Coupled with a trip to see a friend in Vancouver, BC in June, I've decided to visit Oregon's largest city for the first time ever. I'm from the East Coast and find I feel a certain glee to be surrounded by West Coast scenery; it'll be my first time in Oregon period. I won't be driving so am planning on staying somewhere reasonably central.
Are there any parks you particularly love in the city, either for the vibe, the gardens, the greenery, the view, the charm of surrounding houses? I'll happily take transit or bike to get out to them if that's what it'll take. If you think it's an interesting park, regardless of what anyone else thinks,let me know. I love to cycle too, so ideas about cycling paths that are pleasant would be something I'd love to hear about.
Any favorite healthy, home-cooked or vegetarian restaurants (I'm not actually vegetarian but I love vegetarian cuisine) I'd love to hear about also. Hole-in-the-wall budget places up to say $20 a plate. Places a solo diner would feel comfortable would be preferred.
Any and all thoughts (even tangents) are appreciated! Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rules of the NY Subway
- 2 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 3 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 4 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 5 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 6 Creating something new
- 7 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 8 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 9 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 10 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 11 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 12 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 13 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 14 Las Vegas trip report
- 15 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 16 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 17 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 18 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 19 10 Days in Maine
- 20 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 21 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 22 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 23 sugestions
- 24 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.
- 25 Miami for 2 days
Favorite Parks, Veg Restos in Portland, Oregon Accessible by Public Transit