We're a family from Singapore with our 2 boys - 16 & 19yo, and have decided to do a family vacation on East Coast/US, starting from Washington DC from 7Dec to 16Dec, when we fly back from New York/JFK.
Clearly DC itself has so many options, I'ld appreciate any guidance on what we should cover/prioritise - where I've also thus far, secured tours into Capitol Hill and White House.
I'm comfortable to drive in US and keen to explore US/East Coast down south from DC, as we've done Boston to New York on a previous trip.
Its unfortutnate we'll be late for the fall colours BUT welcome advice, if it would still be interesting to go down toward Smokey Mountains ...etc.
Was also thinking to go down south all the way to Atlanta, on one route, before turning around on another, and making my way back to NY/JFK.
Would truly appreciate all ideas for stops along the broad route outline above as well as recommendations for moderately priced accomodations, along the same.
Thks & rgds,
Family Vacation Ideas - East Coast US - 7-16Dec'11
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charlotte restaurant help
- 2 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 3 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 4 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 5 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 6 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 7 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 8 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 9 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 12 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 13 culpepper
- 14 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 15 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 16 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 17 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 18 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 19 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 20 2 weeks in Alaska
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 23 Yosemite Fire
- 24 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 25 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation