thanks for reading this and any input you guys can give. We are looking at a last minute long weekend getaway for next Wed night-Sunday. I'm thinking we are going to do Newport for a couple days then up to boston. The other option was the cape cod area. We have never been to any of the three areas so don't have much to go on. We love strolling around with the baby, doing some shopping and of course looking for some good restaurants (that are baby friendly!) we typically will go to dinner very early so we don't bug folks out 7-8 for dinner.
Any thoughts on where to stay in newport that is baby friendly and easy to walk to/from the hotel to shopping and restaurants and the cliff walk?
Boston - location for staying maybe a couple can't miss things to do?
Cape cod/nantucket - are these areas still open or are they really just summer destinations? We would love to go here if the shopping areas and restaurants are still open.
thanks for your help!
Fall New England getaway (with a 6 month old)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 2 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 3 Philadelphia ?
- 4 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 5 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 6 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 7 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 8 late-night DC restaurant
- 9 Houston in September
- 10 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 11 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 12 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 13 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 14 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 15 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 16 El Paso to Kansas City via Texas
- 17 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 18 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 19 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 20 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 21 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 22 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 23 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 24 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 25 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass