We're 3 Australian friends doing a road trip of Southern US next April.
We have an itinerary planned, however are unsure whether it's realistic to visit all these places in 24 nights without driving too much and rushing things. We also want to ensure that we don't miss out on some great places along the way.
To give you an idea of our interests, we enjoy going to beaches, shopping, art and architecture, history, good food and wine, seeing live music, generally absorbing new cultures and outdoor activities like hiking (as long as this isn't all the time!)
Our current plan is as follows:
- Head from New York (our first stop) to Miami and stay for 3 nights. Information on what Miami is like would be great. We're looking for nice beaches and good nightlife but not too busy or trashy.
- Hire a car and head a few hours North to a quieter beach town. Any suggestions?
- Drive to Savannah and stay for 3 nights.
- Drive to Charleston and stay for 5 nights.
- Drive to The Great Smoky Mountains and stay for 2 nights.
- Drive to Nashville and stay for 3 nights.
- Drive to Memphis and stay for 2 nights.
- Drive to New Orleans for the Jazz Festival and stay for 4 nights.
Any feedback and recommendations would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 (U.S) AOL Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:888:482:3831 AOL Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Road trip from Asheville to western United States!
- 3 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 4 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 5 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 6 New Itinerary
- 7 Help with Northwest Trip
- 8 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 9 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 10 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 11 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences
- 12 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 13 Trip report--San Diego food experiences
- 14 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 15 road trip
- 16 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 17 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 18 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 19 Orlando area weather in June
- 20 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 21 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 22 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 23 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 24 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI
- 25 Myrtle beach