First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Lin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will be visiting relatives in Portland on the end of March 2014 for approx. 3 weeks. I'll be going there with my girlfriend, and accomodation in Portland is not a problem.
So, I would just like to get an opinion on my itinerary.
1) I believe I've covered the basic spots in Portland itself, coffee, coffee, doughnuts, ice-cream, OMSI, gardens, etc, etc.
2) My biggest concern: driving in the Oregon area. We plan to hit Haystack Rock for sundown/sunrise and up to Ecola State Park. On another day, we will go to Hood River (overnight) via the historic highway with all the waterfalls, then swinging on to Mount Hood and back to Portland via Sandy.
Will driving on that time be treacherous? In my country we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm just a bit worried here, but my cousin has assured me it would not be a problem.
3) We also plan to go to Crater Lake, which is a 4-5 hour drive. I was thinking overnight in Bend or Eugene, and then driving to Crater Lake in time for the snowshoe tour at 1pm. Again, will the road to and from crater lake be dangerous at that point in time (early-mid April)?
I hope my post is not too long. I would appreciate your comments and advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://top10sideeffects.com/alpha-prime-elite/
- 2 Ankara Escort
- 3 Park City- handicapped
- 4 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 5 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 6 San Francisco first visit.
- 7 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 8 What time should we buy Liberty/Ellis Island tickets for?
- 9 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 10 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 11 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 12 Renting a car with DWAI
- 13 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 14 PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
- 15 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 16 Disney Wild Africa Trek
- 17 Yellowstone in early May
- 18 Boston (1/25-1/29), NYC (1/30-2/5)- theater, food, museum exhibits?
- 19 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 20 5 days in Central Florida--where to stay and what to see
- 21 3 Days Itinerary Recommendation for Maui
- 22 NYC: Milburn or Millenium Hilton
- 23 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 24 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 25 My kingdom for an acai bowl on Hawaii Island