We're considering a first trip to the East Coast; we would fly in & rent a car for 7-10 days. Although we are capable of driving it, we hate heavy traffic, as I'm sure everyone else does. We would enjoy seeing scenic ocean areas, old fishing towns, shop for small antiques, visit historical areas, indulge in good seafood (WE LOVE SEAFOOD!) What route or areas would you recommend to fly into/drive to/fly out? We may consider Salem,MA/Mystic,CN/Cape Cod - would we be able to see these in the time frame allotted? Any suggestions or sites would be most appreciated.
Fall trip/East Coast/Things to See
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining in D.C.
- 2 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 3 San Fransisco to LA
- 4 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 5 Jersey City Parking
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 9 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 13 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 14 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 15 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 16 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 17 Washington DC Metro
- 18 Kennebunkport and....?
- 19 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 20 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 21 Where to go in Maine?
- 22 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 23 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 24 Wedding in Hawaii
- 25 Houseboat on Lake Powell