We are a 60 and 59 y.o. Orlando couple heading to Oregon for the first time in July. We have 8 days and want to visit the coast for 3-4 days and a wine region for the rest of the time. We must be back in Portland on the eve of the 8th day. We were thinking the Williamette valley, but not absolutely set on that area. We would really like ocean view lodging while on the coast, but are not inthralled with $200 plus a nite lodging, unless that is all that is avaiilable.
Flying into Portland the middle of July. Can you suggest towns for coastal stays for 3-4 days , and a wine region for a 3-4 day stay? I have done some initial research but nothing is jumping out at me for lodging. We don't prefer to move our lodging daiily. Rather a central location to day trip. Also, Is Mt. Hood worth the side trip?
Thank you,so much for your input. The Fodorites have always steered me in the right direction, all over the world. Cheers to all of you, everywhere!
First time 8 day Oregon coast and wine country adventure.......
- 1 Madison Square Garden
- 2 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 5 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 6 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 7 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 10 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 11 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 12 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 13 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 14 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 15 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 16 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 17 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 18 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 19 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 20 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 21 St. Augustine, Florida
- 22 San Antonio
- 23 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 24 hotel near Met NYC
- 25 Where should I move to?