My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 2 San Francisco
- 3 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 4 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 5 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 6 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 7 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 8 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 9 Angels Landing
- 10 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 11 Seattle/Vancouver in July
- 12 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 13 NY State Assembly Internship
- 14 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 15 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 16 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 17 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 18 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 19 Arlington funeral plans
- 20 White Christmas
- 21 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 22 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 23 Grand Canyon
- 24 San Francisco and Napa
- 25 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?