We’re a couple in our late 20’s living in the North-East looking for a beach holiday in the second half of August. We could go for up to 14 days. We play to spend at least half the day relaxing on the beach (sand is very important). The other half would probably be exploring around in a slow pace. We would like to go to an exotic place.
We usually tend to avoid going on holidays in July/August because of crowds but have no choice this year .
In my opinion, the different choices are :
Hawaii (2 islands in 2 weeks)
California (Beaches and Napa Valley doable?)
The Caribbean (Bahamas, Aruba or St-Martin). Not sure of hurricane season and humidity. We usually go there one week during winter.
Europe (Portugal, Croatia…). August crowds to avoid?
I think that Portugal or Hawaii would be my top 2 choices.
Any help on the destination would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving Alaska
- 2 Border crossing
- 3 March in New Mexico
- 4 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 5 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 6 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 7 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 8 Back from the Big Easy
- 9 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 10 Cross country tips
- 11 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 12 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 13 Ideas for New York
- 14 Parka in PA during February?
- 15 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 16 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 17 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 18 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 19 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 20 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 21 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 22 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 23 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 24 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 25 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please