Just decided this morning that I want to see some of the LA coast, San Fransisco and probably end in Vegas for 3 nights and thought "road trip"......
Got 2 weeks off from 26th Feb 2014, is the weather going to be ok as in warm (hopefully enough to wear t-shirt), not rain all the time.
Not booked or looked at anything as honestly don't know where to start!!!
Fly into where????? LA or San Fran..., which direction do I head?, what maps should I be looking at???
How long are the driving between stops and where can I stop for overnight breaks, think the coastal path would be nice, dependant on time difference......
I know I'm asking a lot, but I honestly have no idea where to start, so hoping that you can take a complete novice and turn me into someone who can do this (a 48 year old lady doing a road trip with my friend, who is also a complete novice).
Many thanks in advance, I really appreciate any help you can give
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 March in New Mexico
- 2 Border crossing
- 3 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 4 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 5 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 6 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 7 Back from the Big Easy
- 8 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 9 Cross country tips
- 10 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 11 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 12 Ideas for New York
- 13 Parka in PA during February?
- 14 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 15 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 16 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 17 Driving Alaska
- 18 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 19 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 20 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 21 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 22 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 23 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 24 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 25 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
First road trip ever, need pointers on where to start,,,,,