We're working on a blog story and would love your feedback. Disney World has announced that they will be transitioning to data-collecting wireless wristbands (MagicBands) instead of paper tickets.
The MagicBands will act as a guest's room key, theme park ticket, access to FastPass+ selections, PhotoPass card and optional payment account, tracking everything from what you buy to which attractions you visit.
What do you think about this? Are you more attracted by the convenience of this offering, or bothered that the company is collecting your personal data?
You can see the full announcement here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/taking-the-disney-guest-experience-to-the-next-level/
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SAN FRANCISCO Columbus Weekend Week
- 2 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 3 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 4 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 5 SEPTA system in Philadelphia
- 6 Trip Advice Sought Southwest Trip
- 7 A week in NYC - first timers
- 8 Boston restaurants
- 9 Itinerary Critique
- 10 Covered parking outside Boston and near public transportation
- 11 Tucson in February
- 12 Ideas for New Orleans trip
- 13 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 14 Self drive from Mt Rushmore to Denver
- 15 Lets each do a post
- 16 Relative Merits of Living in Various Areas in LA
- 17 Stops in Vermont/Southern NH
- 18 Help with visit for a month!!
- 19 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 20 Philadelphia Airport to Independence Hall
- 21 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 22 Chicago to Appleton, WI how to....
- 23 FLA testing the waters
- 24 Planning Monet/Matisse visit to Cleveland Museum of Art
- 25 Our first trip to Hawaii
Feedback needed: Disney World announces the use of MagicBands