We have just moved to live in DC from England and we can't wait to do our first vacation and road trip. We would like to take 2 weeks in August and try visitng places in Carolina and Virginia, We had thought the Outer banks might be nice but I also like the idea of the national parks and Shenandoah. We are a mid 30s couple who like the outdoors be that on a beach or in a forest. This is our chance to spend quality time together to relax after being apart for 5 months (hubby is military) . So quiet is good but with places to visit, local towns to wander through, historic sights to see before settling down in the evening with a glass of wine. Any help with places to visit and stay would be fantastic,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 2 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 3 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 4 Florida in October
- 5 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 6 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 7 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 8 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 9 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 10 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 11 FLL to Key West
- 12 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 13 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 14 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 15 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 16 Road Trip to ND, SD, Nebraska, and Iowas
- 17 7-DAY SOJOURN IN SO. CAL
- 18 road trip
- 19 New England Road Trip
- 20 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 21 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 22 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 23 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 24 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 25 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC