My husband and I always take a day trip from Chicago to an apple orchard in Elkhorn, WI that we really like. This year we were thinking of visiting either Lake Geneva or Cedarburg after apple picking at the orchard. Lake Geneva is a lot closer (15-20 mins), with Cedarburg being an additional 60 mins away from Elkhorn. However, we're totally willing to do it if it's worth the trip.
Lake Geneva seems to be more of a summer destination, whereas Cedarburg has the small-town historic feel that we like so much. We're basically looking for a town we can visit that has good local shopping, nice restaurants to choose from, and we just want to be able to walk around and take in the scenery.
Does anyone have any opinions on which town to visit for the day? We're looking at early October. Stick with Lake Geneva because it's closer, or take the trip to Cedarburg because it's worth it?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 2 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 3 Texarkana to Wautoma, WI
- 4 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 5 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 6 California Trip
- 7 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 8 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 9 New Orleans
- 10 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 11 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 12 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 13 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 14 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 15 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 16 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 17 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 18 Weather in Chicago
- 19 Road trip around Washington DC
- 20 Utah trip Itinerary
- 21 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 22 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 23 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 24 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 25 Help me with this