First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Lin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will be visiting relatives in Portland on the end of March 2014 for approx. 3 weeks. I'll be going there with my girlfriend, and accomodation in Portland is not a problem.
So, I would just like to get an opinion on my itinerary.
1) I believe I've covered the basic spots in Portland itself, coffee, coffee, doughnuts, ice-cream, OMSI, gardens, etc, etc.
2) My biggest concern: driving in the Oregon area. We plan to hit Haystack Rock for sundown/sunrise and up to Ecola State Park. On another day, we will go to Hood River (overnight) via the historic highway with all the waterfalls, then swinging on to Mount Hood and back to Portland via Sandy.
Will driving on that time be treacherous? In my country we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm just a bit worried here, but my cousin has assured me it would not be a problem.
3) We also plan to go to Crater Lake, which is a 4-5 hour drive. I was thinking overnight in Bend or Eugene, and then driving to Crater Lake in time for the snowshoe tour at 1pm. Again, will the road to and from crater lake be dangerous at that point in time (early-mid April)?
I hope my post is not too long. I would appreciate your comments and advice.
First time to USA/Portland : Advice appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 2 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 3 Hotel near Miami airport
- 4 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 5 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 6 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 7 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 8 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 9 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 10 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 11 Mesa Verde
- 12 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 13 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 14 Road Trip SW
- 15 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 16 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 17 culpepper
- 18 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 19 Chicago trip
- 20 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 21 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 22 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 23 moving to florida
- 24 Santa Barbara, California
- 25 3 days, 4 nights in Denver