My husband and I are planning a Lake Tahoe trip with our 3 yr old son and 15 yr old stepdaughter this upcoming March. My step daughter lives out of state and really wants to go to Tahoe for her spring break. This would be our first family trip with our son and I've found a few nice homes around south shore close to Heavenly Ski Resort. Staying in a home seems more comfortable for our family. None of us have skiing experience and are just looking forward to enjoying the snow and making memories. In researching the cost of ski lessons and tickets for lifts, it all seems overwhelmingly expensive. The drive to Lake Tahoe is an 8 hour drive for which we were planning on staying four days. I was wondering what other activities/sightseeing there is to do in Lake Tahoe. My daughter insists that it would be fun just to get away. She was very excited about the home we are thinking of selecting to stay in which has a huge backyard right off of the lake, private pier, a bonfire pit, and is really beautiful throughout. My husband worries about the kids getting bored and my daughter and I think playing outside in the snow and enjoying the outdoors would be entertaining enough. Any thoughts, ideas or opinions? I suggested Yosemite but my daughter is set on Tahoe.
Family getaway to Lake Tahoe with a 3 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 2 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 3 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 4 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 5 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 6 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 7 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 8 DC - WW2 flyover
- 9 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 10 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 11 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 12 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 13 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 14 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 15 Alaska Trip Planning
- 16 New York City-New Things?
- 17 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 18 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 19 Rochester > Montreal > Quebec Road Trip
- 20 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 21 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 22 Romantic destination in the US
- 23 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 24 Kid School Admission
- 25 Mount Vernon?