We are a 60 and 59 y.o. Orlando couple heading to Oregon for the first time in July. We have 8 days and want to visit the coast for 3-4 days and a wine region for the rest of the time. We must be back in Portland on the eve of the 8th day. We were thinking the Williamette valley, but not absolutely set on that area. We would really like ocean view lodging while on the coast, but are not inthralled with $200 plus a nite lodging, unless that is all that is avaiilable.
Flying into Portland the middle of July. Can you suggest towns for coastal stays for 3-4 days , and a wine region for a 3-4 day stay? I have done some initial research but nothing is jumping out at me for lodging. We don't prefer to move our lodging daiily. Rather a central location to day trip. Also, Is Mt. Hood worth the side trip?
Thank you,so much for your input. The Fodorites have always steered me in the right direction, all over the world. Cheers to all of you, everywhere!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 2 Moving to Tulsa, OK
- 3 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 4 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 5 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 6 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 7 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 8 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 9 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 10 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 11 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 12 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 13 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 14 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 15 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 16 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 17 sugestions
- 18 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 19 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 20 Rules of the NY Subway
- 21 Big Sur Help!!
- 22 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 23 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 24 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 25 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
First time 8 day Oregon coast and wine country adventure.......