We have just moved to live in DC from England and we can't wait to do our first vacation and road trip. We would like to take 2 weeks in August and try visitng places in Carolina and Virginia, We had thought the Outer banks might be nice but I also like the idea of the national parks and Shenandoah. We are a mid 30s couple who like the outdoors be that on a beach or in a forest. This is our chance to spend quality time together to relax after being apart for 5 months (hubby is military) . So quiet is good but with places to visit, local towns to wander through, historic sights to see before settling down in the evening with a glass of wine. Any help with places to visit and stay would be fantastic,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 2 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 3 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 4 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 5 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 6 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 7 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 8 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 9 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 10 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 11 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 12 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 13 US Open Tennis
- 14 Boston/New England late Sept. with children
- 15 Hotels in San Diego
- 16 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 17 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 18 Seattle Area Trip Help
- 19 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 20 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 21 Southampton to JFK drive time and car service
- 22 Go NY Tour bus accident - 15 hurt
- 23 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
- 24 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 25 Rhode Island Beach Vacation?