We're a family from Singapore with our 2 boys - 16 & 19yo, and have decided to do a family vacation on East Coast/US, starting from Washington DC from 7Dec to 16Dec, when we fly back from New York/JFK.
Clearly DC itself has so many options, I'ld appreciate any guidance on what we should cover/prioritise - where I've also thus far, secured tours into Capitol Hill and White House.
I'm comfortable to drive in US and keen to explore US/East Coast down south from DC, as we've done Boston to New York on a previous trip.
Its unfortutnate we'll be late for the fall colours BUT welcome advice, if it would still be interesting to go down toward Smokey Mountains ...etc.
Was also thinking to go down south all the way to Atlanta, on one route, before turning around on another, and making my way back to NY/JFK.
Would truly appreciate all ideas for stops along the broad route outline above as well as recommendations for moderately priced accomodations, along the same.
Thks & rgds,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 2 Later Winter around Mobile
- 3 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 4 Uber boston
- 5 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 6 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 7 Florida keys trip
- 8 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 9 First Time to Maine - Itinerary Help!
- 10 New orleans recs for family
- 11 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 12 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 13 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 14 Florida beach vacation
- 15 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 16 Hawaii Help
- 17 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 18 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 19 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 20 HAWAII; HELP!
- 21 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 22 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 23 Coffee in Boston?
- 24 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 25 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119141330