I'm pretty new to road tripping, and actually am doing a cross country move in one month. I am looking for the absolute fastest route from Tucson to Amarillo, TX. I'll be traveling with a dog (tips there are appreciated too) and won't be able to do any site seeing- plus the heat will make getting out of the car brief. So I just want to power through and reach my destination as soon as possible.
Importantly, I don't want to get stuck on a one lane, 50 MPH road by choosing the shortest route though. AAA gave me a route that takes routes 70, 54 and 60, but I'm not familiar with those roads at all. I can see it skirts around Roswell and up past Clovis, NM before going into TX that way.
Is it about the same time to just go the typical route through Albuquerque or do one of the lesser known routes really make a difference?
Also, my car isn't great on gas mileage, so stretches without any stations also make me nervous.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 2 The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Atm Machine?
- 3 Book Cheap Flights from Detroit to India
- 4 Good cheap eats in/near San Francisco, including coffee
- 5 Orlando - condoleances
- 6 http://www.topwellnesspro.com/revitasence/
- 7 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 8 http://newhealthsupplement.com/max-gain-xtreme/
- 9 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 10 http://www.tophealthbuy.com/xtrasize-male-enhancement/
- 11 road trip during husbands bday
- 12 Your favourite places in New York City
- 13 Trip Starting from New York
- 14 A day in Boston
- 15 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 16 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 17 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 18 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 19 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 20 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 21 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 22 Niagara Falls.
- 23 A June trip to Kauai
- 24 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 25 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in