We're considering a family vacation to Hawaii in the next 12 months, but I don't even know where to start planning, so I'm hoping for some helpful advice to point us in the right direction.
Here's the vital stats:
Family of 6 (Wife and I, kids 17, 13, 12, 9). We'd like to spend 7-10 days.
things we're interested in:
seeing a volcano
a bit of history (especially Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial and the Missouri)
My oldest daughter is also studying Japanese, so anything regarding Japanese heritage in Hawaii would be fun, too.
At this point, I'm looking for places to stay, which type of accommodation (hotel, resort, vacation rental) and any other advice to point us in the right direction. I'm also looking for estimates on possible costs, which has been tough to research given the size of our family. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Financial Offer/Business Funding Available Through Bank Instruments
- 2 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 3 California Coast Road-Trip Must-Sees
- 4 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 5 Summer trip
- 6 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 7 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 8 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 9 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 10 Alaska Itinerary - Suggestions & Comments Please
- 11 How many states have you been to?
- 12 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 13 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 14 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 15 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 16 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 17 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 18 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 19 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 20 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 21 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 22 Florida keys trip
- 23 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 24 Route Planning for East USA
- 25 Italian Food, Palm Desert