We have just moved to live in DC from England and we can't wait to do our first vacation and road trip. We would like to take 2 weeks in August and try visitng places in Carolina and Virginia, We had thought the Outer banks might be nice but I also like the idea of the national parks and Shenandoah. We are a mid 30s couple who like the outdoors be that on a beach or in a forest. This is our chance to spend quality time together to relax after being apart for 5 months (hubby is military) . So quiet is good but with places to visit, local towns to wander through, historic sights to see before settling down in the evening with a glass of wine. Any help with places to visit and stay would be fantastic,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 2 Franklin, TN
- 3 Western USA instead of XC road trip - Qs
- 4 Restaurants in or close to Cary, North Carolina
- 5 Alaska Road Trip (Anchorage-Denali-Valdez)
- 6 Restaurants in Kiawah Island, SC
- 7 Road Trip Loop San Fran south to Monterey - then -east
- 8 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 9 For anyone driving I-5 thru central CA in the next week . . .
- 10 From NYC to DC...Bus Questions
- 11 Driving Salt Lake to Chicago
- 12 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 13 Alaska or northwestern states
- 14 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 15 Charleston and Savannah
- 16 Cody, WY --suggestions for short stop?
- 17 Tranquility Bay or Cheeca Lodge?
- 18 ALASKA FOR 7 DAYS
- 19 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 20 Any one found a fee free ATM around Point Pleasant, NJ area?
- 21 6 week West USA Family driving trip
- 22 Advise on trip
- 23 Best time to visit alaska
- 24 help getting through mobile, al
- 25 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?