I'm at the beginning stages of planning a road trip for next fall and I'm hoping to get some feedback on my itinerary.
4 women (30s and 40s), first long distance road trip, novice (but eager) hikers, moderate to high fitness level, love culture + wine + scenic beauty.
Tentative Dates: Sept 20 - Oct 3
DAY 1: Arrive Denver
DAY 2: Drive Independence Pass, pit-stop in Aspen, Grand Junction
DAY 3: Grand Junction
DAY 4: Moab, Canyonlands, Arches
DAYS 5-6: Bryce (departure late afternoon of day 6)
DAYS 7-8: Zion (departure late afternoon of day 8)
DAYS 9-10: Grand Canyon
DAY 11: Petrified National Forrest , Albuquerque
DAY 12: ABQ Balloon Fiesta
That's what I've got so far. My specific questions are:
--What are your thoughts on the length of time I've scheduled for the parks?
--Are there any must sees that I'm missing? I wanted to add Black Canyon and Mesa Verde, but couldn't find a place to fit them.
--If I needed to make the trip shorter, what would you recommend dropping/spending less time at?
--What's the weather really like during late September/early October? We're from Miami, so winter is about 59 degrees.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 2 How to make money road tripping
- 3 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 4 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 5 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 6 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 7 New York in December
- 8 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 9 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 10 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 11 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 12 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 13 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 14 Ideas for New York
- 15 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 16 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 17 Staying outside DC
- 18 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 19 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 20 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 21 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 22 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 23 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 24 Road trip
- 25 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??