I am planning a trip in October to see the fall foliage of New Hampshire and Vermont. We're flying in and out of Boston so we want to do the Freedom Trail on our way out of town. From Boston, we're taking a short hop to Washington DC to take in some of the sights there.
We're flying just after Columbus Day so I'm figuring we need to head up to NH and VT for the first part of our trip. I am planning to spend 1.5 days in NH and 1.15 days in VT.
After VT, we'll drive back to Boston and spend the day (and night) there. The next morning we'll fly to DC and as of now, I'm planning to spend - in total - two full days (half day on day 1, one full day on day 2, and a late flight out the next day should give us another half day). In DC, we want to visit Mt. Vernon, see the monuments, visit a museum or two, and also visit Arlington.
Any inputs on whether this is too rushed whether with the Fall Foliage section of the trip or the DC section of the trip? Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated!
Fall Foliage / Boston / DC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 2 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 3 los angeles restaurants
- 4 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 5 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 6 Anyone there to help me!
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 8 Tipping advice
- 9 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 10 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 11 Calf trip
- 12 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 13 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 14 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 15 West Maui Restaurants
- 16 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 17 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help
- 18 Key West Hotel in January
- 19 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 20 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 21 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 24 4 week family trip ideas
- 25 x mas