My husband and I are planning a Lake Tahoe trip with our 3 yr old son and 15 yr old stepdaughter this upcoming March. My step daughter lives out of state and really wants to go to Tahoe for her spring break. This would be our first family trip with our son and I've found a few nice homes around south shore close to Heavenly Ski Resort. Staying in a home seems more comfortable for our family. None of us have skiing experience and are just looking forward to enjoying the snow and making memories. In researching the cost of ski lessons and tickets for lifts, it all seems overwhelmingly expensive. The drive to Lake Tahoe is an 8 hour drive for which we were planning on staying four days. I was wondering what other activities/sightseeing there is to do in Lake Tahoe. My daughter insists that it would be fun just to get away. She was very excited about the home we are thinking of selecting to stay in which has a huge backyard right off of the lake, private pier, a bonfire pit, and is really beautiful throughout. My husband worries about the kids getting bored and my daughter and I think playing outside in the snow and enjoying the outdoors would be entertaining enough. Any thoughts, ideas or opinions? I suggested Yosemite but my daughter is set on Tahoe.
Family getaway to Lake Tahoe with a 3 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yellowstone in late Sept - early October
- 2 Dulles to DC at 2:00 a.m with kids - Taxi or Rental Car.
- 3 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 4 Hawaii: Is it warm right now? How about the water?
- 5 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 6 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 7 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 8 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 9 Seattle Visit April
- 10 Grand Teton in October
- 11 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 12 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 13 Morning in miami
- 14 Cumberland Island and Surrounding Area
- 15 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 16 Whidbey Island inns that allow kids
- 17 1 day in the Tampa/St Pete's area- what to do?
- 18 Best destination for east coast beach vacation in August?
- 19 Yet Another Yellowstone/Glacier/Grand Teton Trip Request For Help
- 20 Driving routes to Washington, D.C.
- 21 Is Stars Deli still there, 53rd and Lex?
- 22 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 23 Acadia National Park/New England States
- 24 Shenandoah National Park
- 25 Unique but reasonable restaurants in Las Vegas