Hi--we are a family of 4 with kids 9 and 10 and are thinking of doing a 2 week trip in Virginia for 2 weeks in August. We would be renting a place on chincoteague island for the 2nd week, in late august. we live in nyc and would be in search of an itinerary for the first week. We're interested in visiting colonial williamsburg/jamestown area for a couple of days but can't figure out what else makes sense as an itinerary for that first week that would hit some really fun places we and our kids would enjoy and that would not involve excessive driving. So I guess I have 2 questions--do we just head from colonial williamsburg to chincoteague via Norfolk or is there somewhere special stop on the way for a day or 2? And on the way to colonial williamsburg area from NYC what would be an itinerary that would be good--not DC as we have been there a couple times already. Viriginia is very confusing to me due to all the water ways and limitations on direct travel!
Family Itinerary NYC to Colonial Willamsburg
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 los angeles restaurants
- 2 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 3 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 4 Tipping advice
- 5 West Maui Restaurants
- 6 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 7 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 8 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 9 Key West Hotel in January
- 10 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 11 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 12 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 13 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 14 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 17 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 18 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 19 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 20 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 21 San Diego Little Italy
- 22 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 23 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 24 Healdsburg tips
- 25 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?