My husband and I are planning a Lake Tahoe trip with our 3 yr old son and 15 yr old stepdaughter this upcoming March. My step daughter lives out of state and really wants to go to Tahoe for her spring break. This would be our first family trip with our son and I've found a few nice homes around south shore close to Heavenly Ski Resort. Staying in a home seems more comfortable for our family. None of us have skiing experience and are just looking forward to enjoying the snow and making memories. In researching the cost of ski lessons and tickets for lifts, it all seems overwhelmingly expensive. The drive to Lake Tahoe is an 8 hour drive for which we were planning on staying four days. I was wondering what other activities/sightseeing there is to do in Lake Tahoe. My daughter insists that it would be fun just to get away. She was very excited about the home we are thinking of selecting to stay in which has a huge backyard right off of the lake, private pier, a bonfire pit, and is really beautiful throughout. My husband worries about the kids getting bored and my daughter and I think playing outside in the snow and enjoying the outdoors would be entertaining enough. Any thoughts, ideas or opinions? I suggested Yosemite but my daughter is set on Tahoe.
Family getaway to Lake Tahoe with a 3 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 2 Philadelphia ?
- 3 Tour of the Wester US
- 4 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 5 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 6 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 7 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 8 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
- 9 Predictions for peak leaf color in September?
- 10 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 11 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 12 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 13 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 14 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 15 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 16 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 17 Driving from coastal Maine to St. Gaudens Historical Site, Cornish NH
- 18 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 19 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 20 Hawaii
- 21 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 22 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 23 LV-Zion-Bryce-GC trip: itenerary help
- 24 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 25 Recommendations for Moderately Priced Dining in Moab?