My husband and I always take a day trip from Chicago to an apple orchard in Elkhorn, WI that we really like. This year we were thinking of visiting either Lake Geneva or Cedarburg after apple picking at the orchard. Lake Geneva is a lot closer (15-20 mins), with Cedarburg being an additional 60 mins away from Elkhorn. However, we're totally willing to do it if it's worth the trip.
Lake Geneva seems to be more of a summer destination, whereas Cedarburg has the small-town historic feel that we like so much. We're basically looking for a town we can visit that has good local shopping, nice restaurants to choose from, and we just want to be able to walk around and take in the scenery.
Does anyone have any opinions on which town to visit for the day? We're looking at early October. Stick with Lake Geneva because it's closer, or take the trip to Cedarburg because it's worth it?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 2 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 3 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 4 Steamboat in August
- 5 Two nights from Sacramento to Santa Barbara: where to spend the night?
- 6 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 7 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 8 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 9 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 10 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 11 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 12 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 13 MN lake home rental needed
- 14 Desert Southwest
- 15 Salt lake to boulder ideas
- 16 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 17 Hawaii, January 2017.
- 18 Your favourite places in New York City
- 19 Napa valley getaway
- 20 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 21 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah
- 22 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 23 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 24 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 25 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February