We have a 7 and 1/2 hour layover in Newark, (2:30 - 10 pm) before leaving on an international flight on a Saturday evening. I have heard a little about the monorail and airtrain that connects to Manhattan Penn Station, but could really use some wise counsel on getting there and back. Could someone help me with the details of how this all works. I am a little nervous about Penn Station (being so big) and finding our train to get back. Also, what time would you leave Penn Station? Our luggage will have already been checked through from our 1st flight, and we will just have a backpack when we go through security, no other carry-on luggage. Are the trains usually busy on a Saturday evening? Thanks for your help!
EWR airtrain to Manhattan Penn Station
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 2 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 3 Phoenix restaurants
- 4 5 week in US/Mexico
- 5 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 6 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 7 10 day trip to California
- 8 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 9 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 10 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 11 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 12 Rafting near Denali
- 13 New York City Restaurants
- 14 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 16 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 17 Kennedy Space Center
- 18 Week in October in Maine
- 19 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 20 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 21 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 22 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 23 B-Day Mini adventure
- 24 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 25 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach