Hi--we are a family of 4 with kids 9 and 10 and are thinking of doing a 2 week trip in Virginia for 2 weeks in August. We would be renting a place on chincoteague island for the 2nd week, in late august. we live in nyc and would be in search of an itinerary for the first week. We're interested in visiting colonial williamsburg/jamestown area for a couple of days but can't figure out what else makes sense as an itinerary for that first week that would hit some really fun places we and our kids would enjoy and that would not involve excessive driving. So I guess I have 2 questions--do we just head from colonial williamsburg to chincoteague via Norfolk or is there somewhere special stop on the way for a day or 2? And on the way to colonial williamsburg area from NYC what would be an itinerary that would be good--not DC as we have been there a couple times already. Viriginia is very confusing to me due to all the water ways and limitations on direct travel!
Family Itinerary NYC to Colonial Willamsburg
View all United States activity »
- 1 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 2 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 3 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 4 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 5 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 6 San Antonio
- 7 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Hotel near Public Theater
- 10 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 11 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 12 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 13 Oahu Information
- 14 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 15 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 16 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 17 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 18 Savanah Sojourn
- 19 One day in Washington DC
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 22 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 23 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 24 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 25 RIP Judy Rogers