My husband and I always take a day trip from Chicago to an apple orchard in Elkhorn, WI that we really like. This year we were thinking of visiting either Lake Geneva or Cedarburg after apple picking at the orchard. Lake Geneva is a lot closer (15-20 mins), with Cedarburg being an additional 60 mins away from Elkhorn. However, we're totally willing to do it if it's worth the trip.
Lake Geneva seems to be more of a summer destination, whereas Cedarburg has the small-town historic feel that we like so much. We're basically looking for a town we can visit that has good local shopping, nice restaurants to choose from, and we just want to be able to walk around and take in the scenery.
Does anyone have any opinions on which town to visit for the day? We're looking at early October. Stick with Lake Geneva because it's closer, or take the trip to Cedarburg because it's worth it?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel from Juneau to Sitka or Skagway
- 2 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 3 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 4 Suggestion for 4 day hotel in Miami
- 5 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 6 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 7 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 8 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend
- 9 Key West, FL
- 10 Mauna Kea with Children?
- 11 Another question about hawaii
- 12 2 day trip covering Grand Canyon and Antelope canyon starting from Phoenix
- 13 Broadway show tickets
- 14 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 15 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 16 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 17 Hiking and biking hotel options
- 18 BYOB in New York City
- 19 San Antonio and Austin with 21 and 23 year old daughters
- 20 Chicago Cab
- 21 Restaurants in DC
- 22 4th of July in Chicago
- 23 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 24 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 25 Sedona to Vegas