We're 3 Australian friends doing a road trip of Southern US next April.
We have an itinerary planned, however are unsure whether it's realistic to visit all these places in 24 nights without driving too much and rushing things. We also want to ensure that we don't miss out on some great places along the way.
To give you an idea of our interests, we enjoy going to beaches, shopping, art and architecture, history, good food and wine, seeing live music, generally absorbing new cultures and outdoor activities like hiking (as long as this isn't all the time!)
Our current plan is as follows:
- Head from New York (our first stop) to Miami and stay for 3 nights. Information on what Miami is like would be great. We're looking for nice beaches and good nightlife but not too busy or trashy.
- Hire a car and head a few hours North to a quieter beach town. Any suggestions?
- Drive to Savannah and stay for 3 nights.
- Drive to Charleston and stay for 5 nights.
- Drive to The Great Smoky Mountains and stay for 2 nights.
- Drive to Nashville and stay for 3 nights.
- Drive to Memphis and stay for 2 nights.
- Drive to New Orleans for the Jazz Festival and stay for 4 nights.
Any feedback and recommendations would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 2 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 3 Where in the U.S. is the temperature no more than 75 degrees in the summer?
- 4 Please help me add SNP to my road trip!
- 5 Help me plan 1 week in Miami South Beach
- 6 Change planes in Atlanta
- 7 Labor Day in Key West...Literally
- 8 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 9 I95
- 10 Golden Triangle Trip LA>LV>SF>LA 03.30-04.14
- 11 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 12 From Atlanta to Nashville with 2 days in between- what to Do?
- 13 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 14 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 15 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 16 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 17 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 18 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 19 Wine Country
- 20 San Francisco first visit.
- 21 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 22 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 23 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
- 24 Hawaii Help
- 25 Renting a car with DWAI