My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
First-Time Hawaii Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 new online travel network
- 2 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 3 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 4 USA with a 3 year old
- 5 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 6 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 7 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 8 Universal studios/Orlando
- 9 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 10 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 11 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 12 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 13 NYC theatre broadway
- 14 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 15 First family ski trip
- 16 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 17 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 21 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 22 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 23 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 24 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 25 Wedding venue in NH