I am planning a trip in October to see the fall foliage of New Hampshire and Vermont. We're flying in and out of Boston so we want to do the Freedom Trail on our way out of town. From Boston, we're taking a short hop to Washington DC to take in some of the sights there.
We're flying just after Columbus Day so I'm figuring we need to head up to NH and VT for the first part of our trip. I am planning to spend 1.5 days in NH and 1.15 days in VT.
After VT, we'll drive back to Boston and spend the day (and night) there. The next morning we'll fly to DC and as of now, I'm planning to spend - in total - two full days (half day on day 1, one full day on day 2, and a late flight out the next day should give us another half day). In DC, we want to visit Mt. Vernon, see the monuments, visit a museum or two, and also visit Arlington.
Any inputs on whether this is too rushed whether with the Fall Foliage section of the trip or the DC section of the trip? Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 2 Weather in Chicago
- 3 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 4 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 5 Help me with this
- 6 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 7 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 8 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 9 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 10 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 11 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 12 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 13 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 14 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 15 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 16 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 17 Dining in St. Louis
- 18 AR State Parks
- 19 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 20 NYC For The Day
- 21 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon in August
- 22 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 23 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 24 JFK Terminal 8
- 25 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.