My husband and I are 66yrs. old and making our first trip to Hawaii. We are conservative and on a modest (retired) budget. We will only have 7-8 nights, possibly 9, so we need to have a very well thought out itenerary in order to make the most of our once in a lifetime visit to the islands. We are both still very active and love outdoor activities. Need best advice for hotels. We don't need resort luxury but we don't want run down and trashy unclean. Nice, clean, and view is what we would like to have. Which islands should we mainly focus on and how many days at each? Would appreciate any help we can get. Thanks
First Time Hawaii trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast in December
- 2 Grapefruit, lemon, orange, tangerine, lime
- 3 N California trip questions
- 4 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 5 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 6 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 7 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 8 Monterey and Napa
- 9 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 10 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 11 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 12 New England in the fall
- 13 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 14 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 15 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 16 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 17 Looking for Next Destination
- 18 Worst Restaurants in America
- 19 Boston: Hamersly's closing
- 20 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 21 Fall color yet?
- 22 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 23 Yosemite Lodging
- 24 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 25 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please