Coupled with a trip to see a friend in Vancouver, BC in June, I've decided to visit Oregon's largest city for the first time ever. I'm from the East Coast and find I feel a certain glee to be surrounded by West Coast scenery; it'll be my first time in Oregon period. I won't be driving so am planning on staying somewhere reasonably central.
Are there any parks you particularly love in the city, either for the vibe, the gardens, the greenery, the view, the charm of surrounding houses? I'll happily take transit or bike to get out to them if that's what it'll take. If you think it's an interesting park, regardless of what anyone else thinks,let me know. I love to cycle too, so ideas about cycling paths that are pleasant would be something I'd love to hear about.
Any favorite healthy, home-cooked or vegetarian restaurants (I'm not actually vegetarian but I love vegetarian cuisine) I'd love to hear about also. Hole-in-the-wall budget places up to say $20 a plate. Places a solo diner would feel comfortable would be preferred.
Any and all thoughts (even tangents) are appreciated! Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 2 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 3 California, late February
- 4 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 5 Fodor's Survey
- 6 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 7 3 day road trip from Las Vegas -Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion
- 8 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 9 TIPS - Pacific Coast Highway
- 10 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 11 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 12 Northern California Redwoods
- 13 Seaside, California
- 14 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 15 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 16 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 17 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 18 Denali
- 19 JFK Terminal 8
- 20 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 21 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 22 Maine in May?
- 23 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 24 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 25 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
Favorite Parks, Veg Restos in Portland, Oregon Accessible by Public Transit