We're a family from Singapore with our 2 boys - 16 & 19yo, and have decided to do a family vacation on East Coast/US, starting from Washington DC from 7Dec to 16Dec, when we fly back from New York/JFK.
Clearly DC itself has so many options, I'ld appreciate any guidance on what we should cover/prioritise - where I've also thus far, secured tours into Capitol Hill and White House.
I'm comfortable to drive in US and keen to explore US/East Coast down south from DC, as we've done Boston to New York on a previous trip.
Its unfortutnate we'll be late for the fall colours BUT welcome advice, if it would still be interesting to go down toward Smokey Mountains ...etc.
Was also thinking to go down south all the way to Atlanta, on one route, before turning around on another, and making my way back to NY/JFK.
Would truly appreciate all ideas for stops along the broad route outline above as well as recommendations for moderately priced accomodations, along the same.
Thks & rgds,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 2 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 3 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 4 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 5 Advice on tipping
- 6 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 7 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 8 Hilton Head restaurants
- 9 September Road Trip in New England
- 10 Road trip October
- 11 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 12 Amish
- 13 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 14 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??
- 15 United Nations tours
- 16 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 17 national/state park in November
- 18 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 19 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 Cayo Costa State Park
- 22 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 23 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 24 Cross Country NH to WA
- 25 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass