First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Lin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will be visiting relatives in Portland on the end of March 2014 for approx. 3 weeks. I'll be going there with my girlfriend, and accomodation in Portland is not a problem.
So, I would just like to get an opinion on my itinerary.
1) I believe I've covered the basic spots in Portland itself, coffee, coffee, doughnuts, ice-cream, OMSI, gardens, etc, etc.
2) My biggest concern: driving in the Oregon area. We plan to hit Haystack Rock for sundown/sunrise and up to Ecola State Park. On another day, we will go to Hood River (overnight) via the historic highway with all the waterfalls, then swinging on to Mount Hood and back to Portland via Sandy.
Will driving on that time be treacherous? In my country we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm just a bit worried here, but my cousin has assured me it would not be a problem.
3) We also plan to go to Crater Lake, which is a 4-5 hour drive. I was thinking overnight in Bend or Eugene, and then driving to Crater Lake in time for the snowshoe tour at 1pm. Again, will the road to and from crater lake be dangerous at that point in time (early-mid April)?
I hope my post is not too long. I would appreciate your comments and advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 2 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 3 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 4 Road Trippin' I-94, I-90, I-5, I-70, & I-80
- 5 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 6 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 7 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 8 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 9 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 10 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 11 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 12 GOOD EATING ON THE DRIVE BETWEEN FLORIDA AND THE NORTHEAST??
- 13 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 14 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 15 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 16 limited mobility for Savannah
- 17 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 18 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 19 Northwest Passage
- 20 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 21 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 22 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 23 Northwest Car Trip
- 24 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 25 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!