My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
First-Time Hawaii Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans
- 2 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 3 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 4 A trip from Pensacola to Miami
- 5 New York City - apartment locations
- 6 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 7 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 8 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?
- 9 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 10 Help on choosing outdoorsy town to move to after college
- 11 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 12 Florida Everglades
- 13 Everything I Need to Know (re Taking Mama to Manhattan) I Learned on Fodors
- 14 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 15 Southern states in March/April 2016
- 16 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 17 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 18 Las Vegas, GC, Page, Bryce, Zion - August with teens - advice welcome
- 19 Sacramento: 2 days, best use of that time?
- 20 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 21 NYC hotel/July
- 22 6 days to drive from Seattle wa to oceanside ca
- 23 May 20th - Ritz Orlando Grande Lakes Charity Golf $150
- 24 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 25 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?