My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
First-Time Hawaii Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cross Country RV Trip
- 2 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 3 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 4 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 5 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 6 Texas
- 7 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 8 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 9 Hotels Philly
- 10 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 11 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 12 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 13 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 14 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 15 Universal Orlando
- 16 Where locals eat - Charleston, South Carolina
- 17 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 18 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 19 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 20 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 21 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 22 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 23 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 24 California
- 25 Charleston, SC Beaches