I am planning a trip in October to see the fall foliage of New Hampshire and Vermont. We're flying in and out of Boston so we want to do the Freedom Trail on our way out of town. From Boston, we're taking a short hop to Washington DC to take in some of the sights there.
We're flying just after Columbus Day so I'm figuring we need to head up to NH and VT for the first part of our trip. I am planning to spend 1.5 days in NH and 1.15 days in VT.
After VT, we'll drive back to Boston and spend the day (and night) there. The next morning we'll fly to DC and as of now, I'm planning to spend - in total - two full days (half day on day 1, one full day on day 2, and a late flight out the next day should give us another half day). In DC, we want to visit Mt. Vernon, see the monuments, visit a museum or two, and also visit Arlington.
Any inputs on whether this is too rushed whether with the Fall Foliage section of the trip or the DC section of the trip? Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 2 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 3 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 4 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 5 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 6 New England Tour
- 7 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 8 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 9 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 10 Downtown Denver hotel
- 11 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 12 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 13 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 14 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 15 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 16 San Diego VRBO area
- 17 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 18 Glacier National Park 2018
- 19 Muir Woods in October
- 20 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 21 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 22 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 23 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 24 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 25 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line