We're considering a family vacation to Hawaii in the next 12 months, but I don't even know where to start planning, so I'm hoping for some helpful advice to point us in the right direction.
Here's the vital stats:
Family of 6 (Wife and I, kids 17, 13, 12, 9). We'd like to spend 7-10 days.
things we're interested in:
seeing a volcano
a bit of history (especially Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial and the Missouri)
My oldest daughter is also studying Japanese, so anything regarding Japanese heritage in Hawaii would be fun, too.
At this point, I'm looking for places to stay, which type of accommodation (hotel, resort, vacation rental) and any other advice to point us in the right direction. I'm also looking for estimates on possible costs, which has been tough to research given the size of our family. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 2 Staying outside DC
- 3 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 4 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 5 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 6 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 7 Ideas for New York
- 8 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 9 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 10 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 11 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 12 Road trip
- 13 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 14 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 15 Getting married to a French man
- 16 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 17 Florida beach recommendation, please
- 18 Maine-Portland/Bar Harbor/Moosehead Lake
- 19 Phantom Ranch and....
- 20 Where to stay in Carmel area?
- 21 Where to visit
- 22 A Few Days in Asheville
- 23 10 Day California Trip - Itinirary Help
- 24 Miami to Ft Lauderdale
- 25 Great OR beach house locations?