I am planning a trip in October to see the fall foliage of New Hampshire and Vermont. We're flying in and out of Boston so we want to do the Freedom Trail on our way out of town. From Boston, we're taking a short hop to Washington DC to take in some of the sights there.
We're flying just after Columbus Day so I'm figuring we need to head up to NH and VT for the first part of our trip. I am planning to spend 1.5 days in NH and 1.15 days in VT.
After VT, we'll drive back to Boston and spend the day (and night) there. The next morning we'll fly to DC and as of now, I'm planning to spend - in total - two full days (half day on day 1, one full day on day 2, and a late flight out the next day should give us another half day). In DC, we want to visit Mt. Vernon, see the monuments, visit a museum or two, and also visit Arlington.
Any inputs on whether this is too rushed whether with the Fall Foliage section of the trip or the DC section of the trip? Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 days in California. What should I hit?
- 2 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 3 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 4 Wine Country
- 5 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 6 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 7 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 8 Florida beach vacation
- 9 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 10 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 11 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 12 Oahu Trip Report with Friends Nov 2016
- 13 I95
- 14 Rafting the Colorado
- 15 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 16 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 17 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 18 Uber boston
- 19 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 20 Florida vacation
- 21 Buying a home in NJ - need advice from locals thank you!
- 22 Trip to USA in July
- 23 a short trip to san francisco
- 24 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 25 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017