We're a family from Singapore with our 2 boys - 16 & 19yo, and have decided to do a family vacation on East Coast/US, starting from Washington DC from 7Dec to 16Dec, when we fly back from New York/JFK.
Clearly DC itself has so many options, I'ld appreciate any guidance on what we should cover/prioritise - where I've also thus far, secured tours into Capitol Hill and White House.
I'm comfortable to drive in US and keen to explore US/East Coast down south from DC, as we've done Boston to New York on a previous trip.
Its unfortutnate we'll be late for the fall colours BUT welcome advice, if it would still be interesting to go down toward Smokey Mountains ...etc.
Was also thinking to go down south all the way to Atlanta, on one route, before turning around on another, and making my way back to NY/JFK.
Would truly appreciate all ideas for stops along the broad route outline above as well as recommendations for moderately priced accomodations, along the same.
Thks & rgds,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fodor's Survey
- 2 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 3 3 day road trip from Las Vegas -Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion
- 4 TIPS - Pacific Coast Highway
- 5 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 6 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 7 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 8 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 9 Northern California Redwoods
- 10 Seaside, California
- 11 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 12 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 13 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 14 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 15 Denali
- 16 JFK Terminal 8
- 17 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 18 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 19 Maine in May?
- 20 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 21 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 22 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 23 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 24 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 25 California relaxing vacation ideas