We're a family from Singapore with our 2 boys - 16 & 19yo, and have decided to do a family vacation on East Coast/US, starting from Washington DC from 7Dec to 16Dec, when we fly back from New York/JFK.
Clearly DC itself has so many options, I'ld appreciate any guidance on what we should cover/prioritise - where I've also thus far, secured tours into Capitol Hill and White House.
I'm comfortable to drive in US and keen to explore US/East Coast down south from DC, as we've done Boston to New York on a previous trip.
Its unfortutnate we'll be late for the fall colours BUT welcome advice, if it would still be interesting to go down toward Smokey Mountains ...etc.
Was also thinking to go down south all the way to Atlanta, on one route, before turning around on another, and making my way back to NY/JFK.
Would truly appreciate all ideas for stops along the broad route outline above as well as recommendations for moderately priced accomodations, along the same.
Thks & rgds,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 7 days in Colorado with Family
- 2 If you could have one meal in Vegas, what would it be?
- 3 Day Trip Reports? May/June
- 4 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 5 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 6 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 7 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 8 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 9 Visiting NYC - stay in Herlem or Jersey City?
- 10 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 11 A quick trip to New Orleans - Dec 2010
- 12 large suitcase as carry-on on amtrak train
- 13 First Trip to New Orleans
- 14 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 15 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 16 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 17 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 18 How to break up trip between San Francisco and Laguna Niguel
- 19 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 20 Michigan advice needed
- 21 Nova Star
- 22 One day in Dallas
- 23 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 24 Quick trip intp Manhattan from JFK
- 25 Yellowstone in the Winter