I'm at the beginning stages of planning a road trip for next fall and I'm hoping to get some feedback on my itinerary.
4 women (30s and 40s), first long distance road trip, novice (but eager) hikers, moderate to high fitness level, love culture + wine + scenic beauty.
Tentative Dates: Sept 20 - Oct 3
DAY 1: Arrive Denver
DAY 2: Drive Independence Pass, pit-stop in Aspen, Grand Junction
DAY 3: Grand Junction
DAY 4: Moab, Canyonlands, Arches
DAYS 5-6: Bryce (departure late afternoon of day 6)
DAYS 7-8: Zion (departure late afternoon of day 8)
DAYS 9-10: Grand Canyon
DAY 11: Petrified National Forrest , Albuquerque
DAY 12: ABQ Balloon Fiesta
That's what I've got so far. My specific questions are:
--What are your thoughts on the length of time I've scheduled for the parks?
--Are there any must sees that I'm missing? I wanted to add Black Canyon and Mesa Verde, but couldn't find a place to fit them.
--If I needed to make the trip shorter, what would you recommend dropping/spending less time at?
--What's the weather really like during late September/early October? We're from Miami, so winter is about 59 degrees.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Steamboat in August
- 2 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 3 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 4 Zion and Bryce in July
- 5 Desert Southwest
- 6 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 7 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 8 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 9 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 10 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 11 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 12 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 13 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 14 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 15 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 16 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 17 JFK-connection
- 18 Extended weekend beach get away
- 19 Reagan Library
- 20 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 21 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 22 Southern history- walkable cities
- 23 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 24 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 25 New Software