We're 3 Australian friends doing a road trip of Southern US next April.
We have an itinerary planned, however are unsure whether it's realistic to visit all these places in 24 nights without driving too much and rushing things. We also want to ensure that we don't miss out on some great places along the way.
To give you an idea of our interests, we enjoy going to beaches, shopping, art and architecture, history, good food and wine, seeing live music, generally absorbing new cultures and outdoor activities like hiking (as long as this isn't all the time!)
Our current plan is as follows:
- Head from New York (our first stop) to Miami and stay for 3 nights. Information on what Miami is like would be great. We're looking for nice beaches and good nightlife but not too busy or trashy.
- Hire a car and head a few hours North to a quieter beach town. Any suggestions?
- Drive to Savannah and stay for 3 nights.
- Drive to Charleston and stay for 5 nights.
- Drive to The Great Smoky Mountains and stay for 2 nights.
- Drive to Nashville and stay for 3 nights.
- Drive to Memphis and stay for 2 nights.
- Drive to New Orleans for the Jazz Festival and stay for 4 nights.
Any feedback and recommendations would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 코리아레이스 ★ 도메인 : 【_bbk89.com_】♥과천경마
- 2 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 3 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 4 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 5 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 6 Driving to NYC from Ohio
- 7 Ohio to NYC
- 8 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 9 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 10 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 11 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 12 4 days road trip southern New England
- 13 Philly Itinerary Help
- 14 Which one to pick----Phillips 26 Glacier or Prince William Sound cruise?
- 15 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 16 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego
- 17 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 18 Bryce and Zion planning
- 19 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 20 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 21 Boston with baby
- 22 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 23 Where to go: Dallas-Austin-Houston-San Antonio
- 24 Sacramento Hotel
- 25 USA family tour