First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Lin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will be visiting relatives in Portland on the end of March 2014 for approx. 3 weeks. I'll be going there with my girlfriend, and accomodation in Portland is not a problem.
So, I would just like to get an opinion on my itinerary.
1) I believe I've covered the basic spots in Portland itself, coffee, coffee, doughnuts, ice-cream, OMSI, gardens, etc, etc.
2) My biggest concern: driving in the Oregon area. We plan to hit Haystack Rock for sundown/sunrise and up to Ecola State Park. On another day, we will go to Hood River (overnight) via the historic highway with all the waterfalls, then swinging on to Mount Hood and back to Portland via Sandy.
Will driving on that time be treacherous? In my country we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm just a bit worried here, but my cousin has assured me it would not be a problem.
3) We also plan to go to Crater Lake, which is a 4-5 hour drive. I was thinking overnight in Bend or Eugene, and then driving to Crater Lake in time for the snowshoe tour at 1pm. Again, will the road to and from crater lake be dangerous at that point in time (early-mid April)?
I hope my post is not too long. I would appreciate your comments and advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Good areas for families in Tampa, FL
- 2 FlyABS - Your Partner In Flying to African Nations
- 3 Overnight parking in San Francisco
- 4 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 5 Grand Canyon to LA
- 6 Birmingham, Alabama in December
- 7 Two days and no car in San francisco
- 8 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 9 Where to stay in NYC
- 10 Death Valley
- 11 Thanksgiving in New Orleans and Tulane Visit
- 12 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 13 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 14 How can I buy a condo for cheap in florida?
- 15 What is a good city to live in in Florida.
- 16 Santa Monica / Venice Beach flat or house for a week
- 17 Nashville 2016
- 18 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 19 Family Trip- 4 Nights- DC & Richmond
- 20 Burlingame, CA restaurants?
- 21 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 22 Colorado - Photography
- 23 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 24 Oregon or Arizona for October 12 long weekend?
- 25 Fall trip, is it a good time?