My husband and I are contemplating a September trip, probably about 10 days, to Hawaii. We've never been. We'd prefer to just do one island since we don't want to spend too much time traveling once we arrive. We were thinking of the Big Island but really aren't sure - we would like to spend some time relaxing but also doing fun outdoors activities - hiking, snorkeling and the like. We are not looking for super luxury and would be interested in staying in non-resort places.
Is September a good time to visit the Big Island? Should we be thinking about a different island? Itinerary advice?
First-Time Hawaii Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 4 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 7 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 8 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 9 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 10 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 11 Kennedy Space Center
- 12 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 13 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 14 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 15 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 16 5 week in US/Mexico
- 17 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 18 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 19 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 20 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 21 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 24 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 25 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???