My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
First-Time Hawaii Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA with a 3 year old
- 2 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 3 united and carry-ons
- 4 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 5 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 6 Cape Cod in early April
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 11 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 12 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 13 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 14 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 15 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 16 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 17 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 18 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 19 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 20 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 21 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 22 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 23 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 24 Philadelphia
- 25 Arizona road trip any changes?