I'm at the beginning stages of planning a road trip for next fall and I'm hoping to get some feedback on my itinerary.
4 women (30s and 40s), first long distance road trip, novice (but eager) hikers, moderate to high fitness level, love culture + wine + scenic beauty.
Tentative Dates: Sept 20 - Oct 3
DAY 1: Arrive Denver
DAY 2: Drive Independence Pass, pit-stop in Aspen, Grand Junction
DAY 3: Grand Junction
DAY 4: Moab, Canyonlands, Arches
DAYS 5-6: Bryce (departure late afternoon of day 6)
DAYS 7-8: Zion (departure late afternoon of day 8)
DAYS 9-10: Grand Canyon
DAY 11: Petrified National Forrest , Albuquerque
DAY 12: ABQ Balloon Fiesta
That's what I've got so far. My specific questions are:
--What are your thoughts on the length of time I've scheduled for the parks?
--Are there any must sees that I'm missing? I wanted to add Black Canyon and Mesa Verde, but couldn't find a place to fit them.
--If I needed to make the trip shorter, what would you recommend dropping/spending less time at?
--What's the weather really like during late September/early October? We're from Miami, so winter is about 59 degrees.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Feedback Needed for Four Corners Road Trip, Please.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 2 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 3 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 4 Travel West Coast
- 5 Where to go in Maine?
- 6 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 7 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 8 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 9 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 10 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 13 Rafting near Denali
- 14 Colorado in the summer!
- 15 Kennebunkport and....?
- 16 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 17 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 18 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 19 WISCONSIN
- 20 Jersey City Parking
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 23 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 24 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH