We are in the beginning stages of planning our next family trip. We will be heading to Colorado in July (2015) I know I know...but we like to plan early! We are flying from DC to Denver and will be spending 3 (or 4) nights in Estes Park to explore RMNP. We are a family of 6. (2 moms, 3 kids who will be 9,12,15 and an active grandma 68?) We love the outdoors, nature, beautiful scenery, national parks, short hikes or "walks in nature"; wildlife and just appreciated the wonder of the world.
We are looking for somewhere to stay that will provide a bed (not sleeper sofa) for all of us...we can share- but we don't want to make anyone have the sleeper sofa. We enjoying camping- but grandma likes her coffee machines. So we are looking for something that will give us the peaceful serenity we don't get here in DC- have an incredible view (hopefully from a private deck where we can sit and relax as the kids sleep) maybe it would even have a hot tub. We don't need TVs, DVD players or anything like that..but we would like it to be very clean and comfortable. Clean...comfortable....quiet....and a great view.....I want to see the stars! and the Mountains!!and breathe the fresh (all be it...thin) air!
Any and all suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 2 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 3 US Trip
- 4 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 5 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 6 Maui - luau question
- 7 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)
- 8 Philly Itinerary Help
- 9 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 10 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 11 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 12 Bryce and Zion planning
- 13 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 14 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 15 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 16 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 17 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 18 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 19 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 20 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 21 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 22 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 23 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 24 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 25 Driving to NYC from Ohio
Estes Park lodging: with kids and grandma; quiet, peaceful; amazing