We're considering a family vacation to Hawaii in the next 12 months, but I don't even know where to start planning, so I'm hoping for some helpful advice to point us in the right direction.
Here's the vital stats:
Family of 6 (Wife and I, kids 17, 13, 12, 9). We'd like to spend 7-10 days.
things we're interested in:
seeing a volcano
a bit of history (especially Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial and the Missouri)
My oldest daughter is also studying Japanese, so anything regarding Japanese heritage in Hawaii would be fun, too.
At this point, I'm looking for places to stay, which type of accommodation (hotel, resort, vacation rental) and any other advice to point us in the right direction. I'm also looking for estimates on possible costs, which has been tough to research given the size of our family. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YAHOO Password Recovery CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:54O:683O Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 3 Rules of the NY Subway
- 4 Big Sur Help!!
- 5 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 6 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 7 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 8 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 9 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 10 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 11 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 12 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 13 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 14 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 15 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 16 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 17 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 18 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 19 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 20 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 21 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 22 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 23 Las Vegas trip report
- 24 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 25 10 Days in Maine