I am planning a trip in October to see the fall foliage of New Hampshire and Vermont. We're flying in and out of Boston so we want to do the Freedom Trail on our way out of town. From Boston, we're taking a short hop to Washington DC to take in some of the sights there.
We're flying just after Columbus Day so I'm figuring we need to head up to NH and VT for the first part of our trip. I am planning to spend 1.5 days in NH and 1.15 days in VT.
After VT, we'll drive back to Boston and spend the day (and night) there. The next morning we'll fly to DC and as of now, I'm planning to spend - in total - two full days (half day on day 1, one full day on day 2, and a late flight out the next day should give us another half day). In DC, we want to visit Mt. Vernon, see the monuments, visit a museum or two, and also visit Arlington.
Any inputs on whether this is too rushed whether with the Fall Foliage section of the trip or the DC section of the trip? Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthsuppdiet.com/paravex/
- 2 Cross country tips
- 3 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 4 Back from the Big Easy
- 5 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 6 Ideas for New York
- 7 Parka in PA during February?
- 8 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 9 Border crossing
- 10 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 11 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 12 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 13 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 14 Driving Alaska
- 15 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 16 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 17 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 18 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 19 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 20 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 21 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 22 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 23 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 24 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 25 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas