First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Lin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will be visiting relatives in Portland on the end of March 2014 for approx. 3 weeks. I'll be going there with my girlfriend, and accomodation in Portland is not a problem.
So, I would just like to get an opinion on my itinerary.
1) I believe I've covered the basic spots in Portland itself, coffee, coffee, doughnuts, ice-cream, OMSI, gardens, etc, etc.
2) My biggest concern: driving in the Oregon area. We plan to hit Haystack Rock for sundown/sunrise and up to Ecola State Park. On another day, we will go to Hood River (overnight) via the historic highway with all the waterfalls, then swinging on to Mount Hood and back to Portland via Sandy.
Will driving on that time be treacherous? In my country we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm just a bit worried here, but my cousin has assured me it would not be a problem.
3) We also plan to go to Crater Lake, which is a 4-5 hour drive. I was thinking overnight in Bend or Eugene, and then driving to Crater Lake in time for the snowshoe tour at 1pm. Again, will the road to and from crater lake be dangerous at that point in time (early-mid April)?
I hope my post is not too long. I would appreciate your comments and advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bryce and Zion planning
- 2 Maui - luau question
- 3 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 4 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 5 June trip to Colorado HELP
- 6 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 7 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 8 Colorado Itinerary
- 9 Rocky Mountain High...king
- 10 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 11 SW Colorado Itinerary
- 12 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 13 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 14 US Trip
- 15 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 16 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)
- 17 Philly Itinerary Help
- 18 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 19 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 20 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 21 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 22 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 23 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 24 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 25 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days