We’re a couple in our late 20’s living in the North-East looking for a beach holiday in the second half of August. We could go for up to 14 days. We play to spend at least half the day relaxing on the beach (sand is very important). The other half would probably be exploring around in a slow pace. We would like to go to an exotic place.
We usually tend to avoid going on holidays in July/August because of crowds but have no choice this year .
In my opinion, the different choices are :
Hawaii (2 islands in 2 weeks)
California (Beaches and Napa Valley doable?)
The Caribbean (Bahamas, Aruba or St-Martin). Not sure of hurricane season and humidity. We usually go there one week during winter.
Europe (Portugal, Croatia…). August crowds to avoid?
I think that Portugal or Hawaii would be my top 2 choices.
Any help on the destination would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 2 Vasectomy Procedure Beverly Hills
- 3 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 4 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 5 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 6 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 7 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 8 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 9 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 10 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 11 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 12 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 13 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 14 Nashville Questions
- 15 Summer vacation
- 16 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 17 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 18 First Trip to Texas -
- 19 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
- 20 Camping Road Trip with Kids - SD to Santa Fe
- 21 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 22 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 23 Driving to Naples fl
- 24 Beaches in Florida
- 25 What to do in San Diego