Coupled with a trip to see a friend in Vancouver, BC in June, I've decided to visit Oregon's largest city for the first time ever. I'm from the East Coast and find I feel a certain glee to be surrounded by West Coast scenery; it'll be my first time in Oregon period. I won't be driving so am planning on staying somewhere reasonably central.
Are there any parks you particularly love in the city, either for the vibe, the gardens, the greenery, the view, the charm of surrounding houses? I'll happily take transit or bike to get out to them if that's what it'll take. If you think it's an interesting park, regardless of what anyone else thinks,let me know. I love to cycle too, so ideas about cycling paths that are pleasant would be something I'd love to hear about.
Any favorite healthy, home-cooked or vegetarian restaurants (I'm not actually vegetarian but I love vegetarian cuisine) I'd love to hear about also. Hole-in-the-wall budget places up to say $20 a plate. Places a solo diner would feel comfortable would be preferred.
Any and all thoughts (even tangents) are appreciated! Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 2 Change planes in Atlanta
- 3 Advice for RV Touring with Baby.
- 4 a short trip to san francisco
- 5 I95
- 6 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 7 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 8 Uber boston
- 9 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 10 Please help me add SNP to my road trip!
- 11 Help me plan 1 week in Miami South Beach
- 12 Labor Day in Key West...Literally
- 13 Golden Triangle Trip LA>LV>SF>LA 03.30-04.14
- 14 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 15 From Atlanta to Nashville with 2 days in between- what to Do?
- 16 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 17 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 18 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 19 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 20 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 21 Wine Country
- 22 San Francisco first visit.
- 23 Ideas for February Road Trip from San Francisco?
- 24 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 25 Looking for a restaurant! Oregon 101
Favorite Parks, Veg Restos in Portland, Oregon Accessible by Public Transit