My husband and I always take a day trip from Chicago to an apple orchard in Elkhorn, WI that we really like. This year we were thinking of visiting either Lake Geneva or Cedarburg after apple picking at the orchard. Lake Geneva is a lot closer (15-20 mins), with Cedarburg being an additional 60 mins away from Elkhorn. However, we're totally willing to do it if it's worth the trip.
Lake Geneva seems to be more of a summer destination, whereas Cedarburg has the small-town historic feel that we like so much. We're basically looking for a town we can visit that has good local shopping, nice restaurants to choose from, and we just want to be able to walk around and take in the scenery.
Does anyone have any opinions on which town to visit for the day? We're looking at early October. Stick with Lake Geneva because it's closer, or take the trip to Cedarburg because it's worth it?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip advice needed please
- 2 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 3 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 4 florida gulf coast
- 5 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 6 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 7 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 8 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 9 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 10 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 11 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 12 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 13 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 14 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 15 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 16 Family Trip advice please?!
- 17 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 18 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 19 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 20 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 21 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 22 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 23 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 24 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 25 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!