We've lived in Seattle for 2 years and we don't know anything about Alaska yet, but we'd like to go to Alaska this summer. We'd like to go via water, but don't want a big cruise ship. And it would be good to have a car for exploring. A friend suggested that we plan a trip using the state ferry system, hopping from one place to another using the ferries, and take our car along. Does anyone have a reaction to that idea? I like that it would allow us to be flexible as we go. We'll be able to spend 2 weeks doing the trip.
Ferries to Alaska?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 Boston area -- nature
- 3 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 4 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 5 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 6 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 7 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 8 4 week family trip ideas
- 9 SFO black friday traffic
- 10 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 11 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 12 California & French Polynesia
- 13 General Utah planning questions
- 14 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 15 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 16 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 17 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 18 Dining in Manhattan
- 19 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 How to dress in Vegas
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 25 St Patrick's renovations