We're 3 Australian friends doing a road trip of Southern US next April.
We have an itinerary planned, however are unsure whether it's realistic to visit all these places in 24 nights without driving too much and rushing things. We also want to ensure that we don't miss out on some great places along the way.
To give you an idea of our interests, we enjoy going to beaches, shopping, art and architecture, history, good food and wine, seeing live music, generally absorbing new cultures and outdoor activities like hiking (as long as this isn't all the time!)
Our current plan is as follows:
- Head from New York (our first stop) to Miami and stay for 3 nights. Information on what Miami is like would be great. We're looking for nice beaches and good nightlife but not too busy or trashy.
- Hire a car and head a few hours North to a quieter beach town. Any suggestions?
- Drive to Savannah and stay for 3 nights.
- Drive to Charleston and stay for 5 nights.
- Drive to The Great Smoky Mountains and stay for 2 nights.
- Drive to Nashville and stay for 3 nights.
- Drive to Memphis and stay for 2 nights.
- Drive to New Orleans for the Jazz Festival and stay for 4 nights.
Any feedback and recommendations would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://capiluxprobrazilblog.com/actus-expertise/
- 2 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 3 Roadtrip to Yosemite etc
- 4 Anchorage-Seward Daytrip -- Train or Bus?
- 5 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 6 YellowStone or Grand Canyon in August?
- 7 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 8 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 9 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 10 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 11 Road Trippin' I-94, I-90, I-5, I-70, & I-80
- 12 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 13 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 14 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 15 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 16 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 17 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 18 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 19 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 20 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 21 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 22 GOOD EATING ON THE DRIVE BETWEEN FLORIDA AND THE NORTHEAST??
- 23 limited mobility for Savannah
- 24 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 25 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?