We're a family of 6: Two adults and 4 young children, ages 9, 6, 3, and a newborn.
We're planning on a 10-day trip at the end of June (i.e., less than 2 months from now).
We live near NYC and are looking for a destination that is:
* Affordable to fly to ($200 of less per ticket from NYC/Philly area);
* Does not require lots of driving while there (the kids are not big fans of on-the-road trips);
* Interesting to all of us.
I know that this description is kinda general, but it hadn't led us yet to any particular ideas besides Florida (and I'm not saying Florida is a bad idea, I'm just trying to explore some more; anyhow, we're not into that Disney-and-other-parks kind of a trip).
In recent years we already went to New Orleans, LA; Washington, DC; and most of New England.
Any ideas would be much appreciated,
Family Looking for Destination
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 2 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 3 Hotel near Miami airport
- 4 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 5 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 6 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 7 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 8 Road Trip SW
- 9 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 10 Chicago trip
- 11 NYC IN AUGUST
- 12 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 13 culpepper
- 14 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 15 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 16 Fancy dining
- 17 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 18 Will have five days in Savannah
- 19 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 20 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 21 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 22 Itinerary opinions
- 23 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 24 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 25 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip