We've lived in Seattle for 2 years and we don't know anything about Alaska yet, but we'd like to go to Alaska this summer. We'd like to go via water, but don't want a big cruise ship. And it would be good to have a car for exploring. A friend suggested that we plan a trip using the state ferry system, hopping from one place to another using the ferries, and take our car along. Does anyone have a reaction to that idea? I like that it would allow us to be flexible as we go. We'll be able to spend 2 weeks doing the trip.
Ferries to Alaska?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 2 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 3 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 6 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 7 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 8 NW Houston restaurant help
- 9 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 10 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 11 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 12 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 13 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 14 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 15 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 18 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 19 charleston during Christmas Week
- 20 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 21 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 24 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 25 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation