We're a family of 6: Two adults and 4 young children, ages 9, 6, 3, and a newborn.
We're planning on a 10-day trip at the end of June (i.e., less than 2 months from now).
We live near NYC and are looking for a destination that is:
* Affordable to fly to ($200 of less per ticket from NYC/Philly area);
* Does not require lots of driving while there (the kids are not big fans of on-the-road trips);
* Interesting to all of us.
I know that this description is kinda general, but it hadn't led us yet to any particular ideas besides Florida (and I'm not saying Florida is a bad idea, I'm just trying to explore some more; anyhow, we're not into that Disney-and-other-parks kind of a trip).
In recent years we already went to New Orleans, LA; Washington, DC; and most of New England.
Any ideas would be much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 2 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 3 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 4 5 days in Colorado
- 5 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 6 First Trip to Texas -
- 7 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 8 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 9 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 10 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 11 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 12 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 13 Reading re the Northern Parks?
- 14 New Hampshire
- 15 Things to do in Bakersfield
- 16 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 17 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 18 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 19 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 20 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 21 Beaches in Florida
- 22 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 23 Nashville Questions
- 24 Best stay, park & fly hotel near Boston Logan airport?
- 25 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?