June 1-Oct. 31, 2004 will be the dates of the Etruscan Treasures Exhibit at the Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art on the campus of St. Gregory's University in Shawnee, Oklahoma. There will be over 200 pieces of gold Etruscan jewelry from the private collections of Italian Prince Fabrizio Alliata and Dr. Francesco Buranelli, the Director Gen. of the Vatican Museums. There will be over 30 artifacts from the Gregorian-Etruscan Museum of the Vatican Museums. This will be the only venue for this exhibit. For more information go to www.mgmoa.org. St. Gregory's University and the Museum are owned and operated by the Benedictine Monks of St. Gregory's Abbey. There will be tours of the University campus and tours of the Abbey church that has wonderful stain glass windows. Shawnee is on I-40 35 minutes east of Oklahoma City. You may wish to visit www.stgregorys.edu. Come to Shawnee to see something from Rome.
Etruscan Treasures Exhibit in Shawnee, OK
View all United States activity »
- 1 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 2 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 3 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 4 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 5 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 6 Biloxi questions again
- 7 San Antonio
- 8 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 9 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 10 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 11 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 12 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 13 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 14 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 15 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 16 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 17 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 18 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 19 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 20 Vero Beach FL
- 21 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 22 Question about Boulder area
- 23 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 24 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 25 Savanah Sojourn