during our honeymoon, we took a road trip in the Southwest. THE usual road trip : SF, Monterey, Yosemite, ... Brice ... Grand Canyon, Las Vegas ...
For our 10th anniversary (in 2013, yes I'm starting early) we thought of going back to the US, but in another area.
We are more "nature, scenery" oriented than "big city", but not "day long trekking". 2-3h walk will do nicely ... I lived in Kansas for a year, and I love small U.S. cities ...
I always wanted to go to Tennessee, Kentucky, ... I really like the photos I've seen, and we like Country Music, Blues, ...
I've done some research, but it's never easy to estimate the schedules
Here's a first draft of how this trip could start
http://maps.google.be/maps/ms?msid=209640713031112783675.0004ae8d18b6c91b43205&msa=0&ll=35.106428, -88.308105 & spn = 2.224337,5.410767
This is mainly in Tennessee, what I've seen on the Kentucky tourism website does not thrill me I must say ...
So if someone has an opinion on the above route above or better info on Kentucky, I'm interested ...
I do not have a specific timetable in mind, but I think tat 10-12 days would probably be a good estimate ...
An alternative could be to push to Washington DC (one day like to see the CIA, Quantico, Arlington, Whashington ...)by way of the Blue Ridge perhaps?
Thank you in advance,
First draft road trip Tennessee, Kentucky, ... Advice welcome!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Universal studios/Orlando
- 2 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 3 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 4 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 7 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 8 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 9 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 10 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 11 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 12 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 13 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 14 Alaska
- 15 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 16 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 17 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 18 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 22 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 23 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 24 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 25 Austin Anniversary Dinner