We’re a couple in our late 20’s living in the North-East looking for a beach holiday in the second half of August. We could go for up to 14 days. We play to spend at least half the day relaxing on the beach (sand is very important). The other half would probably be exploring around in a slow pace. We would like to go to an exotic place.
We usually tend to avoid going on holidays in July/August because of crowds but have no choice this year .
In my opinion, the different choices are :
Hawaii (2 islands in 2 weeks)
California (Beaches and Napa Valley doable?)
The Caribbean (Bahamas, Aruba or St-Martin). Not sure of hurricane season and humidity. We usually go there one week during winter.
Europe (Portugal, Croatia…). August crowds to avoid?
I think that Portugal or Hawaii would be my top 2 choices.
Any help on the destination would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 2 new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
- 3 First time to Alaska
- 4 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 5 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 6 Hawaii - where?
- 7 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 8 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 9 BBQ
- 10 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 11 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
- 12 Anaheim - no car
- 13 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 14 Pacific Northwest
- 15 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 16 Things to do in NYC
- 17 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 18 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 19 24 days out west
- 20 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 21 Hawaii Cruise
- 22 New York best app
- 23 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 24 New Orleans Streetcars
- 25 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016