My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
First-Time Hawaii Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 2 Active Vacation
- 3 Cross Country RV Trip
- 4 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 5 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 6 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 7 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 8 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 9 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 10 Portland, OR hotel question
- 11 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 12 Northern California in February
- 13 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 14 Mother Daughter Trip
- 15 Yosemite in Winter
- 16 Florida or caribbean
- 17 Deep South sept 2015
- 18 Orlando in March
- 19 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 20 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 21 Miami Marlins
- 22 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 25 Quick SoCal question