We’re a couple in our late 20’s living in the North-East looking for a beach holiday in the second half of August. We could go for up to 14 days. We play to spend at least half the day relaxing on the beach (sand is very important). The other half would probably be exploring around in a slow pace. We would like to go to an exotic place.
We usually tend to avoid going on holidays in July/August because of crowds but have no choice this year .
In my opinion, the different choices are :
Hawaii (2 islands in 2 weeks)
California (Beaches and Napa Valley doable?)
The Caribbean (Bahamas, Aruba or St-Martin). Not sure of hurricane season and humidity. We usually go there one week during winter.
Europe (Portugal, Croatia…). August crowds to avoid?
I think that Portugal or Hawaii would be my top 2 choices.
Any help on the destination would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 2 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 3 Advice on tipping
- 4 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 5 Mosser Hotel in San Francisco, CA
- 6 NYC with 8 yr old
- 7 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 8 stopping off I 81 South
- 9 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 10 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 11 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 12 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 13 September Road Trip in New England
- 14 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 15 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 16 Road Trip
- 17 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 18 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 19 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 20 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 21 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 22 Hilton Head restaurants
- 23 Road trip October
- 24 Amish
- 25 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??