during our honeymoon, we took a road trip in the Southwest. THE usual road trip : SF, Monterey, Yosemite, ... Brice ... Grand Canyon, Las Vegas ...
For our 10th anniversary (in 2013, yes I'm starting early) we thought of going back to the US, but in another area.
We are more "nature, scenery" oriented than "big city", but not "day long trekking". 2-3h walk will do nicely ... I lived in Kansas for a year, and I love small U.S. cities ...
I always wanted to go to Tennessee, Kentucky, ... I really like the photos I've seen, and we like Country Music, Blues, ...
I've done some research, but it's never easy to estimate the schedules
Here's a first draft of how this trip could start
http://maps.google.be/maps/ms?msid=209640713031112783675.0004ae8d18b6c91b43205&msa=0&ll=35.106428, -88.308105 & spn = 2.224337,5.410767
This is mainly in Tennessee, what I've seen on the Kentucky tourism website does not thrill me I must say ...
So if someone has an opinion on the above route above or better info on Kentucky, I'm interested ...
I do not have a specific timetable in mind, but I think tat 10-12 days would probably be a good estimate ...
An alternative could be to push to Washington DC (one day like to see the CIA, Quantico, Arlington, Whashington ...)by way of the Blue Ridge perhaps?
Thank you in advance,
First draft road trip Tennessee, Kentucky, ... Advice welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 2 What is timeshare in spiritual sense.
- 3 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 4 Finding flights and hotels globally
- 5 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 6 Is the New York subway safe?
- 7 Skiing New Mexico
- 8 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 9 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 10 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 11 Where to from Tampa?
- 12 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 13 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 14 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 15 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 16 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 17 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 18 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 19 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 20 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 21 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 22 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 23 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 25 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please