My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 2 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 3 Ideas for New York
- 4 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 5 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 6 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 7 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 8 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 9 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 10 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 11 New York in December
- 12 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 13 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 14 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 15 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 16 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 17 Staying outside DC
- 18 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 19 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 20 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 21 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 22 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 23 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 24 Road trip
- 25 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??