Coupled with a trip to see a friend in Vancouver, BC in June, I've decided to visit Oregon's largest city for the first time ever. I'm from the East Coast and find I feel a certain glee to be surrounded by West Coast scenery; it'll be my first time in Oregon period. I won't be driving so am planning on staying somewhere reasonably central.
Are there any parks you particularly love in the city, either for the vibe, the gardens, the greenery, the view, the charm of surrounding houses? I'll happily take transit or bike to get out to them if that's what it'll take. If you think it's an interesting park, regardless of what anyone else thinks,let me know. I love to cycle too, so ideas about cycling paths that are pleasant would be something I'd love to hear about.
Any favorite healthy, home-cooked or vegetarian restaurants (I'm not actually vegetarian but I love vegetarian cuisine) I'd love to hear about also. Hole-in-the-wall budget places up to say $20 a plate. Places a solo diner would feel comfortable would be preferred.
Any and all thoughts (even tangents) are appreciated! Best wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://metabogarciniahelp.com/lmage-eye-serum/
- 2 help from a true New Yorker.
- 3 Washington DC with kids
- 4 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 5 About In-road Tours and Travels
- 6 waiting line queue management system
- 7 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 8 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 9 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 10 Safety Concerns
- 11 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 12 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 13 Alaska independent tour for group
- 14 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 15 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 16 5 days in Colorado
- 17 Trip to northern California
- 18 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 19 40th in Key West
- 20 Downtown Chicago
- 21 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 22 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 23 Alaska -public transport
- 24 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 25 Hamilton Broadway
Favorite Parks, Veg Restos in Portland, Oregon Accessible by Public Transit