Hubby (65) and I (61) will arrive in USA early November. When we reach San Francisco my husband is planning on hiring a car. After a serious car accident I experienced 8 years ago and also the fact my son and his wife's family experienced losing 2 members of their family in a car accident, I am very nervous about driving in another country when one has to drive on the opposite side of the road to what we are used to. I am wondering if it would be possible to book a one off driving lesson for hubby so both he and I feel comfortable with him driving there? Is this something driving schools would do? or do you need to book a series of lessons? If it is possible could someone recommend a company. We plan in staying in the area near Fishermans Wharf.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Request Driving tips from Zion NP, UT to San Francisco?
- 2 what western states to spend the most time in
- 3 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 4 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 5 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 6 Hawaii - where?
- 7 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 8 Little Compton, RI
- 9 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 10 Moab UT Accommendations
- 11 A week in NYC - first timers
- 12 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 13 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 14 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 15 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 16 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 17 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 18 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 19 Retiring in Florida
- 20 Help with first time
- 21 NJ to Florida drive
- 22 Maine/Vermont/Quebec vs. Costa Rica?
- 23 Rapid City Accommodation - 1st timer - looking for up to date suggestions
- 24 Best route from Battle Creek, MI to Bar Harbor, ME
- 25 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town