portland via Sandy.
Will driving on that time be treacherous? In my country we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm just a bit worried here, but my cousin has assured me it would not be a problem.
3) We also plan to go to Crater Lake, which is a 4-5 hour drive. I was thinking overnight in Bend or Eugene, and then driving to Crater Lake in time for the snowshoe tour at 1pm. Again, will the road to and from crater lake be dangerous at that point in time (early-mid April)?
I hope my post is not too long. I would appreciate your comments and advice.
First time to USA/Portland : Advice appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 suggestions for mobile auto repair glass company in utah
- 2 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 3 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 4 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 5 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 6 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 7 Car Needed in Austin?
- 8 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 9 West Coast Road Trip
- 10 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 11 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 12 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 13 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 14 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 15 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 16 Maui itinerary
- 17 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 18 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 19 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 20 East Coast Road Trip
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 23 Pirateland SC
- 24 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 25 San Diego with Kids