First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Lin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will be visiting relatives in Portland on the end of March 2014 for approx. 3 weeks. I'll be going there with my girlfriend, and accomodation in Portland is not a problem.
So, I would just like to get an opinion on my itinerary.
1) I believe I've covered the basic spots in Portland itself, coffee, coffee, doughnuts, ice-cream, OMSI, gardens, etc, etc.
2) My biggest concern: driving in the Oregon area. We plan to hit Haystack Rock for sundown/sunrise and up to Ecola State Park. On another day, we will go to Hood River (overnight) via the historic highway with all the waterfalls, then swinging on to Mount Hood and back to Portland via Sandy.
Will driving on that time be treacherous? In my country we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm just a bit worried here, but my cousin has assured me it would not be a problem.
3) We also plan to go to Crater Lake, which is a 4-5 hour drive. I was thinking overnight in Bend or Eugene, and then driving to Crater Lake in time for the snowshoe tour at 1pm. Again, will the road to and from crater lake be dangerous at that point in time (early-mid April)?
I hope my post is not too long. I would appreciate your comments and advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Folger-Shakespeare Library
- 2 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 3 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 4 20 Days Road Trip
- 5 Briefly, in WNY
- 6 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 7 Denver to Yellowstone
- 8 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 9 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 10 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 11 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 12 San Diego to San Francisco in 15 days
- 13 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 14 Bar Harbor/Acadia Insight
- 15 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 16 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 17 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 18 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 19 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 20 hotel in NYC
- 21 Wanted: Two beds, charming place NOLA
- 22 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 23 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 24 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 25 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)