We’re a couple in our late 20’s living in the North-East looking for a beach holiday in the second half of August. We could go for up to 14 days. We play to spend at least half the day relaxing on the beach (sand is very important). The other half would probably be exploring around in a slow pace. We would like to go to an exotic place.
We usually tend to avoid going on holidays in July/August because of crowds but have no choice this year .
In my opinion, the different choices are :
Hawaii (2 islands in 2 weeks)
California (Beaches and Napa Valley doable?)
The Caribbean (Bahamas, Aruba or St-Martin). Not sure of hurricane season and humidity. We usually go there one week during winter.
Europe (Portugal, Croatia…). August crowds to avoid?
I think that Portugal or Hawaii would be my top 2 choices.
Any help on the destination would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 2 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 3 Miami airport--safety??
- 4 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 5 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 6 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 7 Recent Spam Attacks
- 8 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 9 US whole month of January where to
- 10 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 11 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 12 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 13 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 14 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 15 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 16 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 17 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 18 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 19 Baltimore Weekend
- 20 Dinosaur National Monument
- 21 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 22 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 23 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 24 Things to do in Toronto
- 25 Antelope Canyon visit in August - best time