Hubby (65) and I (61) will arrive in USA early November. When we reach San Francisco my husband is planning on hiring a car. After a serious car accident I experienced 8 years ago and also the fact my son and his wife's family experienced losing 2 members of their family in a car accident, I am very nervous about driving in another country when one has to drive on the opposite side of the road to what we are used to. I am wondering if it would be possible to book a one off driving lesson for hubby so both he and I feel comfortable with him driving there? Is this something driving schools would do? or do you need to book a series of lessons? If it is possible could someone recommend a company. We plan in staying in the area near Fishermans Wharf.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 2 NYC- LaGuardia to Rye
- 3 Where to Stay in San Francisco for one night
- 4 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 5 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 6 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 7 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 8 NYC with wheelchair
- 9 Lodging in Bryce or outside ?
- 10 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 11 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 12 Returned from Sedona
- 13 Fun activities in Lubbock with 7 year old?
- 14 Carlsbad Caverns
- 15 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 16 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 17 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 18 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 19 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 20 Biloxi Suggestions
- 21 Pacific beach to la jolla cove and shores
- 22 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 23 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 24 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 25 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July