Coupled with a trip to see a friend in Vancouver, BC in June, I've decided to visit Oregon's largest city for the first time ever. I'm from the East Coast and find I feel a certain glee to be surrounded by West Coast scenery; it'll be my first time in Oregon period. I won't be driving so am planning on staying somewhere reasonably central.
Are there any parks you particularly love in the city, either for the vibe, the gardens, the greenery, the view, the charm of surrounding houses? I'll happily take transit or bike to get out to them if that's what it'll take. If you think it's an interesting park, regardless of what anyone else thinks,let me know. I love to cycle too, so ideas about cycling paths that are pleasant would be something I'd love to hear about.
Any favorite healthy, home-cooked or vegetarian restaurants (I'm not actually vegetarian but I love vegetarian cuisine) I'd love to hear about also. Hole-in-the-wall budget places up to say $20 a plate. Places a solo diner would feel comfortable would be preferred.
Any and all thoughts (even tangents) are appreciated! Best wishes, Daniel
Favorite Parks, Veg Restos in Portland, Oregon Accessible by Public Transit
- 1 Would you become a "fake" travel agent to save money?
- 2 SFO airport changing terminals
- 3 Transport between SW National Parks ~ 3 weeks trip
- 4 Advice on where to stay in Boston
- 5 South Haven, Michigan in the winter
- 6 NYC votes all cigarette bans and laws apply to "vapor" cigarettes
- 7 Train from Newark to Manhattan
- 8 SF Activities
- 9 Florida: Palm Beach to Sarasota
- 10 Vegas Shows
- 11 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 12 4 weeks in Florida with 4 moth baby
- 13 Charleston SC 3 day visit
- 14 Paso Robles, CA
- 15 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 16 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 17 Full day in Nashville
- 18 Skiing
- 19 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 20 Have you used Online Vacation Travel?
- 21 Kona/Lyman's Bay rental property?
- 22 Mini-Trip to Ashland VA ("Center of the Universe”!)
- 23 just me in nyc- dine alone spots near hotel
- 24 San Diego or Hawaii
- 25 NYE in San Antonio