My husband and I are 66yrs. old and making our first trip to Hawaii. We are conservative and on a modest (retired) budget. We will only have 7-8 nights, possibly 9, so we need to have a very well thought out itenerary in order to make the most of our once in a lifetime visit to the islands. We are both still very active and love outdoor activities. Need best advice for hotels. We don't need resort luxury but we don't want run down and trashy unclean. Nice, clean, and view is what we would like to have. Which islands should we mainly focus on and how many days at each? Would appreciate any help we can get. Thanks
First Time Hawaii trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 day trip to California
- 2 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 3 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 Rafting near Denali
- 7 New York City Restaurants
- 8 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 11 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 12 Kennedy Space Center
- 13 Week in October in Maine
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 16 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 17 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 18 B-Day Mini adventure
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 23 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 24 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 25 Commuting from Long Beach NY to Tarrytown NY for work, need advice HELP!