My husband and I are 66yrs. old and making our first trip to Hawaii. We are conservative and on a modest (retired) budget. We will only have 7-8 nights, possibly 9, so we need to have a very well thought out itenerary in order to make the most of our once in a lifetime visit to the islands. We are both still very active and love outdoor activities. Need best advice for hotels. We don't need resort luxury but we don't want run down and trashy unclean. Nice, clean, and view is what we would like to have. Which islands should we mainly focus on and how many days at each? Would appreciate any help we can get. Thanks
First Time Hawaii trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 13 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 A day in Dallas
- 16 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 17 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Door County Suggestions
- 20 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 21 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 22 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 23 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 24 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 25 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?