We're a family from Singapore with our 2 boys - 16 & 19yo, and have decided to do a family vacation on East Coast/US, starting from Washington DC from 7Dec to 16Dec, when we fly back from New York/JFK.
Clearly DC itself has so many options, I'ld appreciate any guidance on what we should cover/prioritise - where I've also thus far, secured tours into Capitol Hill and White House.
I'm comfortable to drive in US and keen to explore US/East Coast down south from DC, as we've done Boston to New York on a previous trip.
Its unfortutnate we'll be late for the fall colours BUT welcome advice, if it would still be interesting to go down toward Smokey Mountains ...etc.
Was also thinking to go down south all the way to Atlanta, on one route, before turning around on another, and making my way back to NY/JFK.
Would truly appreciate all ideas for stops along the broad route outline above as well as recommendations for moderately priced accomodations, along the same.
Thks & rgds,
Family Vacation Ideas - East Coast US - 7-16Dec'11
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 American Honeymoon in March
- 2 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 3 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 4 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 5 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 6 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 7 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 8 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 9 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 10 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 11 Colorado Skiing
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 14 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 15 san fran sightseeing
- 16 Boston in winter?
- 17 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 18 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 19 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 20 charlotte
- 21 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 22 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 23 New York City in April
- 24 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 25 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by