We're considering a family vacation to Hawaii in the next 12 months, but I don't even know where to start planning, so I'm hoping for some helpful advice to point us in the right direction.
Here's the vital stats:
Family of 6 (Wife and I, kids 17, 13, 12, 9). We'd like to spend 7-10 days.
things we're interested in:
seeing a volcano
a bit of history (especially Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial and the Missouri)
My oldest daughter is also studying Japanese, so anything regarding Japanese heritage in Hawaii would be fun, too.
At this point, I'm looking for places to stay, which type of accommodation (hotel, resort, vacation rental) and any other advice to point us in the right direction. I'm also looking for estimates on possible costs, which has been tough to research given the size of our family. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Family vacation to Hawaii - where to start?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Denver
- 2 Visiting Denver
- 3 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 6 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 7 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 8 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 New Yorkers,,,Yea!!
- 11 San Diego parks and attractions
- 12 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 13 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 14 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 15 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 16 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 17 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 18 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 19 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 20 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 21 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 22 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 23 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 24 Door County Suggestions
- 25 First family ski trip