We are a 60 and 59 y.o. Orlando couple heading to Oregon for the first time in July. We have 8 days and want to visit the coast for 3-4 days and a wine region for the rest of the time. We must be back in Portland on the eve of the 8th day. We were thinking the Williamette valley, but not absolutely set on that area. We would really like ocean view lodging while on the coast, but are not inthralled with $200 plus a nite lodging, unless that is all that is avaiilable.
Flying into Portland the middle of July. Can you suggest towns for coastal stays for 3-4 days , and a wine region for a 3-4 day stay? I have done some initial research but nothing is jumping out at me for lodging. We don't prefer to move our lodging daiily. Rather a central location to day trip. Also, Is Mt. Hood worth the side trip?
Thank you,so much for your input. The Fodorites have always steered me in the right direction, all over the world. Cheers to all of you, everywhere!
First time 8 day Oregon coast and wine country adventure.......
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy high quality and real Passport ,Visa,Driving License,ID CARD
- 2 Where to from Tampa?
- 3 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 4 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 5 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 6 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 7 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 8 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 9 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 10 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 11 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 12 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 13 Skiing New Mexico
- 14 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 15 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 16 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 17 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 18 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 19 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 20 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 21 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 23 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 24 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 25 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)