I have use this forum as one of my resources in many occasions for my past travels in and out of the United States. Recently, I have been planning an early May trip to the places stated in the title, and I am having difficulty to make it perfect. The exact plan is to fly into Rapid City, SD on 5/5/2013, and we are going to rent a car and fly off from Jackson Hole on 5/12. So..I realize that is very little time to see so many places, but my parents only have so many days so I am trying to bring them to the 'best' places these places have to offer in such short time. Also, there are going to be 4 of us, my parents are both 50 and my sister and I are in our 20s. This is what I have planned for now...
5/5 - Get in at RAP at around noon. We will probably grab a quick lunch around Rapid City, go to the Journey Museum, and then head straight to Mt. Rushmore and do the presidential trail. Stay at Keystone.
5/6 - Drive through iron mountain rd, needles hwy, go to jewel cave for one of their tours, crazy horse. I am hoping to squeeze custer state park here, or maybe do the jeep tour and cookout they have to offer at one of their resorts. Stay at Keystone
5/7 - Drive to spearfish canyon, and hikek the devil's bathtub. Then drive to devil's tower to tour around for a bit. Finally hit straight to Cody, Wy. Stay at Cody.
5/8 - Go to Buffalo Bill first thing in the morning. And head to Yellowstone.
My problem starts here, because there are too many things to see at YNP and Grand Teton, I am not sure how to allocate them into 4 days. I might be able to squeeze in something on 5/12 depending on what time I book my flight out of Jackson Hole. Also, suggestions for lodges would be appreciated too. We are open to hiking, but maybe the short ones with some scenery at the end of the hike.
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 more info: https://mylaviveeyeserum.com/fxm-male-enhancement/
- 2 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 3 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 4 Glacier National Park 2018
- 5 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 6 Muir Woods in October
- 7 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 8 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 9 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 10 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 11 San Diego VRBO area
- 12 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 13 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 14 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 15 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 16 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 17 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 18 Colorado Shows Off
- 19 New England Tour
- 20 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 21 help me plan a Cali trip
- 22 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 23 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 24 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 25 Wilmington DE questions