during our honeymoon, we took a road trip in the Southwest. THE usual road trip : SF, Monterey, Yosemite, ... Brice ... Grand Canyon, Las Vegas ...
For our 10th anniversary (in 2013, yes I'm starting early) we thought of going back to the US, but in another area.
We are more "nature, scenery" oriented than "big city", but not "day long trekking". 2-3h walk will do nicely ... I lived in Kansas for a year, and I love small U.S. cities ...
I always wanted to go to Tennessee, Kentucky, ... I really like the photos I've seen, and we like Country Music, Blues, ...
I've done some research, but it's never easy to estimate the schedules
Here's a first draft of how this trip could start
http://maps.google.be/maps/ms?msid=209640713031112783675.0004ae8d18b6c91b43205&msa=0&ll=35.106428, -88.308105 & spn = 2.224337,5.410767
This is mainly in Tennessee, what I've seen on the Kentucky tourism website does not thrill me I must say ...
So if someone has an opinion on the above route above or better info on Kentucky, I'm interested ...
I do not have a specific timetable in mind, but I think tat 10-12 days would probably be a good estimate ...
An alternative could be to push to Washington DC (one day like to see the CIA, Quantico, Arlington, Whashington ...)by way of the Blue Ridge perhaps?
Thank you in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 2 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 3 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 4 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 5 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 6 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 7 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 8 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July
- 9 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 10 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 11 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 14 New Orleans music
- 15 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 16 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 17 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 18 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 19 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 20 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 21 Holman Ranch vineyard tour in Carmel Valley (Monterey County)
- 22 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 23 NYC with wheelchair
- 24 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 25 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC
First draft road trip Tennessee, Kentucky, ... Advice welcome!