We're a family from Singapore with our 2 boys - 16 & 19yo, and have decided to do a family vacation on East Coast/US, starting from Washington DC from 7Dec to 16Dec, when we fly back from New York/JFK.
Clearly DC itself has so many options, I'ld appreciate any guidance on what we should cover/prioritise - where I've also thus far, secured tours into Capitol Hill and White House.
I'm comfortable to drive in US and keen to explore US/East Coast down south from DC, as we've done Boston to New York on a previous trip.
Its unfortutnate we'll be late for the fall colours BUT welcome advice, if it would still be interesting to go down toward Smokey Mountains ...etc.
Was also thinking to go down south all the way to Atlanta, on one route, before turning around on another, and making my way back to NY/JFK.
Would truly appreciate all ideas for stops along the broad route outline above as well as recommendations for moderately priced accomodations, along the same.
Thks & rgds,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska- itinerary and general questions
- 2 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 3 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 4 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 5 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 6 Returned from Sedona
- 7 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 8 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 9 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 10 Seattle to Oakland, CA in three days?
- 11 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 12 Centra Coast Wildlife
- 13 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 14 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 15 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 16 Western U.S. Road trip
- 17 Looking For Specific Accommodation Recommendations
- 18 Martha's Vineyard area
- 19 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 20 Awesome Things to do in Door County in the Summer
- 21 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 22 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 23 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 24 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 25 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park