We're a family from Singapore with our 2 boys - 16 & 19yo, and have decided to do a family vacation on East Coast/US, starting from Washington DC from 7Dec to 16Dec, when we fly back from New York/JFK.
Clearly DC itself has so many options, I'ld appreciate any guidance on what we should cover/prioritise - where I've also thus far, secured tours into Capitol Hill and White House.
I'm comfortable to drive in US and keen to explore US/East Coast down south from DC, as we've done Boston to New York on a previous trip.
Its unfortutnate we'll be late for the fall colours BUT welcome advice, if it would still be interesting to go down toward Smokey Mountains ...etc.
Was also thinking to go down south all the way to Atlanta, on one route, before turning around on another, and making my way back to NY/JFK.
Would truly appreciate all ideas for stops along the broad route outline above as well as recommendations for moderately priced accomodations, along the same.
Thks & rgds,
Family Vacation Ideas - East Coast US - 7-16Dec'11
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 2 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 3 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 4 Getaway
- 5 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 6 Yosemite Lodging
- 7 Temecula Winery Tours
- 8 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 9 Fairbanks Alaska
- 10 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 11 Worst Restaurants in America
- 12 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 13 What's new on Maui?
- 14 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 15 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 16 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 17 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 18 Broadway choices
- 19 Question About Sealodge
- 20 Colorado aspen updates
- 21 New England Skiing
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 24 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 25 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale