We have to plan a quick trip to Hawaii as we have been invited to a destination wedding on Kauai (near Hanalei) in mid March. I was in Kauai ages ago when there was a Club Med in Hanalei and never went to any of the other islands. My husband has never been to Hawaii. I was there over Xmas at the time and it did rain -- but 10 minutes away from Hanalei int was nice.
We plan to start in Honolulu for 3 days then we have 12 days left. The last 3 will be in Kauai.
Questions: 1) Should we do 4 nights (5 days) or three nights ( 4 days) in Kauai?
2) The rest of the time would be split between Maui and the Big Island with a preference to spend more time on the Big Island.
We do not like to sit on the beach or by a pool too long. We prefer adventure travel and visiting historical or natural places as well as sailing.
Would 2 or 3 days in Maui be enough?
What would a good breakdown of time among the islands be?
We have some timeshares which we need to book soon and would like to stay at little inns or B&Bs the other times. Any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.usahealthguide.com/thrivemax/
- 2 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 3 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 4 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 5 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 6 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 7 New England Tour
- 8 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 9 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 10 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 11 Downtown Denver hotel
- 12 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 13 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 14 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 15 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 16 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 17 San Diego VRBO area
- 18 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 19 Glacier National Park 2018
- 20 Muir Woods in October
- 21 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 22 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 23 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 24 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 25 Disneyland Grand Californian