First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Lin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will be visiting relatives in Portland on the end of March 2014 for approx. 3 weeks. I'll be going there with my girlfriend, and accomodation in Portland is not a problem.
So, I would just like to get an opinion on my itinerary.
1) I believe I've covered the basic spots in Portland itself, coffee, coffee, doughnuts, ice-cream, OMSI, gardens, etc, etc.
2) My biggest concern: driving in the Oregon area. We plan to hit Haystack Rock for sundown/sunrise and up to Ecola State Park. On another day, we will go to Hood River (overnight) via the historic highway with all the waterfalls, then swinging on to Mount Hood and back to Portland via Sandy.
Will driving on that time be treacherous? In my country we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm just a bit worried here, but my cousin has assured me it would not be a problem.
3) We also plan to go to Crater Lake, which is a 4-5 hour drive. I was thinking overnight in Bend or Eugene, and then driving to Crater Lake in time for the snowshoe tour at 1pm. Again, will the road to and from crater lake be dangerous at that point in time (early-mid April)?
I hope my post is not too long. I would appreciate your comments and advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC with wheelchair
- 2 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 3 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 4 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 5 North Carolina Coast
- 6 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 7 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 8 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 9 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 10 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 11 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 12 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 13 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 14 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 15 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 16 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 17 New Orleans logistics
- 18 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 19 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 20 Hilton Head
- 21 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 22 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 23 louisiana bayou
- 24 The Adolphus
- 25 New York City Craft Beer Bar & Art Gallery