during our honeymoon, we took a road trip in the Southwest. THE usual road trip : SF, Monterey, Yosemite, ... Brice ... Grand Canyon, Las Vegas ...
For our 10th anniversary (in 2013, yes I'm starting early) we thought of going back to the US, but in another area.
We are more "nature, scenery" oriented than "big city", but not "day long trekking". 2-3h walk will do nicely ... I lived in Kansas for a year, and I love small U.S. cities ...
I always wanted to go to Tennessee, Kentucky, ... I really like the photos I've seen, and we like Country Music, Blues, ...
I've done some research, but it's never easy to estimate the schedules
Here's a first draft of how this trip could start
http://maps.google.be/maps/ms?msid=209640713031112783675.0004ae8d18b6c91b43205&msa=0&ll=35.106428, -88.308105 & spn = 2.224337,5.410767
This is mainly in Tennessee, what I've seen on the Kentucky tourism website does not thrill me I must say ...
So if someone has an opinion on the above route above or better info on Kentucky, I'm interested ...
I do not have a specific timetable in mind, but I think tat 10-12 days would probably be a good estimate ...
An alternative could be to push to Washington DC (one day like to see the CIA, Quantico, Arlington, Whashington ...)by way of the Blue Ridge perhaps?
Thank you in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 2 SF and northern California - October
- 3 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 4 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 5 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 6 November redwoods trip
- 7 Yellowstone
- 8 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 9 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 10 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 11 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 12 costco Big island
- 13 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 14 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 15 Which island for R&R?
- 16 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 17 Olympic NP w/toddler
- 18 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 19 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 20 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 21 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 22 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 23 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 24 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 25 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
First draft road trip Tennessee, Kentucky, ... Advice welcome!