We are a 60 and 59 y.o. Orlando couple heading to Oregon for the first time in July. We have 8 days and want to visit the coast for 3-4 days and a wine region for the rest of the time. We must be back in Portland on the eve of the 8th day. We were thinking the Williamette valley, but not absolutely set on that area. We would really like ocean view lodging while on the coast, but are not inthralled with $200 plus a nite lodging, unless that is all that is avaiilable.
Flying into Portland the middle of July. Can you suggest towns for coastal stays for 3-4 days , and a wine region for a 3-4 day stay? I have done some initial research but nothing is jumping out at me for lodging. We don't prefer to move our lodging daiily. Rather a central location to day trip. Also, Is Mt. Hood worth the side trip?
Thank you,so much for your input. The Fodorites have always steered me in the right direction, all over the world. Cheers to all of you, everywhere!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LEXMARK 1800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ LEXMARK printer TEC*h 24/7??
- 2 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 3 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 4 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 5 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 6 usa roadtrip
- 7 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 8 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 9 arizona rte 66
- 10 Where to live in the North East
- 11 Hawaii and...where?
- 12 Short Oregon Trip
- 13 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 14 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 15 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 16 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 17 Another Great DC Trip
- 18 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 19 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 20 Black History Museum
- 21 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 22 Chicago 2017
- 23 How much time in Badlands?
- 24 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 25 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
First time 8 day Oregon coast and wine country adventure.......