We're considering a family vacation to Hawaii in the next 12 months, but I don't even know where to start planning, so I'm hoping for some helpful advice to point us in the right direction.
Here's the vital stats:
Family of 6 (Wife and I, kids 17, 13, 12, 9). We'd like to spend 7-10 days.
things we're interested in:
seeing a volcano
a bit of history (especially Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial and the Missouri)
My oldest daughter is also studying Japanese, so anything regarding Japanese heritage in Hawaii would be fun, too.
At this point, I'm looking for places to stay, which type of accommodation (hotel, resort, vacation rental) and any other advice to point us in the right direction. I'm also looking for estimates on possible costs, which has been tough to research given the size of our family. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Killington Ski Hotel??
- 2 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 3 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 4 Grand Canyon
- 5 White Christmas
- 6 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 7 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 8 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 9 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 10 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 11 San Francisco and Napa
- 12 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 13 Midway point
- 14 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 15 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 16 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 17 New York City
- 18 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 19 Relocating to the Deep South
- 20 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 21 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 22 Arlington funeral plans
- 23 destin resorts
- 24 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 25 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys