My wife and I are starting to plan a trip in the fall to New England, probably Massachusetts. We will probably go in late September or early October. We would like to spend about half our time in a coastal town, and the other half enjoying the fall colors in the interior. We enjoy staying in B&B's. We live in South Texas and would most likely fly into Boston. I would appreciate any travel tips. We are in our mid 50's and it will just be the two of us. We are physically fit and enjoy walking, shopping, eating, and sight-seeing. One specific question - if we fly into Boston, I assume we will need to rent a car to get to our ultimate destination. I was looking at Nantucket as a possibility. I understand that I don't need a car on the island. Rather than pay $60 or $70 per day for a rental car that is sitting at the port for 3 days, can rental cars be returned at the port, and re-rented when we are ready to leave? That could save us a couple of hundred dollars. Thanks!
Fall week in Massachusetts
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 2 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 3 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 4 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 5 Is the New York subway safe?
- 6 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 7 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 8 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 9 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 10 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 11 Where to from Tampa?
- 12 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 13 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 14 Skiing New Mexico
- 15 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 16 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 17 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 18 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 19 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 20 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 21 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 22 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 23 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 25 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida