We’re a couple in our late 20’s living in the North-East looking for a beach holiday in the second half of August. We could go for up to 14 days. We play to spend at least half the day relaxing on the beach (sand is very important). The other half would probably be exploring around in a slow pace. We would like to go to an exotic place.
We usually tend to avoid going on holidays in July/August because of crowds but have no choice this year .
In my opinion, the different choices are :
Hawaii (2 islands in 2 weeks)
California (Beaches and Napa Valley doable?)
The Caribbean (Bahamas, Aruba or St-Martin). Not sure of hurricane season and humidity. We usually go there one week during winter.
Europe (Portugal, Croatia…). August crowds to avoid?
I think that Portugal or Hawaii would be my top 2 choices.
Any help on the destination would be much appreciated.
Exotic Beach Holyday in the second half of August
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oom-pa-pa at the Y (our “camping” report) April 2015 St. Louis MO
- 2 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 3 Alaska Trip Planning
- 4 Southern Alabama trip report
- 5 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 6 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 7 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 8 Atlanta to LA
- 9 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 10 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 11 New York City-New Things?
- 12 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 13 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 14 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 15 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 16 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 17 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 18 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 19 Yes, there are coyotes in Manhattan
- 20 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 21 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 22 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 23 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 24 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 25 new york subway help please