My husband and I always take a day trip from Chicago to an apple orchard in Elkhorn, WI that we really like. This year we were thinking of visiting either Lake Geneva or Cedarburg after apple picking at the orchard. Lake Geneva is a lot closer (15-20 mins), with Cedarburg being an additional 60 mins away from Elkhorn. However, we're totally willing to do it if it's worth the trip.
Lake Geneva seems to be more of a summer destination, whereas Cedarburg has the small-town historic feel that we like so much. We're basically looking for a town we can visit that has good local shopping, nice restaurants to choose from, and we just want to be able to walk around and take in the scenery.
Does anyone have any opinions on which town to visit for the day? We're looking at early October. Stick with Lake Geneva because it's closer, or take the trip to Cedarburg because it's worth it?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 2 November redwoods trip
- 3 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 4 First Trip to New Mexico
- 5 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 6 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 7 Layover
- 8 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 9 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 10 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 11 Phantom of the Opera Row H Seats 101-102 thoughts?
- 12 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 13 Wedding gifts?
- 14 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 15 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 16 Seattle?
- 17 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 18 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 19 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 20 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 21 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 22 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 23 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 24 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 25 Airport Advice for GNP