My husband and I always take a day trip from Chicago to an apple orchard in Elkhorn, WI that we really like. This year we were thinking of visiting either Lake Geneva or Cedarburg after apple picking at the orchard. Lake Geneva is a lot closer (15-20 mins), with Cedarburg being an additional 60 mins away from Elkhorn. However, we're totally willing to do it if it's worth the trip.
Lake Geneva seems to be more of a summer destination, whereas Cedarburg has the small-town historic feel that we like so much. We're basically looking for a town we can visit that has good local shopping, nice restaurants to choose from, and we just want to be able to walk around and take in the scenery.
Does anyone have any opinions on which town to visit for the day? We're looking at early October. Stick with Lake Geneva because it's closer, or take the trip to Cedarburg because it's worth it?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 CANON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT Tec*h care 24/7dj
- 2 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 3 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 4 arizona rte 66
- 5 Where to live in the North East
- 6 Hawaii and...where?
- 7 Short Oregon Trip
- 8 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 9 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 10 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 11 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 12 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 13 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 14 Another Great DC Trip
- 15 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 16 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 17 Black History Museum
- 18 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 19 Chicago 2017
- 20 How much time in Badlands?
- 21 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 22 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 23 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 24 DC Restaurants
- 25 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild