We're a family of 6: Two adults and 4 young children, ages 9, 6, 3, and a newborn.
We're planning on a 10-day trip at the end of June (i.e., less than 2 months from now).
We live near NYC and are looking for a destination that is:
* Affordable to fly to ($200 of less per ticket from NYC/Philly area);
* Does not require lots of driving while there (the kids are not big fans of on-the-road trips);
* Interesting to all of us.
I know that this description is kinda general, but it hadn't led us yet to any particular ideas besides Florida (and I'm not saying Florida is a bad idea, I'm just trying to explore some more; anyhow, we're not into that Disney-and-other-parks kind of a trip).
In recent years we already went to New Orleans, LA; Washington, DC; and most of New England.
Any ideas would be much appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trinity Site, NM
- 2 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 3 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 4 Hotel in Reno
- 5 North Carolina airports
- 6 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 7 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 8 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 9 Santa Fe Itineray
- 10 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 11 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 12 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 13 Boston to Naples florida
- 14 Retiring to Tucson
- 15 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 16 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 17 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 18 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 19 best health clubs with lap pools
- 20 10 days vacation in California
- 21 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 22 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 23 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 24 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 25 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?