I'm pretty new to road tripping, and actually am doing a cross country move in one month. I am looking for the absolute fastest route from Tucson to Amarillo, TX. I'll be traveling with a dog (tips there are appreciated too) and won't be able to do any site seeing- plus the heat will make getting out of the car brief. So I just want to power through and reach my destination as soon as possible.
Importantly, I don't want to get stuck on a one lane, 50 MPH road by choosing the shortest route though. AAA gave me a route that takes routes 70, 54 and 60, but I'm not familiar with those roads at all. I can see it skirts around Roswell and up past Clovis, NM before going into TX that way.
Is it about the same time to just go the typical route through Albuquerque or do one of the lesser known routes really make a difference?
Also, my car isn't great on gas mileage, so stretches without any stations also make me nervous.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 TOLL-FREE : YAHOO MAIL CONTACT ☎1:888:482:3831 YAHOO MAIL
- 2 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 3 Weekend at the Straits of Mackinac
- 4 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 5 Trip report--Los Angeles food experiences
- 6 Help with Northwest Trip
- 7 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 8 Trip report--San Diego food experiences
- 9 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 10 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 11 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 12 road trip
- 13 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 14 Great Steel Building
- 15 Gmail phishing attack is Become tricky
- 16 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 17 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 18 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 19 Orlando area weather in June
- 20 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 21 New Itinerary
- 22 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 23 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 24 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 25 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI