I have use this forum as one of my resources in many occasions for my past travels in and out of the United States. Recently, I have been planning an early May trip to the places stated in the title, and I am having difficulty to make it perfect. The exact plan is to fly into Rapid City, SD on 5/5/2013, and we are going to rent a car and fly off from Jackson Hole on 5/12. So..I realize that is very little time to see so many places, but my parents only have so many days so I am trying to bring them to the 'best' places these places have to offer in such short time. Also, there are going to be 4 of us, my parents are both 50 and my sister and I are in our 20s. This is what I have planned for now...
5/5 - Get in at RAP at around noon. We will probably grab a quick lunch around Rapid City, go to the Journey Museum, and then head straight to Mt. Rushmore and do the presidential trail. Stay at Keystone.
5/6 - Drive through iron mountain rd, needles hwy, go to jewel cave for one of their tours, crazy horse. I am hoping to squeeze custer state park here, or maybe do the jeep tour and cookout they have to offer at one of their resorts. Stay at Keystone
5/7 - Drive to spearfish canyon, and hikek the devil's bathtub. Then drive to devil's tower to tour around for a bit. Finally hit straight to Cody, Wy. Stay at Cody.
5/8 - Go to Buffalo Bill first thing in the morning. And head to Yellowstone.
My problem starts here, because there are too many things to see at YNP and Grand Teton, I am not sure how to allocate them into 4 days. I might be able to squeeze in something on 5/12 depending on what time I book my flight out of Jackson Hole. Also, suggestions for lodges would be appreciated too. We are open to hiking, but maybe the short ones with some scenery at the end of the hike.
Thank you all in advance!
Family Trip of 4 to Mt. Rushmore/Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 5 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 8 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 9 From Seattle airport to the city
- 10 General Utah planning questions
- 11 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 15 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 16 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 New York City Christmas Trip
- 19 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 20 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 21 Colorado Skiing
- 22 American Honeymoon in March
- 23 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area