First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Lin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will be visiting relatives in Portland on the end of March 2014 for approx. 3 weeks. I'll be going there with my girlfriend, and accomodation in Portland is not a problem.
So, I would just like to get an opinion on my itinerary.
1) I believe I've covered the basic spots in Portland itself, coffee, coffee, doughnuts, ice-cream, OMSI, gardens, etc, etc.
2) My biggest concern: driving in the Oregon area. We plan to hit Haystack Rock for sundown/sunrise and up to Ecola State Park. On another day, we will go to Hood River (overnight) via the historic highway with all the waterfalls, then swinging on to Mount Hood and back to Portland via Sandy.
Will driving on that time be treacherous? In my country we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm just a bit worried here, but my cousin has assured me it would not be a problem.
3) We also plan to go to Crater Lake, which is a 4-5 hour drive. I was thinking overnight in Bend or Eugene, and then driving to Crater Lake in time for the snowshoe tour at 1pm. Again, will the road to and from crater lake be dangerous at that point in time (early-mid April)?
I hope my post is not too long. I would appreciate your comments and advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://ecoflexsite.com/anaconda-xl/
- 2 http://www.menshealthsupplement.info/ripped-testo/
- 3 http://www.cogniqtry.com/ripped-testo/
- 4 Driving Salt Lake to Chicago
- 5 Western USA instead of XC road trip - Qs
- 6 muscle mass building supplements
- 7 basically poisonous for the body
- 8 San Francisco to LA road trip
- 9 For anyone driving I-5 thru central CA in the next week . . .
- 10 NJ to Florida drive
- 11 kauai hiking on kalalau
- 12 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 13 Charleston and Savannah
- 14 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 15 From NYC to DC...Bus Questions
- 16 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 17 Franklin, TN
- 18 Restaurants in or close to Cary, North Carolina
- 19 Alaska Road Trip (Anchorage-Denali-Valdez)
- 20 Restaurants in Kiawah Island, SC
- 21 Road Trip Loop San Fran south to Monterey - then -east
- 22 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 23 Alaska or northwestern states
- 24 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 25 Cody, WY --suggestions for short stop?