We're a family of 6: Two adults and 4 young children, ages 9, 6, 3, and a newborn.
We're planning on a 10-day trip at the end of June (i.e., less than 2 months from now).
We live near NYC and are looking for a destination that is:
* Affordable to fly to ($200 of less per ticket from NYC/Philly area);
* Does not require lots of driving while there (the kids are not big fans of on-the-road trips);
* Interesting to all of us.
I know that this description is kinda general, but it hadn't led us yet to any particular ideas besides Florida (and I'm not saying Florida is a bad idea, I'm just trying to explore some more; anyhow, we're not into that Disney-and-other-parks kind of a trip).
In recent years we already went to New Orleans, LA; Washington, DC; and most of New England.
Any ideas would be much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Highway 1 motels
- 2 11 days SE coast road trip
- 3 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 4 Seattle - newby questions
- 5 Do you travel with your US passport if just traveling in the US?
- 6 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 7 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 8 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 9 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 10 Mackinac or Holland?
- 11 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 12 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 13 Best beach to try surfing around Monterey/Santa Cruz?
- 14 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 15 Photographers Need Maine Driving Itinerary from Fairfield County, CT
- 16 Telluride Parking - Cheaper Options
- 17 Places to stay in TX...?
- 18 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 19 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 20 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 21 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 22 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 23 8wks Exploring Canada, Alaska & the Northwestern States
- 24 Your Golden Gate Park favorites
- 25 Where are the orcas near Seattle?