My husband and I are planning a Lake Tahoe trip with our 3 yr old son and 15 yr old stepdaughter this upcoming March. My step daughter lives out of state and really wants to go to Tahoe for her spring break. This would be our first family trip with our son and I've found a few nice homes around south shore close to Heavenly Ski Resort. Staying in a home seems more comfortable for our family. None of us have skiing experience and are just looking forward to enjoying the snow and making memories. In researching the cost of ski lessons and tickets for lifts, it all seems overwhelmingly expensive. The drive to Lake Tahoe is an 8 hour drive for which we were planning on staying four days. I was wondering what other activities/sightseeing there is to do in Lake Tahoe. My daughter insists that it would be fun just to get away. She was very excited about the home we are thinking of selecting to stay in which has a huge backyard right off of the lake, private pier, a bonfire pit, and is really beautiful throughout. My husband worries about the kids getting bored and my daughter and I think playing outside in the snow and enjoying the outdoors would be entertaining enough. Any thoughts, ideas or opinions? I suggested Yosemite but my daughter is set on Tahoe.
Family getaway to Lake Tahoe with a 3 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego with Kids
- 2 Vegas hotels for families
- 3 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 4 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 5 Transportation help in Philly
- 6 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 7 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 8 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 9 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 10 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 11 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 12 Temecula< CA
- 13 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 14 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 15 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 16 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 17 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 18 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 19 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 20 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 21 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 22 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 23 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 24 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 25 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report