Hubby (65) and I (61) will arrive in USA early November. When we reach San Francisco my husband is planning on hiring a car. After a serious car accident I experienced 8 years ago and also the fact my son and his wife's family experienced losing 2 members of their family in a car accident, I am very nervous about driving in another country when one has to drive on the opposite side of the road to what we are used to. I am wondering if it would be possible to book a one off driving lesson for hubby so both he and I feel comfortable with him driving there? Is this something driving schools would do? or do you need to book a series of lessons? If it is possible could someone recommend a company. We plan in staying in the area near Fishermans Wharf.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 2 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 3 Ideas for New York
- 4 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 5 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 6 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 7 Help us choose a hotel
- 8 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 9 Honeymoon on PCH
- 10 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 11 Magic Show
- 12 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 13 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 14 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 15 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 16 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 17 Staying outside DC
- 18 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 19 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 20 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 21 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 22 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 23 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 24 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 25 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs