First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Lin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will be visiting relatives in Portland on the end of March 2014 for approx. 3 weeks. I'll be going there with my girlfriend, and accomodation in Portland is not a problem.
So, I would just like to get an opinion on my itinerary.
1) I believe I've covered the basic spots in Portland itself, coffee, coffee, doughnuts, ice-cream, OMSI, gardens, etc, etc.
2) My biggest concern: driving in the Oregon area. We plan to hit Haystack Rock for sundown/sunrise and up to Ecola State Park. On another day, we will go to Hood River (overnight) via the historic highway with all the waterfalls, then swinging on to Mount Hood and back to Portland via Sandy.
Will driving on that time be treacherous? In my country we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm just a bit worried here, but my cousin has assured me it would not be a problem.
3) We also plan to go to Crater Lake, which is a 4-5 hour drive. I was thinking overnight in Bend or Eugene, and then driving to Crater Lake in time for the snowshoe tour at 1pm. Again, will the road to and from crater lake be dangerous at that point in time (early-mid April)?
I hope my post is not too long. I would appreciate your comments and advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 2 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 3 VTL Male Enhancement–Fast Acting Blood Flow Booster
- 4 Maui and Kauai
- 5 Hello
- 6 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 7 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 8 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 9 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 10 Hotel advise Chicago
- 11 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 12 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 13 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 14 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 15 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 16 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 17 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 18 Trip to Cali
- 19 NYC Hotel Decision
- 20 NFL tickets
- 21 Grand Canyon Rim to Rim
- 22 JFK to Manhattan via AirTrain/LIRR
- 23 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 24 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 25 San Diego with teens in Februsry