We’re a couple in our late 20’s living in the North-East looking for a beach holiday in the second half of August. We could go for up to 14 days. We play to spend at least half the day relaxing on the beach (sand is very important). The other half would probably be exploring around in a slow pace. We would like to go to an exotic place.
We usually tend to avoid going on holidays in July/August because of crowds but have no choice this year .
In my opinion, the different choices are :
Hawaii (2 islands in 2 weeks)
California (Beaches and Napa Valley doable?)
The Caribbean (Bahamas, Aruba or St-Martin). Not sure of hurricane season and humidity. We usually go there one week during winter.
Europe (Portugal, Croatia…). August crowds to avoid?
I think that Portugal or Hawaii would be my top 2 choices.
Any help on the destination would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.drozdietplan.com/nitro-boost-max/
- 2 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
- 3 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 4 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 5 Flower Piano
- 6 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 7 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 8 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 9 Maine weather and temps
- 10 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 11 Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 12 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 13 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 14 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 15 Yosemite conditions next 5 days - too smoky?
- 16 Newport RI Jazz Festival
- 17 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 18 Need some itinerary help with Las Vegas to Phoenix road trip
- 19 Key West July 2017 - Here We Go Again!
- 20 Suggestions on Timing for Denali Shuttle Tour?
- 21 Alcatrez sold out
- 22 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 23 WA to CT
- 24 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 25 Kids missing three weeks of school.