We're working on a blog story and would love your feedback. Disney World has announced that they will be transitioning to data-collecting wireless wristbands (MagicBands) instead of paper tickets.
The MagicBands will act as a guest's room key, theme park ticket, access to FastPass+ selections, PhotoPass card and optional payment account, tracking everything from what you buy to which attractions you visit.
What do you think about this? Are you more attracted by the convenience of this offering, or bothered that the company is collecting your personal data?
You can see the full announcement here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/taking-the-disney-guest-experience-to-the-next-level/
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 2 5 days in Portland and Willamette wine country
- 3 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 4 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 5 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 6 1.5 days in Chicago
- 7 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 8 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 9 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 10 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 11 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 12 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 13 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 14 Maine in late October
- 15 Mendocino Hiking
- 16 Running kissimmee Florida
- 17 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 18 LOWER Antelope Canyon
- 19 Monterey whale watching
- 20 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 21 Coast Starlight Amtrak
- 22 Mackinac or Holland?
- 23 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 24 Memphis to Dallas
- 25 The New Whitney
Feedback needed: Disney World announces the use of MagicBands