June 1-Oct. 31, 2004 will be the dates of the Etruscan Treasures Exhibit at the Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art on the campus of St. Gregory's University in Shawnee, Oklahoma. There will be over 200 pieces of gold Etruscan jewelry from the private collections of Italian Prince Fabrizio Alliata and Dr. Francesco Buranelli, the Director Gen. of the Vatican Museums. There will be over 30 artifacts from the Gregorian-Etruscan Museum of the Vatican Museums. This will be the only venue for this exhibit. For more information go to www.mgmoa.org. St. Gregory's University and the Museum are owned and operated by the Benedictine Monks of St. Gregory's Abbey. There will be tours of the University campus and tours of the Abbey church that has wonderful stain glass windows. Shawnee is on I-40 35 minutes east of Oklahoma City. You may wish to visit www.stgregorys.edu. Come to Shawnee to see something from Rome.
Etruscan Treasures Exhibit in Shawnee, OK
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Universal studios/Orlando
- 2 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 3 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 4 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 5 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 6 USA with a 3 year old
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 14 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 17 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 18 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 19 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Wedding venue in NH
- 22 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 23 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 24 San Diego parks and attractions
- 25 Alaska