thanks for reading this and any input you guys can give. We are looking at a last minute long weekend getaway for next Wed night-Sunday. I'm thinking we are going to do Newport for a couple days then up to boston. The other option was the cape cod area. We have never been to any of the three areas so don't have much to go on. We love strolling around with the baby, doing some shopping and of course looking for some good restaurants (that are baby friendly!) we typically will go to dinner very early so we don't bug folks out 7-8 for dinner.
Any thoughts on where to stay in newport that is baby friendly and easy to walk to/from the hotel to shopping and restaurants and the cliff walk?
Boston - location for staying maybe a couple can't miss things to do?
Cape cod/nantucket - are these areas still open or are they really just summer destinations? We would love to go here if the shopping areas and restaurants are still open.
thanks for your help!
Fall New England getaway (with a 6 month old)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 2 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 5 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 6 California & French Polynesia
- 7 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 8 American Honeymoon in March
- 9 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 10 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 11 How to dress in Vegas
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 15 St Patrick's renovations
- 16 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 19 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 From Seattle airport to the city
- 22 General Utah planning questions
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015