I'm at the beginning stages of planning a road trip for next fall and I'm hoping to get some feedback on my itinerary.
4 women (30s and 40s), first long distance road trip, novice (but eager) hikers, moderate to high fitness level, love culture + wine + scenic beauty.
Tentative Dates: Sept 20 - Oct 3
DAY 1: Arrive Denver
DAY 2: Drive Independence Pass, pit-stop in Aspen, Grand Junction
DAY 3: Grand Junction
DAY 4: Moab, Canyonlands, Arches
DAYS 5-6: Bryce (departure late afternoon of day 6)
DAYS 7-8: Zion (departure late afternoon of day 8)
DAYS 9-10: Grand Canyon
DAY 11: Petrified National Forrest , Albuquerque
DAY 12: ABQ Balloon Fiesta
That's what I've got so far. My specific questions are:
--What are your thoughts on the length of time I've scheduled for the parks?
--Are there any must sees that I'm missing? I wanted to add Black Canyon and Mesa Verde, but couldn't find a place to fit them.
--If I needed to make the trip shorter, what would you recommend dropping/spending less time at?
--What's the weather really like during late September/early October? We're from Miami, so winter is about 59 degrees.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 2 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 3 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 4 Austin, Hotel
- 5 Maui - luau question
- 6 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)
- 7 Bryce and Zion planning
- 8 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 9 June trip to Colorado HELP
- 10 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 11 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 12 Colorado Itinerary
- 13 Rocky Mountain High...king
- 14 SW Colorado Itinerary
- 15 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 16 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 17 US Trip
- 18 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 19 Philly Itinerary Help
- 20 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 21 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 22 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 23 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 24 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 25 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line