My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 2 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 3 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 4 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 5 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 6 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 7 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 8 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 9 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 10 Relocating to the Deep South
- 11 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 12 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 13 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 14 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 15 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 16 south west family trip itinerary
- 17 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 18 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 19 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 20 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 21 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 22 wasting time around JFK
- 23 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 24 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 25 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too