We are a 60 and 59 y.o. Orlando couple heading to Oregon for the first time in July. We have 8 days and want to visit the coast for 3-4 days and a wine region for the rest of the time. We must be back in Portland on the eve of the 8th day. We were thinking the Williamette valley, but not absolutely set on that area. We would really like ocean view lodging while on the coast, but are not inthralled with $200 plus a nite lodging, unless that is all that is avaiilable.
Flying into Portland the middle of July. Can you suggest towns for coastal stays for 3-4 days , and a wine region for a 3-4 day stay? I have done some initial research but nothing is jumping out at me for lodging. We don't prefer to move our lodging daiily. Rather a central location to day trip. Also, Is Mt. Hood worth the side trip?
Thank you,so much for your input. The Fodorites have always steered me in the right direction, all over the world. Cheers to all of you, everywhere!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 2 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 3 south west family trip itinerary
- 4 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 5 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 6 Relocating to the Deep South
- 7 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 8 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 9 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 10 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 11 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 12 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 13 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 14 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 15 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 16 wasting time around JFK
- 17 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 18 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 19 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 20 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 21 SF Restaurant
- 22 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures
- 23 Charleston, Savannah, and Coast Itinerary <Feedback requested!>
- 24 Chicago-Family Reunion Ideas
- 25 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
First time 8 day Oregon coast and wine country adventure.......