My husband and I always take a day trip from Chicago to an apple orchard in Elkhorn, WI that we really like. This year we were thinking of visiting either Lake Geneva or Cedarburg after apple picking at the orchard. Lake Geneva is a lot closer (15-20 mins), with Cedarburg being an additional 60 mins away from Elkhorn. However, we're totally willing to do it if it's worth the trip.
Lake Geneva seems to be more of a summer destination, whereas Cedarburg has the small-town historic feel that we like so much. We're basically looking for a town we can visit that has good local shopping, nice restaurants to choose from, and we just want to be able to walk around and take in the scenery.
Does anyone have any opinions on which town to visit for the day? We're looking at early October. Stick with Lake Geneva because it's closer, or take the trip to Cedarburg because it's worth it?
Thanks so much!
Fall day trip: Lake Geneva or Cedarburg?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 2 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 3 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 4 "American in Paris" on Broadway
- 5 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 6 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 7 Tipping advice
- 8 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 9 New Orleans help please
- 10 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 11 los angeles restaurants
- 12 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 13 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 14 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 15 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 16 Durango to Mesa Verde
- 17 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 18 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 19 Oregon- Crater Lake and Mount Hood vs Montana- Glacier Bay National Park
- 20 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 21 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 22 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 23 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 24 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 25 New Year's Eve in Philadelphia