I will be in DC with a colleague for a few nights for some business meetings. Our hotel is near the Crystal City metro stop (chosen - not by me - due to proximity to DCA). I see that Alexandria is very close - just a couple metro stops away. I've driven through Alexandria once, and it looked like a neat area with a walkable downtown. Would this be a good area to hang out in during the evenings? Any restaurant and/or pub recommendations?
Evennings in Alexandria
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 2 New York City and New England
- 3 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 4 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 5 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 6 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 7 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 8 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 9 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 10 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 11 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 12 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 13 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 14 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 15 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 16 Best Destination in USA
- 17 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 18 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 19 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 20 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 21 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 22 x mas
- 23 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 24 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 25 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice