First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Lin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will be visiting relatives in Portland on the end of March 2014 for approx. 3 weeks. I'll be going there with my girlfriend, and accomodation in Portland is not a problem.
So, I would just like to get an opinion on my itinerary.
1) I believe I've covered the basic spots in Portland itself, coffee, coffee, doughnuts, ice-cream, OMSI, gardens, etc, etc.
2) My biggest concern: driving in the Oregon area. We plan to hit Haystack Rock for sundown/sunrise and up to Ecola State Park. On another day, we will go to Hood River (overnight) via the historic highway with all the waterfalls, then swinging on to Mount Hood and back to Portland via Sandy.
Will driving on that time be treacherous? In my country we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm just a bit worried here, but my cousin has assured me it would not be a problem.
3) We also plan to go to Crater Lake, which is a 4-5 hour drive. I was thinking overnight in Bend or Eugene, and then driving to Crater Lake in time for the snowshoe tour at 1pm. Again, will the road to and from crater lake be dangerous at that point in time (early-mid April)?
I hope my post is not too long. I would appreciate your comments and advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 2 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 3 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 4 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 5 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 6 Airfares in the 1970's
- 7 Relocating to the Deep South
- 8 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 9 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 10 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 11 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 12 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 13 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 14 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 15 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 16 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 17 Seattle to San Francisco
- 18 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 19 San Francisco and Napa
- 20 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 21 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 22 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 23 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 24 Budget NYC hotel
- 25 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?