We are a 60 and 59 y.o. Orlando couple heading to Oregon for the first time in July. We have 8 days and want to visit the coast for 3-4 days and a wine region for the rest of the time. We must be back in Portland on the eve of the 8th day. We were thinking the Williamette valley, but not absolutely set on that area. We would really like ocean view lodging while on the coast, but are not inthralled with $200 plus a nite lodging, unless that is all that is avaiilable.
Flying into Portland the middle of July. Can you suggest towns for coastal stays for 3-4 days , and a wine region for a 3-4 day stay? I have done some initial research but nothing is jumping out at me for lodging. We don't prefer to move our lodging daiily. Rather a central location to day trip. Also, Is Mt. Hood worth the side trip?
Thank you,so much for your input. The Fodorites have always steered me in the right direction, all over the world. Cheers to all of you, everywhere!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 2 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 3 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 4 911 Museum
- 5 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 6 Austin TX restaurants
- 7 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 8 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 9 Hotel in Austin
- 10 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 11 New York on the Super Cheap, May 2017
- 12 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 13 3 day wine detour through the Willamette Valley
- 14 HotAirBalloon Festival
- 15 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 16 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 17 hotel in NYC
- 18 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 19 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 20 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 21 5 Days near Denver
- 22 Sonoma alley in May
- 23 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 24 Help Reno,Tahoe,San Fran 6 Day Trip
- 25 Lake Champlain, VT
First time 8 day Oregon coast and wine country adventure.......