We have just moved to live in DC from England and we can't wait to do our first vacation and road trip. We would like to take 2 weeks in August and try visitng places in Carolina and Virginia, We had thought the Outer banks might be nice but I also like the idea of the national parks and Shenandoah. We are a mid 30s couple who like the outdoors be that on a beach or in a forest. This is our chance to spend quality time together to relax after being apart for 5 months (hubby is military) . So quiet is good but with places to visit, local towns to wander through, historic sights to see before settling down in the evening with a glass of wine. Any help with places to visit and stay would be fantastic,
First east coast road trip help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Universal studios/Orlando
- 2 USA with a 3 year old
- 3 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 4 Wedding venue in NH
- 5 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 8 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 9 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 12 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 13 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 14 San Diego parks and attractions
- 15 Alaska
- 16 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 17 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 18 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 19 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 20 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 21 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 22 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 23 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 24 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 25 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?