Hubby (65) and I (61) will arrive in USA early November. When we reach San Francisco my husband is planning on hiring a car. After a serious car accident I experienced 8 years ago and also the fact my son and his wife's family experienced losing 2 members of their family in a car accident, I am very nervous about driving in another country when one has to drive on the opposite side of the road to what we are used to. I am wondering if it would be possible to book a one off driving lesson for hubby so both he and I feel comfortable with him driving there? Is this something driving schools would do? or do you need to book a series of lessons? If it is possible could someone recommend a company. We plan in staying in the area near Fishermans Wharf.
Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 2 Has anyone been getting ads for handguns/holsters?
- 3 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 4 bachelors degree
- 5 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 6 Florida Vacation
- 7 Can Anyone Suggest which is the Best Holiday Destination with Family.?
- 8 Is Coral Gables or Miami a shorter distance to the Everglades?
- 9 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 10 historic small western towns - with shopping district, dino digs??
- 11 Trailing Cyclone Ana to Maui (trip report)
- 12 First Time RVing - Is my itinerary on overkill for 10 day trip?
- 13 Getting to Key West
- 14 New Orleans Motel Question
- 15 Itinerary ideas for Niagara Falls via Corning/Watkins from NYC
- 16 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 17 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 18 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 19 Has anyone been to Li'l Dizzy's in the Treme?
- 20 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 24 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 25 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14