I am planning a trip in October to see the fall foliage of New Hampshire and Vermont. We're flying in and out of Boston so we want to do the Freedom Trail on our way out of town. From Boston, we're taking a short hop to Washington DC to take in some of the sights there.
We're flying just after Columbus Day so I'm figuring we need to head up to NH and VT for the first part of our trip. I am planning to spend 1.5 days in NH and 1.15 days in VT.
After VT, we'll drive back to Boston and spend the day (and night) there. The next morning we'll fly to DC and as of now, I'm planning to spend - in total - two full days (half day on day 1, one full day on day 2, and a late flight out the next day should give us another half day). In DC, we want to visit Mt. Vernon, see the monuments, visit a museum or two, and also visit Arlington.
Any inputs on whether this is too rushed whether with the Fall Foliage section of the trip or the DC section of the trip? Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling out west
- 2 Staten Island, Statue of LIberty
- 3 hotel in NYC
- 4 Hotel in Austin
- 5 Austin TX restaurants
- 6 Southern California and young kids
- 7 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 8 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 9 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 10 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 11 Travel from Seattle w to San Francisco
- 12 Airbnb and Santa Fe/Where to Stay
- 13 Driving from Wisconsin to Vail Co in Mid October
- 14 911 Museum
- 15 Need advice for a 3 days trip to Sedona then Grand Canyon
- 16 Lake Champlain, VT
- 17 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 18 Bar Harbor, Maine
- 19 5 Days near Denver
- 20 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 21 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 22 TSA Security Question
- 23 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 24 3 day wine detour through the Willamette Valley
- 25 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD