My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How Much Do You Pay for House Sitting?
- 2 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 3 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 4 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 5 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 6 Miami airport--safety??
- 7 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 8 Zurich airport connections
- 9 Cleveland West Side Market
- 10 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 11 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 12 Eastern Seaboard
- 13 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 14 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 15 Recent Spam Attacks
- 16 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 17 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
- 18 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
- 19 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 20 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 21 US whole month of January where to
- 22 Santa Fe, New Mexico looking for a house
- 23 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 24 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 25 Kauai-Planning ahead