during our honeymoon, we took a road trip in the Southwest. THE usual road trip : SF, Monterey, Yosemite, ... Brice ... Grand Canyon, Las Vegas ...
For our 10th anniversary (in 2013, yes I'm starting early) we thought of going back to the US, but in another area.
We are more "nature, scenery" oriented than "big city", but not "day long trekking". 2-3h walk will do nicely ... I lived in Kansas for a year, and I love small U.S. cities ...
I always wanted to go to Tennessee, Kentucky, ... I really like the photos I've seen, and we like Country Music, Blues, ...
I've done some research, but it's never easy to estimate the schedules
Here's a first draft of how this trip could start
http://maps.google.be/maps/ms?msid=209640713031112783675.0004ae8d18b6c91b43205&msa=0&ll=35.106428, -88.308105 & spn = 2.224337,5.410767
This is mainly in Tennessee, what I've seen on the Kentucky tourism website does not thrill me I must say ...
So if someone has an opinion on the above route above or better info on Kentucky, I'm interested ...
I do not have a specific timetable in mind, but I think tat 10-12 days would probably be a good estimate ...
An alternative could be to push to Washington DC (one day like to see the CIA, Quantico, Arlington, Whashington ...)by way of the Blue Ridge perhaps?
Thank you in advance,
First draft road trip Tennessee, Kentucky, ... Advice welcome!
- 1 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 2 Which is best place for visit in South Amrecia in December ?
- 3 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 4 One day in Washington DC
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 7 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 8 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 9 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 10 San Antonio
- 11 hotel near Met NYC
- 12 Key West on NYE
- 13 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 14 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 15 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 16 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 17 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 18 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 19 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 20 Hotel near Public Theater
- 21 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 22 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 23 Oahu Information
- 24 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 25 Wailea Maui Restaurants