I am planning a trip in October to see the fall foliage of New Hampshire and Vermont. We're flying in and out of Boston so we want to do the Freedom Trail on our way out of town. From Boston, we're taking a short hop to Washington DC to take in some of the sights there.
We're flying just after Columbus Day so I'm figuring we need to head up to NH and VT for the first part of our trip. I am planning to spend 1.5 days in NH and 1.15 days in VT.
After VT, we'll drive back to Boston and spend the day (and night) there. The next morning we'll fly to DC and as of now, I'm planning to spend - in total - two full days (half day on day 1, one full day on day 2, and a late flight out the next day should give us another half day). In DC, we want to visit Mt. Vernon, see the monuments, visit a museum or two, and also visit Arlington.
Any inputs on whether this is too rushed whether with the Fall Foliage section of the trip or the DC section of the trip? Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!
Fall Foliage / Boston / DC
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 San Antonio
- 3 hotel near Met NYC
- 4 Key West on NYE
- 5 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 6 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 7 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 8 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 9 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 10 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 11 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 12 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 13 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 14 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 15 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 16 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 17 Hotel near Public Theater
- 18 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 19 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 20 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 21 Oahu Information
- 22 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 23 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 24 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 25 Savanah Sojourn