We're a family of 6: Two adults and 4 young children, ages 9, 6, 3, and a newborn.
We're planning on a 10-day trip at the end of June (i.e., less than 2 months from now).
We live near NYC and are looking for a destination that is:
* Affordable to fly to ($200 of less per ticket from NYC/Philly area);
* Does not require lots of driving while there (the kids are not big fans of on-the-road trips);
* Interesting to all of us.
I know that this description is kinda general, but it hadn't led us yet to any particular ideas besides Florida (and I'm not saying Florida is a bad idea, I'm just trying to explore some more; anyhow, we're not into that Disney-and-other-parks kind of a trip).
In recent years we already went to New Orleans, LA; Washington, DC; and most of New England.
Any ideas would be much appreciated,
Family Looking for Destination
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 2 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 3 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 4 US Southwest
- 5 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 6 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 7 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 8 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 9 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 10 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 11 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 12 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 13 Seattle Visit April
- 14 Grand Teton in October
- 15 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 16 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 17 Morning in miami
- 18 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 19 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 20 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 21 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 22 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 23 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 24 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 25 Is Stars Deli still there, 53rd and Lex?