We’re a couple in our late 20’s living in the North-East looking for a beach holiday in the second half of August. We could go for up to 14 days. We play to spend at least half the day relaxing on the beach (sand is very important). The other half would probably be exploring around in a slow pace. We would like to go to an exotic place.
We usually tend to avoid going on holidays in July/August because of crowds but have no choice this year .
In my opinion, the different choices are :
Hawaii (2 islands in 2 weeks)
California (Beaches and Napa Valley doable?)
The Caribbean (Bahamas, Aruba or St-Martin). Not sure of hurricane season and humidity. We usually go there one week during winter.
Europe (Portugal, Croatia…). August crowds to avoid?
I think that Portugal or Hawaii would be my top 2 choices.
Any help on the destination would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 November redwoods trip
- 2 Derma Vibrance Skin Cream
- 3 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 4 First Trip to New Mexico
- 5 ExoSlim is such a great weight loss option
- 6 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 7 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 8 Layover
- 9 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 10 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 11 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 12 Phantom of the Opera Row H Seats 101-102 thoughts?
- 13 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 14 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 15 Wedding gifts?
- 16 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 17 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 18 Seattle?
- 19 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 20 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 21 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 22 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 23 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 24 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 25 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November