First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Lin from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and will be visiting relatives in Portland on the end of March 2014 for approx. 3 weeks. I'll be going there with my girlfriend, and accomodation in Portland is not a problem.
So, I would just like to get an opinion on my itinerary.
1) I believe I've covered the basic spots in Portland itself, coffee, coffee, doughnuts, ice-cream, OMSI, gardens, etc, etc.
2) My biggest concern: driving in the Oregon area. We plan to hit Haystack Rock for sundown/sunrise and up to Ecola State Park. On another day, we will go to Hood River (overnight) via the historic highway with all the waterfalls, then swinging on to Mount Hood and back to Portland via Sandy.
Will driving on that time be treacherous? In my country we drive on the left side of the road, so I'm just a bit worried here, but my cousin has assured me it would not be a problem.
3) We also plan to go to Crater Lake, which is a 4-5 hour drive. I was thinking overnight in Bend or Eugene, and then driving to Crater Lake in time for the snowshoe tour at 1pm. Again, will the road to and from crater lake be dangerous at that point in time (early-mid April)?
I hope my post is not too long. I would appreciate your comments and advice.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 2 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 3 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 4 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 5 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 6 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 7 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 8 Maine in May?
- 9 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 10 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 11 Bed and Breakfast
- 12 Weekend Getaway with Sights and Horsebackriding Help!!
- 13 New England Winter get away with older kids
- 14 New Years Eve in NYC
- 15 Route from South Rim Grand Canyon to Moab?
- 16 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 17 Looking for a Bed and breakfast
- 18 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 19 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 20 Lake Tahoe Honeymoon
- 21 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 22 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 23 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 24 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 25 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28