We're considering a family vacation to Hawaii in the next 12 months, but I don't even know where to start planning, so I'm hoping for some helpful advice to point us in the right direction.
Here's the vital stats:
Family of 6 (Wife and I, kids 17, 13, 12, 9). We'd like to spend 7-10 days.
things we're interested in:
seeing a volcano
a bit of history (especially Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial and the Missouri)
My oldest daughter is also studying Japanese, so anything regarding Japanese heritage in Hawaii would be fun, too.
At this point, I'm looking for places to stay, which type of accommodation (hotel, resort, vacation rental) and any other advice to point us in the right direction. I'm also looking for estimates on possible costs, which has been tough to research given the size of our family. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Family vacation to Hawaii - where to start?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 2 Washington DC in Spring?
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 5 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 6 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 7 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 8 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 9 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 10 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 11 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 12 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 13 Weekend in NYC
- 14 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 15 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 16 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 17 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 18 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 19 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 20 Breckenridge in October
- 21 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 22 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 23 Richmond highlights?
- 24 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 25 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness