We're considering a family vacation to Hawaii in the next 12 months, but I don't even know where to start planning, so I'm hoping for some helpful advice to point us in the right direction.
Here's the vital stats:
Family of 6 (Wife and I, kids 17, 13, 12, 9). We'd like to spend 7-10 days.
things we're interested in:
seeing a volcano
a bit of history (especially Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial and the Missouri)
My oldest daughter is also studying Japanese, so anything regarding Japanese heritage in Hawaii would be fun, too.
At this point, I'm looking for places to stay, which type of accommodation (hotel, resort, vacation rental) and any other advice to point us in the right direction. I'm also looking for estimates on possible costs, which has been tough to research given the size of our family. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Currency and hotels
- 2 The Walking Dead Season 7 Episode 1
- 3 Vegas with toddler twins
- 4 Las Vegas Vacation
- 5 OHare car service north suburbs
- 6 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 7 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 8 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 9 disneyland
- 10 Arizona in winter
- 11 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 12 Paris-Room Selection Advice Needed ASAP for last minute trip. TIA.
- 13 Key West
- 14 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 15 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 16 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 17 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 18 moving to Florida
- 19 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 20 DC restaurant report
- 21 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 22 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 23 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 24 Northern California Redwoods
- 25 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?