My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 2 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 3 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 4 Safety Concerns
- 5 Get off of your Muscle Building Online
- 6 http://hikehealth.com/
- 7 http://hikehealth.com/crevalor-and-megatropin/
- 8 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 9 Trip to northern California
- 10 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 11 First Trip to Texas -
- 12 5 days in Colorado
- 13 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 14 Washington DC with kids
- 15 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 16 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 17 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 18 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 19 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 20 Sedona for a Month
- 21 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 22 Alaska -public transport
- 23 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 24 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 25 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?