I am planning a trip in October to see the fall foliage of New Hampshire and Vermont. We're flying in and out of Boston so we want to do the Freedom Trail on our way out of town. From Boston, we're taking a short hop to Washington DC to take in some of the sights there.
We're flying just after Columbus Day so I'm figuring we need to head up to NH and VT for the first part of our trip. I am planning to spend 1.5 days in NH and 1.15 days in VT.
After VT, we'll drive back to Boston and spend the day (and night) there. The next morning we'll fly to DC and as of now, I'm planning to spend - in total - two full days (half day on day 1, one full day on day 2, and a late flight out the next day should give us another half day). In DC, we want to visit Mt. Vernon, see the monuments, visit a museum or two, and also visit Arlington.
Any inputs on whether this is too rushed whether with the Fall Foliage section of the trip or the DC section of the trip? Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 2 DC GTG Dinner at Carmine's, April 29
- 3 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 4 flagstaff
- 5 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 6 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 7 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 8 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 9 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 10 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 11 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 12 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 13 San Francisco, Portland, & Seattle Honeymoon
- 14 Carrizo Plain National Monument Wildflower "Superbloom"
- 15 Austin, Hotel
- 16 US Trip
- 17 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 18 Bryce and Zion planning
- 19 Maui - luau question
- 20 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 21 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 22 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 23 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 24 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 25 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)