Coupled with a trip to see a friend in Vancouver, BC in June, I've decided to visit Oregon's largest city for the first time ever. I'm from the East Coast and find I feel a certain glee to be surrounded by West Coast scenery; it'll be my first time in Oregon period. I won't be driving so am planning on staying somewhere reasonably central.
Are there any parks you particularly love in the city, either for the vibe, the gardens, the greenery, the view, the charm of surrounding houses? I'll happily take transit or bike to get out to them if that's what it'll take. If you think it's an interesting park, regardless of what anyone else thinks,let me know. I love to cycle too, so ideas about cycling paths that are pleasant would be something I'd love to hear about.
Any favorite healthy, home-cooked or vegetarian restaurants (I'm not actually vegetarian but I love vegetarian cuisine) I'd love to hear about also. Hole-in-the-wall budget places up to say $20 a plate. Places a solo diner would feel comfortable would be preferred.
Any and all thoughts (even tangents) are appreciated! Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 days vacation in Maine
- 2 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 3 san fransisco to crater lake
- 4 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 5 Family reunion ideas
- 6 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 7 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 8 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 9 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 10 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 11 New Software
- 12 JFK-connection
- 13 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 14 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 15 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 16 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 17 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 18 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 19 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah
- 20 RV campsites Newport RI
- 21 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 22 Southern history- walkable cities
- 23 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 24 Reagan Library
- 25 Need advice - Charleston girls' weekend
Favorite Parks, Veg Restos in Portland, Oregon Accessible by Public Transit