during our honeymoon, we took a road trip in the Southwest. THE usual road trip : SF, Monterey, Yosemite, ... Brice ... Grand Canyon, Las Vegas ...
For our 10th anniversary (in 2013, yes I'm starting early) we thought of going back to the US, but in another area.
We are more "nature, scenery" oriented than "big city", but not "day long trekking". 2-3h walk will do nicely ... I lived in Kansas for a year, and I love small U.S. cities ...
I always wanted to go to Tennessee, Kentucky, ... I really like the photos I've seen, and we like Country Music, Blues, ...
I've done some research, but it's never easy to estimate the schedules
Here's a first draft of how this trip could start
http://maps.google.be/maps/ms?msid=209640713031112783675.0004ae8d18b6c91b43205&msa=0&ll=35.106428, -88.308105 & spn = 2.224337,5.410767
This is mainly in Tennessee, what I've seen on the Kentucky tourism website does not thrill me I must say ...
So if someone has an opinion on the above route above or better info on Kentucky, I'm interested ...
I do not have a specific timetable in mind, but I think tat 10-12 days would probably be a good estimate ...
An alternative could be to push to Washington DC (one day like to see the CIA, Quantico, Arlington, Whashington ...)by way of the Blue Ridge perhaps?
Thank you in advance,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscombined.com/ultraderm-lux/
- 2 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 3 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 4 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 5 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 6 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 7 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 8 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 9 Sonoma
- 10 Northwest Passage
- 11 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 12 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 13 Alaska cruise
- 14 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 15 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 16 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 17 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 18 101 closure
- 19 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 20 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 21 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 22 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 23 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
First draft road trip Tennessee, Kentucky, ... Advice welcome!