We are a 60 and 59 y.o. Orlando couple heading to Oregon for the first time in July. We have 8 days and want to visit the coast for 3-4 days and a wine region for the rest of the time. We must be back in Portland on the eve of the 8th day. We were thinking the Williamette valley, but not absolutely set on that area. We would really like ocean view lodging while on the coast, but are not inthralled with $200 plus a nite lodging, unless that is all that is avaiilable.
Flying into Portland the middle of July. Can you suggest towns for coastal stays for 3-4 days , and a wine region for a 3-4 day stay? I have done some initial research but nothing is jumping out at me for lodging. We don't prefer to move our lodging daiily. Rather a central location to day trip. Also, Is Mt. Hood worth the side trip?
Thank you,so much for your input. The Fodorites have always steered me in the right direction, all over the world. Cheers to all of you, everywhere!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Safety Concerns
- 2 Washington DC with kids
- 3 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 4 Trip to northern California
- 5 help from a true New Yorker.
- 6 Alaska -public transport
- 7 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 8 Alaska independent tour for group
- 9 Hamilton Broadway
- 10 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 11 5 days in Colorado
- 12 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 13 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 14 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 15 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 16 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 17 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 18 First Trip to Texas -
- 19 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 20 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 21 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 22 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 23 Sedona for a Month
- 24 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 25 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
First time 8 day Oregon coast and wine country adventure.......