I'm pretty new to road tripping, and actually am doing a cross country move in one month. I am looking for the absolute fastest route from Tucson to Amarillo, TX. I'll be traveling with a dog (tips there are appreciated too) and won't be able to do any site seeing- plus the heat will make getting out of the car brief. So I just want to power through and reach my destination as soon as possible.
Importantly, I don't want to get stuck on a one lane, 50 MPH road by choosing the shortest route though. AAA gave me a route that takes routes 70, 54 and 60, but I'm not familiar with those roads at all. I can see it skirts around Roswell and up past Clovis, NM before going into TX that way.
Is it about the same time to just go the typical route through Albuquerque or do one of the lesser known routes really make a difference?
Also, my car isn't great on gas mileage, so stretches without any stations also make me nervous.
Fastest Route From Tucson to Amarillo TX
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 rain in Kauai
- 2 Where to go in Maine?
- 3 Jersey City Parking
- 4 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 5 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint