I have use this forum as one of my resources in many occasions for my past travels in and out of the United States. Recently, I have been planning an early May trip to the places stated in the title, and I am having difficulty to make it perfect. The exact plan is to fly into Rapid City, SD on 5/5/2013, and we are going to rent a car and fly off from Jackson Hole on 5/12. So..I realize that is very little time to see so many places, but my parents only have so many days so I am trying to bring them to the 'best' places these places have to offer in such short time. Also, there are going to be 4 of us, my parents are both 50 and my sister and I are in our 20s. This is what I have planned for now...
5/5 - Get in at RAP at around noon. We will probably grab a quick lunch around Rapid City, go to the Journey Museum, and then head straight to Mt. Rushmore and do the presidential trail. Stay at Keystone.
5/6 - Drive through iron mountain rd, needles hwy, go to jewel cave for one of their tours, crazy horse. I am hoping to squeeze custer state park here, or maybe do the jeep tour and cookout they have to offer at one of their resorts. Stay at Keystone
5/7 - Drive to spearfish canyon, and hikek the devil's bathtub. Then drive to devil's tower to tour around for a bit. Finally hit straight to Cody, Wy. Stay at Cody.
5/8 - Go to Buffalo Bill first thing in the morning. And head to Yellowstone.
My problem starts here, because there are too many things to see at YNP and Grand Teton, I am not sure how to allocate them into 4 days. I might be able to squeeze in something on 5/12 depending on what time I book my flight out of Jackson Hole. Also, suggestions for lodges would be appreciated too. We are open to hiking, but maybe the short ones with some scenery at the end of the hike.
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions on Timing for Denali Shuttle Tour?
- 2 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 3 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 4 Yosemite conditions next 5 days - too smoky?
- 5 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
- 6 Newport RI Jazz Festival
- 7 Alcatrez sold out
- 8 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 9 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 10 WA to CT
- 11 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 12 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 13 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 14 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 15 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 16 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 17 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 18 Maine weather and temps
- 19 L.A. and Sequoia
- 20 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 21 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 22 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 23 Broadway
- 24 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 25 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....