We're considering a family vacation to Hawaii in the next 12 months, but I don't even know where to start planning, so I'm hoping for some helpful advice to point us in the right direction.
Here's the vital stats:
Family of 6 (Wife and I, kids 17, 13, 12, 9). We'd like to spend 7-10 days.
things we're interested in:
seeing a volcano
a bit of history (especially Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial and the Missouri)
My oldest daughter is also studying Japanese, so anything regarding Japanese heritage in Hawaii would be fun, too.
At this point, I'm looking for places to stay, which type of accommodation (hotel, resort, vacation rental) and any other advice to point us in the right direction. I'm also looking for estimates on possible costs, which has been tough to research given the size of our family. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Niagara Falls.
- 2 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 3 road trip during husbands bday
- 4 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 5 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 6 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 7 1st trip to Colorado
- 8 Juneau cruise stop
- 9 Trip Starting from New York
- 10 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 11 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 12 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 13 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 14 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 15 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 16 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 17 cruising the Mississippi river
- 18 Your favourite places in New York City
- 19 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 20 New England Canada Road Trip
- 21 Travel between Orlando and Boston.
- 22 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 23 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 24 Napa Valley Hotel
- 25 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC