My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 2 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 3 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 4 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 5 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 6 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 7 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 8 San Diego VRBO area
- 9 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 10 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 11 Glacier National Park 2018
- 12 Muir Woods in October
- 13 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 14 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 15 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 16 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 17 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 18 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 19 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 20 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 21 Colorado Shows Off
- 22 New England Tour
- 23 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 24 help me plan a Cali trip
- 25 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens