We are in the beginning stages of planning our next family trip. We will be heading to Colorado in July (2015) I know I know...but we like to plan early! We are flying from DC to Denver and will be spending 3 (or 4) nights in Estes Park to explore RMNP. We are a family of 6. (2 moms, 3 kids who will be 9,12,15 and an active grandma 68?) We love the outdoors, nature, beautiful scenery, national parks, short hikes or "walks in nature"; wildlife and just appreciated the wonder of the world.
We are looking for somewhere to stay that will provide a bed (not sleeper sofa) for all of us...we can share- but we don't want to make anyone have the sleeper sofa. We enjoying camping- but grandma likes her coffee machines. So we are looking for something that will give us the peaceful serenity we don't get here in DC- have an incredible view (hopefully from a private deck where we can sit and relax as the kids sleep) maybe it would even have a hot tub. We don't need TVs, DVD players or anything like that..but we would like it to be very clean and comfortable. Clean...comfortable....quiet....and a great view.....I want to see the stars! and the Mountains!!and breathe the fresh (all be it...thin) air!
Any and all suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The big Hungarian GP
- 2 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 3 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 4 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 5 Arizona Classic Car Detailing
- 6 Luxury Car Detailing Scottsdale
- 7 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 8 Steamboat in August
- 9 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 10 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 11 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 12 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 13 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 14 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 15 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 16 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 17 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 18 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 19 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 20 Cape cod Labor Day
- 21 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 22 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 23 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 24 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 25 US Open Tennis
Estes Park lodging: with kids and grandma; quiet, peaceful; amazing