We are a 60 and 59 y.o. Orlando couple heading to Oregon for the first time in July. We have 8 days and want to visit the coast for 3-4 days and a wine region for the rest of the time. We must be back in Portland on the eve of the 8th day. We were thinking the Williamette valley, but not absolutely set on that area. We would really like ocean view lodging while on the coast, but are not inthralled with $200 plus a nite lodging, unless that is all that is avaiilable.
Flying into Portland the middle of July. Can you suggest towns for coastal stays for 3-4 days , and a wine region for a 3-4 day stay? I have done some initial research but nothing is jumping out at me for lodging. We don't prefer to move our lodging daiily. Rather a central location to day trip. Also, Is Mt. Hood worth the side trip?
Thank you,so much for your input. The Fodorites have always steered me in the right direction, all over the world. Cheers to all of you, everywhere!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 2 Hotel in Reno
- 3 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 4 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 5 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 6 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 7 Retiring to Tucson
- 8 Trinity Site, NM
- 9 Santa Fe Itineray
- 10 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 11 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 12 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 13 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 14 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 15 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 16 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 17 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 18 North Carolina airports
- 19 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 20 Boston to Naples florida
- 21 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 22 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 23 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 24 best health clubs with lap pools
- 25 10 days vacation in California
First time 8 day Oregon coast and wine country adventure.......