We're a family from Singapore with our 2 boys - 16 & 19yo, and have decided to do a family vacation on East Coast/US, starting from Washington DC from 7Dec to 16Dec, when we fly back from New York/JFK.
Clearly DC itself has so many options, I'ld appreciate any guidance on what we should cover/prioritise - where I've also thus far, secured tours into Capitol Hill and White House.
I'm comfortable to drive in US and keen to explore US/East Coast down south from DC, as we've done Boston to New York on a previous trip.
Its unfortutnate we'll be late for the fall colours BUT welcome advice, if it would still be interesting to go down toward Smokey Mountains ...etc.
Was also thinking to go down south all the way to Atlanta, on one route, before turning around on another, and making my way back to NY/JFK.
Would truly appreciate all ideas for stops along the broad route outline above as well as recommendations for moderately priced accomodations, along the same.
Thks & rgds,
Family Vacation Ideas - East Coast US - 7-16Dec'11
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 2 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 3 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 4 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 5 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 6 Minneapolis Parking
- 7 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 8 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 9 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 10 Romantic destination in the US
- 11 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 12 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 13 Things to do in La Jolla
- 14 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 15 family road trip
- 16 Alaska Trip Planning
- 17 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 18 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 19 Kid School Admission
- 20 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 21 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 22 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 23 New York City-New Things?
- 24 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 25 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA