My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 1 Hotel near Public Theater
- 2 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 3 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 4 Oahu Information
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 One day in Washington DC
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 9 Which is best place for visit in South Amrecia in December ?
- 10 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 11 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 12 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 13 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 14 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 15 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 16 San Antonio
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 Key West on NYE
- 19 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 22 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 23 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 24 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 25 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?