I'm at the beginning stages of planning a road trip for next fall and I'm hoping to get some feedback on my itinerary.
4 women (30s and 40s), first long distance road trip, novice (but eager) hikers, moderate to high fitness level, love culture + wine + scenic beauty.
Tentative Dates: Sept 20 - Oct 3
DAY 1: Arrive Denver
DAY 2: Drive Independence Pass, pit-stop in Aspen, Grand Junction
DAY 3: Grand Junction
DAY 4: Moab, Canyonlands, Arches
DAYS 5-6: Bryce (departure late afternoon of day 6)
DAYS 7-8: Zion (departure late afternoon of day 8)
DAYS 9-10: Grand Canyon
DAY 11: Petrified National Forrest , Albuquerque
DAY 12: ABQ Balloon Fiesta
That's what I've got so far. My specific questions are:
--What are your thoughts on the length of time I've scheduled for the parks?
--Are there any must sees that I'm missing? I wanted to add Black Canyon and Mesa Verde, but couldn't find a place to fit them.
--If I needed to make the trip shorter, what would you recommend dropping/spending less time at?
--What's the weather really like during late September/early October? We're from Miami, so winter is about 59 degrees.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 2 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 3 5 days in Colorado
- 4 Trip to northern California
- 5 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 6 40th in Key West
- 7 Washington DC with kids
- 8 help from a true New Yorker.
- 9 Downtown Chicago
- 10 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 11 Safety Concerns
- 12 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 13 Alaska -public transport
- 14 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 15 Alaska independent tour for group
- 16 Hamilton Broadway
- 17 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 18 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 19 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 20 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 21 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 22 First Trip to Texas -
- 23 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 24 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 25 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia