I'm pretty new to road tripping, and actually am doing a cross country move in one month. I am looking for the absolute fastest route from Tucson to Amarillo, TX. I'll be traveling with a dog (tips there are appreciated too) and won't be able to do any site seeing- plus the heat will make getting out of the car brief. So I just want to power through and reach my destination as soon as possible.
Importantly, I don't want to get stuck on a one lane, 50 MPH road by choosing the shortest route though. AAA gave me a route that takes routes 70, 54 and 60, but I'm not familiar with those roads at all. I can see it skirts around Roswell and up past Clovis, NM before going into TX that way.
Is it about the same time to just go the typical route through Albuquerque or do one of the lesser known routes really make a difference?
Also, my car isn't great on gas mileage, so stretches without any stations also make me nervous.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 BUY ORIGINAL,TOEFL,IELTS,TOEIC,PASSPORT,ID CARDS,VISA,DRIVING LICENSE
- 2 Roadtrip July 2017
- 3 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 4 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 5 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 6 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 7 Retiring to Tucson
- 8 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 9 Big Sure in June
- 10 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 11 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 12 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 13 Carmel Monterey
- 14 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 15 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 16 Santa Fe Itineray
- 17 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 18 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 19 Arches Devils Garden
- 20 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 21 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 22 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 23 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 24 best health clubs with lap pools
- 25 universal studios and disney