My husband and I always take a day trip from Chicago to an apple orchard in Elkhorn, WI that we really like. This year we were thinking of visiting either Lake Geneva or Cedarburg after apple picking at the orchard. Lake Geneva is a lot closer (15-20 mins), with Cedarburg being an additional 60 mins away from Elkhorn. However, we're totally willing to do it if it's worth the trip.
Lake Geneva seems to be more of a summer destination, whereas Cedarburg has the small-town historic feel that we like so much. We're basically looking for a town we can visit that has good local shopping, nice restaurants to choose from, and we just want to be able to walk around and take in the scenery.
Does anyone have any opinions on which town to visit for the day? We're looking at early October. Stick with Lake Geneva because it's closer, or take the trip to Cedarburg because it's worth it?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Watch HDQ NFL 4 December 2016 Live online
- 2 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 3 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 4 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 5 Help us choose a hotel
- 6 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 7 Staying outside DC
- 8 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 9 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 10 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 11 Ideas for New York
- 12 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 13 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 14 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 15 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 16 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 17 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 18 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 19 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 20 New York in December
- 21 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 22 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 23 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 24 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 25 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!