We're a family from Singapore with our 2 boys - 16 & 19yo, and have decided to do a family vacation on East Coast/US, starting from Washington DC from 7Dec to 16Dec, when we fly back from New York/JFK.
Clearly DC itself has so many options, I'ld appreciate any guidance on what we should cover/prioritise - where I've also thus far, secured tours into Capitol Hill and White House.
I'm comfortable to drive in US and keen to explore US/East Coast down south from DC, as we've done Boston to New York on a previous trip.
Its unfortutnate we'll be late for the fall colours BUT welcome advice, if it would still be interesting to go down toward Smokey Mountains ...etc.
Was also thinking to go down south all the way to Atlanta, on one route, before turning around on another, and making my way back to NY/JFK.
Would truly appreciate all ideas for stops along the broad route outline above as well as recommendations for moderately priced accomodations, along the same.
Thks & rgds,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 2 Theatre, music outside on a summer night in NYC?
- 3 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 4 Depot Bay OR
- 5 Last minute trip to Boston w/ kids and car
- 6 Glacier National Park in September
- 7 World's Longest Yard Sale - don't go!
- 8 Rocky Mountaineer added to Cruise
- 9 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 10 trip to Charlettesville VA
- 11 Suggestion on agenda for SF to Seattle
- 12 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 13 New Software
- 14 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 15 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 16 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 17 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 18 Rough (very) initial USA itinerary
- 19 Helpp JKF to lyndhurst NJ
- 20 Want to relocate out of Houston and maybe Texas. To NC or TN
- 21 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 22 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 23 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 24 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 25 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view