Hi--we are a family of 4 with kids 9 and 10 and are thinking of doing a 2 week trip in Virginia for 2 weeks in August. We would be renting a place on chincoteague island for the 2nd week, in late august. we live in nyc and would be in search of an itinerary for the first week. We're interested in visiting colonial williamsburg/jamestown area for a couple of days but can't figure out what else makes sense as an itinerary for that first week that would hit some really fun places we and our kids would enjoy and that would not involve excessive driving. So I guess I have 2 questions--do we just head from colonial williamsburg to chincoteague via Norfolk or is there somewhere special stop on the way for a day or 2? And on the way to colonial williamsburg area from NYC what would be an itinerary that would be good--not DC as we have been there a couple times already. Viriginia is very confusing to me due to all the water ways and limitations on direct travel!
Family Itinerary NYC to Colonial Willamsburg
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 2 NYC theatre broadway
- 3 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 4 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 5 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 6 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 11 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 12 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 13 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 14 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 15 Visiting Denver
- 16 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 17 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 18 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Door County Suggestions
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 23 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 24 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 25 boston to nantucket: what are our options?