Just decided this morning that I want to see some of the LA coast, San Fransisco and probably end in Vegas for 3 nights and thought "road trip"......
Got 2 weeks off from 26th Feb 2014, is the weather going to be ok as in warm (hopefully enough to wear t-shirt), not rain all the time.
Not booked or looked at anything as honestly don't know where to start!!!
Fly into where????? LA or San Fran..., which direction do I head?, what maps should I be looking at???
How long are the driving between stops and where can I stop for overnight breaks, think the coastal path would be nice, dependant on time difference......
I know I'm asking a lot, but I honestly have no idea where to start, so hoping that you can take a complete novice and turn me into someone who can do this (a 48 year old lady doing a road trip with my friend, who is also a complete novice).
Many thanks in advance, I really appreciate any help you can give
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 2 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 3 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 4 Philly Itinerary Help
- 5 4 days road trip southern New England
- 6 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 7 USA family tour
- 8 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 9 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 10 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 11 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 12 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 13 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA
- 14 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 15 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area
- 16 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 17 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 18 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 19 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 20 Los Angeles area wildflower viewing?
- 21 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner
- 22 Here Are Our Interests, Now What Would You Add to Seattle?
- 23 Costco Travel
- 24 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 25 10 days in Alaska. Help please
First road trip ever, need pointers on where to start,,,,,