We're considering a family vacation to Hawaii in the next 12 months, but I don't even know where to start planning, so I'm hoping for some helpful advice to point us in the right direction.
Here's the vital stats:
Family of 6 (Wife and I, kids 17, 13, 12, 9). We'd like to spend 7-10 days.
things we're interested in:
seeing a volcano
a bit of history (especially Pearl Harbor, the Arizona Memorial and the Missouri)
My oldest daughter is also studying Japanese, so anything regarding Japanese heritage in Hawaii would be fun, too.
At this point, I'm looking for places to stay, which type of accommodation (hotel, resort, vacation rental) and any other advice to point us in the right direction. I'm also looking for estimates on possible costs, which has been tough to research given the size of our family. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 2 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 3 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 4 Pt Everglades to fll
- 5 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 6 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 7 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 8 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 9 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 10 Change planes in Atlanta
- 11 Advice for RV Touring with Baby.
- 12 a short trip to san francisco
- 13 I95
- 14 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 15 Uber boston
- 16 Please help me add SNP to my road trip!
- 17 Help me plan 1 week in Miami South Beach
- 18 Labor Day in Key West...Literally
- 19 Golden Triangle Trip LA>LV>SF>LA 03.30-04.14
- 20 From Atlanta to Nashville with 2 days in between- what to Do?
- 21 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 22 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 23 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 24 CHRISTMAS WEEK: NEW YORK STYLE
- 25 Wine Country