Coupled with a trip to see a friend in Vancouver, BC in June, I've decided to visit Oregon's largest city for the first time ever. I'm from the East Coast and find I feel a certain glee to be surrounded by West Coast scenery; it'll be my first time in Oregon period. I won't be driving so am planning on staying somewhere reasonably central.
Are there any parks you particularly love in the city, either for the vibe, the gardens, the greenery, the view, the charm of surrounding houses? I'll happily take transit or bike to get out to them if that's what it'll take. If you think it's an interesting park, regardless of what anyone else thinks,let me know. I love to cycle too, so ideas about cycling paths that are pleasant would be something I'd love to hear about.
Any favorite healthy, home-cooked or vegetarian restaurants (I'm not actually vegetarian but I love vegetarian cuisine) I'd love to hear about also. Hole-in-the-wall budget places up to say $20 a plate. Places a solo diner would feel comfortable would be preferred.
Any and all thoughts (even tangents) are appreciated! Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://newhealthsupplement.com/exoslim/
- 2 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 3 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 4 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 5 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 6 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 7 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 8 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 9 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 10 blue ridge parkway?
- 11 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 12 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 13 San Diego, mission valley
- 14 First Trip to New Mexico
- 15 Taxi from Honolulu airport to hotels
- 16 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 17 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 18 November redwoods trip
- 19 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 20 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 21 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 22 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 23 MN lake home rental needed
- 24 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 25 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
Favorite Parks, Veg Restos in Portland, Oregon Accessible by Public Transit