My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 2 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 3 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 4 Inexpensive family getaways
- 5 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 6 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 7 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 8 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 9 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 10 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 11 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 12 Driving cross country tips
- 13 Help with first time
- 14 Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire in October
- 15 Atlanta Airport
- 16 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 17 New York City never gets Old! A long "Christmasy" weekend.
- 18 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 19 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 20 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 21 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 22 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 23 Discounted Rental Car?
- 24 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 25 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest