My husband and I are 66yrs. old and making our first trip to Hawaii. We are conservative and on a modest (retired) budget. We will only have 7-8 nights, possibly 9, so we need to have a very well thought out itenerary in order to make the most of our once in a lifetime visit to the islands. We are both still very active and love outdoor activities. Need best advice for hotels. We don't need resort luxury but we don't want run down and trashy unclean. Nice, clean, and view is what we would like to have. Which islands should we mainly focus on and how many days at each? Would appreciate any help we can get. Thanks
First Time Hawaii trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 week family trip ideas
- 2 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 3 Richmond highlights?
- 4 Broadway this week
- 5 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 6 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 7 Washington DC in Spring?
- 8 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 9 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 10 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 11 Weekend in NYC
- 12 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 13 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 14 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 15 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 16 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 17 New York, New York...
- 18 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 19 trains in Europe
- 20 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 21 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 22 USA trip
- 23 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 24 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 25 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report