thanks for reading this and any input you guys can give. We are looking at a last minute long weekend getaway for next Wed night-Sunday. I'm thinking we are going to do Newport for a couple days then up to boston. The other option was the cape cod area. We have never been to any of the three areas so don't have much to go on. We love strolling around with the baby, doing some shopping and of course looking for some good restaurants (that are baby friendly!) we typically will go to dinner very early so we don't bug folks out 7-8 for dinner.
Any thoughts on where to stay in newport that is baby friendly and easy to walk to/from the hotel to shopping and restaurants and the cliff walk?
Boston - location for staying maybe a couple can't miss things to do?
Cape cod/nantucket - are these areas still open or are they really just summer destinations? We would love to go here if the shopping areas and restaurants are still open.
thanks for your help!
Fall New England getaway (with a 6 month old)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 2 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 3 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 4 Alaska Trip Planning
- 5 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 6 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 7 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 8 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 9 New York City-New Things?
- 10 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 11 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 12 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 13 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 14 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 15 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 16 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 17 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 18 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 19 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 20 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 21 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 22 Kid School Admission
- 23 NYC hotel/July
- 24 Boston to see Sargent works
- 25 Southern Alabama trip report