We're a family from Singapore with our 2 boys - 16 & 19yo, and have decided to do a family vacation on East Coast/US, starting from Washington DC from 7Dec to 16Dec, when we fly back from New York/JFK.
Clearly DC itself has so many options, I'ld appreciate any guidance on what we should cover/prioritise - where I've also thus far, secured tours into Capitol Hill and White House.
I'm comfortable to drive in US and keen to explore US/East Coast down south from DC, as we've done Boston to New York on a previous trip.
Its unfortutnate we'll be late for the fall colours BUT welcome advice, if it would still be interesting to go down toward Smokey Mountains ...etc.
Was also thinking to go down south all the way to Atlanta, on one route, before turning around on another, and making my way back to NY/JFK.
Would truly appreciate all ideas for stops along the broad route outline above as well as recommendations for moderately priced accomodations, along the same.
Thks & rgds,
Family Vacation Ideas - East Coast US - 7-16Dec'11
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 2 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 3 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 4 From Seattle airport to the city
- 5 Middle America in October
- 6 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 7 New York City Christmas Trip
- 8 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 9 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 10 visit to HIghLine
- 11 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 12 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 15 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 16 Colorado Skiing
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 19 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 20 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 21 Help with the Itinerary - February 2015
- 22 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 23 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 24 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 25 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando