We are a 60 and 59 y.o. Orlando couple heading to Oregon for the first time in July. We have 8 days and want to visit the coast for 3-4 days and a wine region for the rest of the time. We must be back in Portland on the eve of the 8th day. We were thinking the Williamette valley, but not absolutely set on that area. We would really like ocean view lodging while on the coast, but are not inthralled with $200 plus a nite lodging, unless that is all that is avaiilable.
Flying into Portland the middle of July. Can you suggest towns for coastal stays for 3-4 days , and a wine region for a 3-4 day stay? I have done some initial research but nothing is jumping out at me for lodging. We don't prefer to move our lodging daiily. Rather a central location to day trip. Also, Is Mt. Hood worth the side trip?
Thank you,so much for your input. The Fodorites have always steered me in the right direction, all over the world. Cheers to all of you, everywhere!
First time 8 day Oregon coast and wine country adventure.......
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 2 5 week in US/Mexico
- 3 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 4 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 5 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 6 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 7 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 10 Washington, DC to Boston
- 11 New Orleans Weekend
- 12 Phoenix restaurants
- 13 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 14 San Diego Trip Report
- 15 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 16 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 17 rain in Kauai
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 20 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 21 WISCONSIN
- 22 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 23 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 24 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 25 A few hours in Salt Lake City