My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 1 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 2 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 3 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 4 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 5 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 6 Judo in California?
- 7 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 8 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 9 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 10 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 11 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 12 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 13 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 14 Madison Square Garden
- 15 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 16 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 17 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 18 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 19 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 20 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 21 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 22 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 23 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 24 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 25 St. Augustine, Florida