My husband and I are planning a Lake Tahoe trip with our 3 yr old son and 15 yr old stepdaughter this upcoming March. My step daughter lives out of state and really wants to go to Tahoe for her spring break. This would be our first family trip with our son and I've found a few nice homes around south shore close to Heavenly Ski Resort. Staying in a home seems more comfortable for our family. None of us have skiing experience and are just looking forward to enjoying the snow and making memories. In researching the cost of ski lessons and tickets for lifts, it all seems overwhelmingly expensive. The drive to Lake Tahoe is an 8 hour drive for which we were planning on staying four days. I was wondering what other activities/sightseeing there is to do in Lake Tahoe. My daughter insists that it would be fun just to get away. She was very excited about the home we are thinking of selecting to stay in which has a huge backyard right off of the lake, private pier, a bonfire pit, and is really beautiful throughout. My husband worries about the kids getting bored and my daughter and I think playing outside in the snow and enjoying the outdoors would be entertaining enough. Any thoughts, ideas or opinions? I suggested Yosemite but my daughter is set on Tahoe.
Family getaway to Lake Tahoe with a 3 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 4 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 5 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 6 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 7 Weekend in NYC
- 8 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 11 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 12 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 13 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 14 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 15 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 16 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 17 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 18 Breckenridge in October
- 19 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 20 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC
- 21 Richmond highlights?
- 22 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 23 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 24 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 25 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach