We are a 60 and 59 y.o. Orlando couple heading to Oregon for the first time in July. We have 8 days and want to visit the coast for 3-4 days and a wine region for the rest of the time. We must be back in Portland on the eve of the 8th day. We were thinking the Williamette valley, but not absolutely set on that area. We would really like ocean view lodging while on the coast, but are not inthralled with $200 plus a nite lodging, unless that is all that is avaiilable.
Flying into Portland the middle of July. Can you suggest towns for coastal stays for 3-4 days , and a wine region for a 3-4 day stay? I have done some initial research but nothing is jumping out at me for lodging. We don't prefer to move our lodging daiily. Rather a central location to day trip. Also, Is Mt. Hood worth the side trip?
Thank you,so much for your input. The Fodorites have always steered me in the right direction, all over the world. Cheers to all of you, everywhere!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 2 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 3 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 4 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 5 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 6 Uber boston
- 7 What is there to do on MAUI
- 8 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 9 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 10 Any Sanibel experts?
- 11 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 12 Hawaii Help
- 13 Summer in Michigan
- 14 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 15 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 16 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 17 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 18 Rafting the Colorado
- 19 Glacier National Park
- 20 5 nights stay RMNP
- 21 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 22 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 23 West Virginia/Virginia during Thanksgiving (8 days)
- 24 Traveling in winter
- 25 a short trip to san francisco
First time 8 day Oregon coast and wine country adventure.......