We are in the beginning stages of planning our next family trip. We will be heading to Colorado in July (2015) I know I know...but we like to plan early! We are flying from DC to Denver and will be spending 3 (or 4) nights in Estes Park to explore RMNP. We are a family of 6. (2 moms, 3 kids who will be 9,12,15 and an active grandma 68?) We love the outdoors, nature, beautiful scenery, national parks, short hikes or "walks in nature"; wildlife and just appreciated the wonder of the world.
We are looking for somewhere to stay that will provide a bed (not sleeper sofa) for all of us...we can share- but we don't want to make anyone have the sleeper sofa. We enjoying camping- but grandma likes her coffee machines. So we are looking for something that will give us the peaceful serenity we don't get here in DC- have an incredible view (hopefully from a private deck where we can sit and relax as the kids sleep) maybe it would even have a hot tub. We don't need TVs, DVD players or anything like that..but we would like it to be very clean and comfortable. Clean...comfortable....quiet....and a great view.....I want to see the stars! and the Mountains!!and breathe the fresh (all be it...thin) air!
Any and all suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://newhealthsupplement.com/muscle-science/
- 2 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 3 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 4 Unforgettable Excursion Company
- 5 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 6 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 7 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 8 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 9 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 10 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 11 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 12 Staying outside DC
- 13 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 14 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 15 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 16 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 17 Ideas for New York
- 18 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 19 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 20 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 21 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 22 Road trip
- 23 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 24 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 25 Getting married to a French man
Estes Park lodging: with kids and grandma; quiet, peaceful; amazing