We're a family from Singapore with our 2 boys - 16 & 19yo, and have decided to do a family vacation on East Coast/US, starting from Washington DC from 7Dec to 16Dec, when we fly back from New York/JFK.
Clearly DC itself has so many options, I'ld appreciate any guidance on what we should cover/prioritise - where I've also thus far, secured tours into Capitol Hill and White House.
I'm comfortable to drive in US and keen to explore US/East Coast down south from DC, as we've done Boston to New York on a previous trip.
Its unfortutnate we'll be late for the fall colours BUT welcome advice, if it would still be interesting to go down toward Smokey Mountains ...etc.
Was also thinking to go down south all the way to Atlanta, on one route, before turning around on another, and making my way back to NY/JFK.
Would truly appreciate all ideas for stops along the broad route outline above as well as recommendations for moderately priced accomodations, along the same.
Thks & rgds,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 2 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 3 New England Winter get away with older kids
- 4 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 5 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 6 Bed and Breakfast
- 7 Route from South Rim Grand Canyon to Moab?
- 8 Weekend Getaway with Sights and Horsebackriding Help!!
- 9 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 10 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 11 Lake Tahoe Honeymoon
- 12 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 13 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 14 Looking for a Bed and breakfast
- 15 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 16 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 17 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 18 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 19 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 20 OHare car service north suburbs
- 21 Yellowstone
- 22 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 23 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 24 Ah, The California Wine Country!
- 25 DCArea GTG April 2017