My husband and I are planning a Lake Tahoe trip with our 3 yr old son and 15 yr old stepdaughter this upcoming March. My step daughter lives out of state and really wants to go to Tahoe for her spring break. This would be our first family trip with our son and I've found a few nice homes around south shore close to Heavenly Ski Resort. Staying in a home seems more comfortable for our family. None of us have skiing experience and are just looking forward to enjoying the snow and making memories. In researching the cost of ski lessons and tickets for lifts, it all seems overwhelmingly expensive. The drive to Lake Tahoe is an 8 hour drive for which we were planning on staying four days. I was wondering what other activities/sightseeing there is to do in Lake Tahoe. My daughter insists that it would be fun just to get away. She was very excited about the home we are thinking of selecting to stay in which has a huge backyard right off of the lake, private pier, a bonfire pit, and is really beautiful throughout. My husband worries about the kids getting bored and my daughter and I think playing outside in the snow and enjoying the outdoors would be entertaining enough. Any thoughts, ideas or opinions? I suggested Yosemite but my daughter is set on Tahoe.
Family getaway to Lake Tahoe with a 3 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 2 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 3 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 4 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 5 Be Vigilant, be safe and alert your community…
- 6 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 7 Texas
- 8 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 9 Hotels Philly
- 10 Cross Country RV Trip
- 11 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 12 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 13 Enjoy Orlando Vacation Homes without Breaking your Budget
- 14 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 15 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 16 Ackislander
- 17 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 18 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 19 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 20 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 21 Northern California in February
- 22 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015
- 23 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 24 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 25 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging