I have booked a trip to Maui in first week of December and am still undecided about whether to stay at Sheraton or Fairmont. Based on reviews and their websites, they both seem to be georgeous resorts and cost about the same. The main difference is of course the location and beach front. We will likely be spending most of the time at hotel pools and the lounging at or near the beach. Looking at pictures, Sheraton's beach front (kaanapali) looks prettier (water color of the ocean, sand etc) than Fairmont but pictures don't always tell the whole story. We have never been to Maui before. Also, I read somewhere that some construction was going on at Fairmont. I would truly appreciate your thoughts on these two properties. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 fort lauderdale
- 2 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 3 5 days in Colorado
- 4 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 5 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 6 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 7 First Trip to Texas -
- 8 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 9 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 10 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 11 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 12 Car Rentals....Is this even LEGAL?
- 13 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 14 Southwest road trip
- 15 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 16 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 17 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 18 Beaches in Florida
- 19 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 20 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 21 Downtown Chicago
- 22 2 Day Family Trip to Grand Canyon - RV or Lodge?
- 23 Safety Concerns
- 24 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 25 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?