My husband and I are planning a Lake Tahoe trip with our 3 yr old son and 15 yr old stepdaughter this upcoming March. My step daughter lives out of state and really wants to go to Tahoe for her spring break. This would be our first family trip with our son and I've found a few nice homes around south shore close to Heavenly Ski Resort. Staying in a home seems more comfortable for our family. None of us have skiing experience and are just looking forward to enjoying the snow and making memories. In researching the cost of ski lessons and tickets for lifts, it all seems overwhelmingly expensive. The drive to Lake Tahoe is an 8 hour drive for which we were planning on staying four days. I was wondering what other activities/sightseeing there is to do in Lake Tahoe. My daughter insists that it would be fun just to get away. She was very excited about the home we are thinking of selecting to stay in which has a huge backyard right off of the lake, private pier, a bonfire pit, and is really beautiful throughout. My husband worries about the kids getting bored and my daughter and I think playing outside in the snow and enjoying the outdoors would be entertaining enough. Any thoughts, ideas or opinions? I suggested Yosemite but my daughter is set on Tahoe.
Family getaway to Lake Tahoe with a 3 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 2 Charlotte restaurant help
- 3 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 4 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 5 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 6 culpepper
- 7 Road Trip SW
- 8 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 9 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 10 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 11 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 12 2 weeks in Alaska
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 15 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 16 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 17 Yosemite Fire
- 18 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 19 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 20 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 21 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 22 Fancy dining
- 23 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 24 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 25 Where to stay on Kauai...does time of year really matter?