My husband and I always take a day trip from Chicago to an apple orchard in Elkhorn, WI that we really like. This year we were thinking of visiting either Lake Geneva or Cedarburg after apple picking at the orchard. Lake Geneva is a lot closer (15-20 mins), with Cedarburg being an additional 60 mins away from Elkhorn. However, we're totally willing to do it if it's worth the trip.
Lake Geneva seems to be more of a summer destination, whereas Cedarburg has the small-town historic feel that we like so much. We're basically looking for a town we can visit that has good local shopping, nice restaurants to choose from, and we just want to be able to walk around and take in the scenery.
Does anyone have any opinions on which town to visit for the day? We're looking at early October. Stick with Lake Geneva because it's closer, or take the trip to Cedarburg because it's worth it?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 7 days in colorado
- 2 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 3 Start ups!! Listen up….Invest and Deliver Happiness!
- 4 Four days in Maine for Anniversary & Birthday
- 5 Self Storage Selection
- 6 yk's family trip to The Berkshires, July 2017
- 7 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 8 What If This Supplement Doesn’t Work With Me?
- 9 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 10 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 11 Curious question about drug tests and Amsterdam...
- 12 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 13 Please provide info on NYC Tenement Museum
- 14 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 15 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 16 Is a trip to the Florida keys for us?
- 17 watching solar eclipse in Portland
- 18 Annual Trip to NOLA - Satchmo and Flooding ?!?
- 19 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 20 Best LUXURY, Ocean Front Condo Rental on Maui for TWO
- 21 Family road trip
- 22 Solo Yosemite Lodging
- 23 Trip to Anchorage
- 24 South road trip
- 25 South road trip