My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 2 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 3 Big Sure in June
- 4 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 5 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 6 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 7 Carmel Monterey
- 8 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 9 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 10 Santa Fe Itineray
- 11 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 12 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 13 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 14 Arches Devils Garden
- 15 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 16 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 17 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 18 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 19 best health clubs with lap pools
- 20 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 21 Retiring to Tucson
- 22 universal studios and disney
- 23 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 24 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 25 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska