My husband and I always take a day trip from Chicago to an apple orchard in Elkhorn, WI that we really like. This year we were thinking of visiting either Lake Geneva or Cedarburg after apple picking at the orchard. Lake Geneva is a lot closer (15-20 mins), with Cedarburg being an additional 60 mins away from Elkhorn. However, we're totally willing to do it if it's worth the trip.
Lake Geneva seems to be more of a summer destination, whereas Cedarburg has the small-town historic feel that we like so much. We're basically looking for a town we can visit that has good local shopping, nice restaurants to choose from, and we just want to be able to walk around and take in the scenery.
Does anyone have any opinions on which town to visit for the day? We're looking at early October. Stick with Lake Geneva because it's closer, or take the trip to Cedarburg because it's worth it?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Okc,Ok to Taos,NM
- 2 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 3 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 4 Pacific Coast Drive, San Francisco to Seattle
- 5 Grade 12 subjects
- 6 A weekend in Alaska: Northern Lights and more
- 7 Bugs on Sanibel Island
- 8 Southwest Colorado and beetle kill
- 9 Alaska Road Trip (Anchorage-Denali-Valdez)
- 10 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 11 NJ to Florida drive
- 12 Kauai in November
- 13 Blue Whale Inn, RI
- 14 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 15 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 16 what western states to spend the most time in
- 17 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 18 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 19 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 20 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 21 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 22 Alcatraz Tour in SF
- 23 What's There to Do in Kauai???
- 24 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 25 San Francisco Area - 8 days