My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 2 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 3 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 4 Moving to Tulsa, OK
- 5 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 6 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 7 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 8 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 9 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 10 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 11 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 12 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 13 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 14 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 15 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 16 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 17 sugestions
- 18 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 19 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 20 Rules of the NY Subway
- 21 Big Sur Help!!
- 22 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 23 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 24 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 25 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)