My husband and I always take a day trip from Chicago to an apple orchard in Elkhorn, WI that we really like. This year we were thinking of visiting either Lake Geneva or Cedarburg after apple picking at the orchard. Lake Geneva is a lot closer (15-20 mins), with Cedarburg being an additional 60 mins away from Elkhorn. However, we're totally willing to do it if it's worth the trip.
Lake Geneva seems to be more of a summer destination, whereas Cedarburg has the small-town historic feel that we like so much. We're basically looking for a town we can visit that has good local shopping, nice restaurants to choose from, and we just want to be able to walk around and take in the scenery.
Does anyone have any opinions on which town to visit for the day? We're looking at early October. Stick with Lake Geneva because it's closer, or take the trip to Cedarburg because it's worth it?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Avoiding Los Angeles Traffic
- 2 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 3 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 4 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 5 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 6 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 7 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 8 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 9 Depot Bay OR
- 10 Seattle 5 day Itinerary
- 11 A June trip to Kauai
- 12 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 13 Across the United States by Train
- 14 Phone SIM
- 15 Road trip lower 48 to juneau
- 16 Transit Advisory July 4, 2016 Local Transit will be on a hoilday schedule
- 17 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 18 Transportation from downtown Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport
- 19 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 20 A day in Boston
- 21 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 22 1 Week Too Long For Napa/Sonoma/Mendocino?
- 23 October Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 24 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 25 California's Central Coast