Coupled with a trip to see a friend in Vancouver, BC in June, I've decided to visit Oregon's largest city for the first time ever. I'm from the East Coast and find I feel a certain glee to be surrounded by West Coast scenery; it'll be my first time in Oregon period. I won't be driving so am planning on staying somewhere reasonably central.
Are there any parks you particularly love in the city, either for the vibe, the gardens, the greenery, the view, the charm of surrounding houses? I'll happily take transit or bike to get out to them if that's what it'll take. If you think it's an interesting park, regardless of what anyone else thinks,let me know. I love to cycle too, so ideas about cycling paths that are pleasant would be something I'd love to hear about.
Any favorite healthy, home-cooked or vegetarian restaurants (I'm not actually vegetarian but I love vegetarian cuisine) I'd love to hear about also. Hole-in-the-wall budget places up to say $20 a plate. Places a solo diner would feel comfortable would be preferred.
Any and all thoughts (even tangents) are appreciated! Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel CA lodging
- 2 Inrease Your concentration skills with Revive CBD Oil (USA)
- 3 New England Tour
- 4 Full Logic Solutions
- 5 It will maximize the production of testosterone
- 6 Trip to Russia
- 7 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 8 Clemix Testosterone Complex - Increase your Stamina Level
- 9 Driving CA 395
- 10 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 11 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 12 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 13 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 14 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 15 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 16 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 17 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 18 Maui and Kauai
- 19 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 20 Glacier National Park 2018
- 21 Hawaii wedding
- 22 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 23 Adirondacks trip repot
- 24 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 25 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
Favorite Parks, Veg Restos in Portland, Oregon Accessible by Public Transit