My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 1 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 2 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 Where should I move to?
- 6 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 11 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 12 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Fripp island
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013