We're considering a family vacation to Hawaii in the next 12 months, but I don't even know where to start planning, so I'm hoping for some helpful advice to point us in the right direction.
Here's the vital stats:
Family of 6 (Wife and I, kids 17, 13, 12, 9). We'd like to spend 7-10 days.
things we're interested in:
seeing a volcano
a bit of history (especially Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial and the Missouri)
My oldest daughter is also studying Japanese, so anything regarding Japanese heritage in Hawaii would be fun, too.
At this point, I'm looking for places to stay, which type of accommodation (hotel, resort, vacation rental) and any other advice to point us in the right direction. I'm also looking for estimates on possible costs, which has been tough to research given the size of our family. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Family vacation to Hawaii - where to start?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Asheville NC without a car
- 2 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 3 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 6 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 7 Myrtle Beach
- 8 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 9 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 10 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 11 Colorado in the summer!
- 12 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 15 Washington DC Metro
- 16 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 17 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 18 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 19 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 20 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 21 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 22 Travel West Coast
- 23 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 24 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 25 Wine Country Picnic