I am trying to find a convenient location for a beach vacation that is convenient to both DC , where we live, and New York City, where our kids and grandkids live. Proximity for them is more important, preferably within a 1-2 hour drive. Looking for a location with a good beach, interesting shops and restaurants and rentals that can accommodate 10 people. The children are 4 years and 2 years old. I've never been to the Jersey shore, so I don't know where to start this search. Any help is appreciated.
Family friendly New Jersey Beaches
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 2 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 3 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 4 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 5 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 6 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 7 New York Yankee Station
- 8 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 9 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 10 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 11 Roads into Estes Park
- 12 Whale watching
- 13 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 14 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 15 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 16 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 17 Houston in September
- 18 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 19 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 20 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 21 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 22 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 23 Road Trip
- 24 New York City Restaurants
- 25 Best Sonoma Wineries for Group Visit