We've lived in Seattle for 2 years and we don't know anything about Alaska yet, but we'd like to go to Alaska this summer. We'd like to go via water, but don't want a big cruise ship. And it would be good to have a car for exploring. A friend suggested that we plan a trip using the state ferry system, hopping from one place to another using the ferries, and take our car along. Does anyone have a reaction to that idea? I like that it would allow us to be flexible as we go. We'll be able to spend 2 weeks doing the trip.
Ferries to Alaska?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 2 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 3 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 4 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 5 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 6 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 7 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 8 World Cup organisers said
- 9 a small consolation for All
- 10 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 11 Boston suggestions
- 12 Ben Landa
- 13 4 week family trip ideas
- 14 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 15 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 16 Looking for Next Destination
- 17 Tucson area flooding
- 18 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 19 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 20 West Coast Road Trip
- 21 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 22 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 23 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 24 Seattle : Airport to Hotel best/economical transportation??
- 25 first time in AZ