We're a family from Singapore with our 2 boys - 16 & 19yo, and have decided to do a family vacation on East Coast/US, starting from Washington DC from 7Dec to 16Dec, when we fly back from New York/JFK.
Clearly DC itself has so many options, I'ld appreciate any guidance on what we should cover/prioritise - where I've also thus far, secured tours into Capitol Hill and White House.
I'm comfortable to drive in US and keen to explore US/East Coast down south from DC, as we've done Boston to New York on a previous trip.
Its unfortutnate we'll be late for the fall colours BUT welcome advice, if it would still be interesting to go down toward Smokey Mountains ...etc.
Was also thinking to go down south all the way to Atlanta, on one route, before turning around on another, and making my way back to NY/JFK.
Would truly appreciate all ideas for stops along the broad route outline above as well as recommendations for moderately priced accomodations, along the same.
Thks & rgds,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maine weather and temps
- 2 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 3 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 4 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 5 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 6 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 7 Need help planning....
- 8 L.A. and Sequoia
- 9 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 10 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 11 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 12 Week motorcycle ride
- 13 Embassy Suites HOnolulu
- 14 Broadway
- 15 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 16 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 17 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 18 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 19 Not enough time, i guess..
- 20 Moving to New York City, Where can i find a good place?
- 21 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 22 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 23 Traveling across the US
- 24 Great Smoky Mountains National Park Trip Report
- 25 West Virginia -the 49th state!