We have just moved to live in DC from England and we can't wait to do our first vacation and road trip. We would like to take 2 weeks in August and try visitng places in Carolina and Virginia, We had thought the Outer banks might be nice but I also like the idea of the national parks and Shenandoah. We are a mid 30s couple who like the outdoors be that on a beach or in a forest. This is our chance to spend quality time together to relax after being apart for 5 months (hubby is military) . So quiet is good but with places to visit, local towns to wander through, historic sights to see before settling down in the evening with a glass of wine. Any help with places to visit and stay would be fantastic,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Secret Behind The Very Best Weight Loss Supplements
- 2 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 3 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 4 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 5 Key West luxury hotels
- 6 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 7 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 8 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 9 I95
- 10 Florida keys trip
- 11 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 12 Wine Country
- 13 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 14 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 15 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 16 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 17 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 18 Nashville Never Been
- 19 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 20 Where to stay 3 nights Big Island Jan 29-Feb 1
- 21 Florida beach vacation
- 22 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 23 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 24 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 25 Fall 1st time trip wine country