We are a 60 and 59 y.o. Orlando couple heading to Oregon for the first time in July. We have 8 days and want to visit the coast for 3-4 days and a wine region for the rest of the time. We must be back in Portland on the eve of the 8th day. We were thinking the Williamette valley, but not absolutely set on that area. We would really like ocean view lodging while on the coast, but are not inthralled with $200 plus a nite lodging, unless that is all that is avaiilable.
Flying into Portland the middle of July. Can you suggest towns for coastal stays for 3-4 days , and a wine region for a 3-4 day stay? I have done some initial research but nothing is jumping out at me for lodging. We don't prefer to move our lodging daiily. Rather a central location to day trip. Also, Is Mt. Hood worth the side trip?
Thank you,so much for your input. The Fodorites have always steered me in the right direction, all over the world. Cheers to all of you, everywhere!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Back from the Big Easy
- 2 Are you looking Very Practical Gift?
- 3 Cross country tips
- 4 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 5 Parka in PA during February?
- 6 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 7 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 8 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 9 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 10 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 11 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 12 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 13 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 14 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 15 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 16 IAH to HOU Questions
- 17 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 18 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 19 Jazzfest side trips
- 20 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 21 March in New Mexico
- 22 No Spam this morning!!
- 23 San Francisco transit options
- 24 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion
- 25 Ideas for New York
First time 8 day Oregon coast and wine country adventure.......