My husband & I have visited many of our National Parks but my dream has always been to go to Yellowstone. We are finally planning trip for May/June 2015. I usually do all the research & planning so we tour on our own using visitor centers & ranger talks/hikes for in depth info but Yellowstone is so big we are considering the "Total Yellowstone" 5 day tour offered by the National Parks. We are mid 60's but I have some physical limitations which prevent me from doing long hikes; I can do walks up to 2-3 miles. Plan on doing what I can and leaving strenuous stuff to hubby. We are planning 2 week trip to Yellowstone & Grand Teton so we should have a few days to customize so we see everything we want to see. Has anyone out there done this tour? Any comments or input? Also would like opinion on Headwaters Lodge & Cabins at Flagg Ranch and Jenny Lake Cabins. We don't need 5 star luxury but do want comfortable accommodations and a good meal at end of the day.
Finally Going To Yellowstone!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast in December
- 2 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 3 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 4 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 5 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 6 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 7 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 8 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 9 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 10 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 11 Florida St George's Island
- 12 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 13 Washington DC in Spring?
- 14 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 15 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Weekend in NYC
- 21 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 24 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 25 Breckenridge in October