We're considering a family vacation to Hawaii in the next 12 months, but I don't even know where to start planning, so I'm hoping for some helpful advice to point us in the right direction.
Here's the vital stats:
Family of 6 (Wife and I, kids 17, 13, 12, 9). We'd like to spend 7-10 days.
things we're interested in:
seeing a volcano
a bit of history (especially Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial and the Missouri)
My oldest daughter is also studying Japanese, so anything regarding Japanese heritage in Hawaii would be fun, too.
At this point, I'm looking for places to stay, which type of accommodation (hotel, resort, vacation rental) and any other advice to point us in the right direction. I'm also looking for estimates on possible costs, which has been tough to research given the size of our family. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 Things Not to Miss in NYC?
- 2 OBTAIN OR BUY HIGH QUALITY NOVELTY PASSPORT, ID CARDS , DRIVERS
- 3 4 Days in LV
- 4 Las Vegas for a second timer
- 5 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 6 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 7 Help with parking at Staten Island ferry
- 8 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 9 Michigan advice needed
- 10 October in Colorado
- 11 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 12 Yosemite Valley showers
- 13 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 14 Yellowstone in the Winter
- 15 LegoLand Florida
- 16 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 17 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 18 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 19 Digital Camera Recommendation
- 20 louisiana bayou
- 21 SF Cable Cars
- 22 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 23 Mobile Suggestions
- 24 Napa winery tour that doesn't require walking? (Eldery person in our group)
- 25 One day in Dallas