June 1-Oct. 31, 2004 will be the dates of the Etruscan Treasures Exhibit at the Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art on the campus of St. Gregory's University in Shawnee, Oklahoma. There will be over 200 pieces of gold Etruscan jewelry from the private collections of Italian Prince Fabrizio Alliata and Dr. Francesco Buranelli, the Director Gen. of the Vatican Museums. There will be over 30 artifacts from the Gregorian-Etruscan Museum of the Vatican Museums. This will be the only venue for this exhibit. For more information go to www.mgmoa.org. St. Gregory's University and the Museum are owned and operated by the Benedictine Monks of St. Gregory's Abbey. There will be tours of the University campus and tours of the Abbey church that has wonderful stain glass windows. Shawnee is on I-40 35 minutes east of Oklahoma City. You may wish to visit www.stgregorys.edu. Come to Shawnee to see something from Rome.
Etruscan Treasures Exhibit in Shawnee, OK
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 2 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 3 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 4 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 5 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 6 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 7 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 8 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 9 Road Trip SW
- 10 Seafood
- 11 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 12 Connecticut River Byway
- 13 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 14 Boston
- 15 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 16 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 17 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 18 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 19 moving to florida
- 20 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 21 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 22 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 23 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 24 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 25 Boston/Salem with kids