I would like to plan a fall camping trip in Wisconsin. I live in Michigan and know that there is a ferry that leaves from Ludington (?) to Wi (?). I don't know what city it arrives in and I would like to know about some scenic camping spots in the area. After the long ferry ride I'd like to get to the campsite within a few hours drive. I've checked out some state parks on the web (i.e., Potawatomi, Peninsula, Rock Island, Newport SP) but they don't tell you much. Does anyone have a favorite state park? The sites can be as rustic as possible - we are "backpack only" campers. Thanks!!
Ferry over from MI to Camp - ideas??
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 2 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 3 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 4 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 5 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 6 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 7 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 8 Alaska
- 9 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 10 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 11 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 12 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 13 San Diego parks and attractions
- 14 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 15 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 16 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 17 First family ski trip
- 18 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 19 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 20 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 21 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 22 NYC theatre broadway
- 23 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 24 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?