My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
First-Time Hawaii Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 3 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 4 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 5 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 13 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 A day in Dallas
- 16 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 17 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Door County Suggestions
- 20 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 21 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 22 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 23 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 24 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 25 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?