My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
First-Time Hawaii Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
- 2 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
- 3 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 4 Detroit, MI to Portland or bust.
- 5 Las Vegas - what to do solo
- 6 Which National Park/s with 7-year-old & possibly grandparents
- 7 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 8 Best accomodation in LA on a budget
- 9 Exciting new play opening at DR 2 Theatre, New York City, on July 24 2014
- 10 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 11 Safari Desert Boots by Bata
- 12 Can Anyone Suggest Me Tourism Evolution Services ?
- 13 Seattle: Something Different?
- 14 Grand Canyon helicopter tour from Las Vegas
- 15 Back from Miami Beach
- 16 looking for suggestions for quiet florida beach front panhandle stay
- 17 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 18 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 19 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 20 One Night in Dallas
- 21 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 22 Current status of Tappan Zee Bridge - summer 2014?
- 23 San Diego - wher to stay
- 24 Seattle Needing some help please
- 25 My 21st Birthday in Chicago