We are a 60 and 59 y.o. Orlando couple heading to Oregon for the first time in July. We have 8 days and want to visit the coast for 3-4 days and a wine region for the rest of the time. We must be back in Portland on the eve of the 8th day. We were thinking the Williamette valley, but not absolutely set on that area. We would really like ocean view lodging while on the coast, but are not inthralled with $200 plus a nite lodging, unless that is all that is avaiilable.
Flying into Portland the middle of July. Can you suggest towns for coastal stays for 3-4 days , and a wine region for a 3-4 day stay? I have done some initial research but nothing is jumping out at me for lodging. We don't prefer to move our lodging daiily. Rather a central location to day trip. Also, Is Mt. Hood worth the side trip?
Thank you,so much for your input. The Fodorites have always steered me in the right direction, all over the world. Cheers to all of you, everywhere!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking a Good Call Girl Service in Jayanagar Bangalore
- 2 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 3 Education for higher school
- 4 NYC For The Day
- 5 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 6 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 7 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 8 9-10 day trip to WA
- 9 Atlanta With Toddler
- 10 Turo?
- 11 USA family tour
- 12 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 13 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 14 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 15 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 16 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 17 Kauai planning help
- 18 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 19 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 20 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness
- 21 California Trip
- 22 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation
- 23 Need help nailing down the details
- 24 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 25 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
First time 8 day Oregon coast and wine country adventure.......