We're a family of 6: Two adults and 4 young children, ages 9, 6, 3, and a newborn.
We're planning on a 10-day trip at the end of June (i.e., less than 2 months from now).
We live near NYC and are looking for a destination that is:
* Affordable to fly to ($200 of less per ticket from NYC/Philly area);
* Does not require lots of driving while there (the kids are not big fans of on-the-road trips);
* Interesting to all of us.
I know that this description is kinda general, but it hadn't led us yet to any particular ideas besides Florida (and I'm not saying Florida is a bad idea, I'm just trying to explore some more; anyhow, we're not into that Disney-and-other-parks kind of a trip).
In recent years we already went to New Orleans, LA; Washington, DC; and most of New England.
Any ideas would be much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 2 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 3 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 4 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 5 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 6 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 7 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 8 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 9 Arlington funeral plans
- 10 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 11 destin resorts
- 12 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 13 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 14 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 15 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 16 Relocating to the Deep South
- 17 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 18 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 19 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 20 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 21 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 22 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 23 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 24 Airfares in the 1970's
- 25 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride