We are in the beginning stages of planning our next family trip. We will be heading to Colorado in July (2015) I know I know...but we like to plan early! We are flying from DC to Denver and will be spending 3 (or 4) nights in Estes Park to explore RMNP. We are a family of 6. (2 moms, 3 kids who will be 9,12,15 and an active grandma 68?) We love the outdoors, nature, beautiful scenery, national parks, short hikes or "walks in nature"; wildlife and just appreciated the wonder of the world.
We are looking for somewhere to stay that will provide a bed (not sleeper sofa) for all of us...we can share- but we don't want to make anyone have the sleeper sofa. We enjoying camping- but grandma likes her coffee machines. So we are looking for something that will give us the peaceful serenity we don't get here in DC- have an incredible view (hopefully from a private deck where we can sit and relax as the kids sleep) maybe it would even have a hot tub. We don't need TVs, DVD players or anything like that..but we would like it to be very clean and comfortable. Clean...comfortable....quiet....and a great view.....I want to see the stars! and the Mountains!!and breathe the fresh (all be it...thin) air!
Any and all suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 2 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 3 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 4 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 5 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 6 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 7 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 8 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 9 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 10 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 11 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 12 Relocating to the Deep South
- 13 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 14 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 15 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 16 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 17 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 18 south west family trip itinerary
- 19 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 20 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 21 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 22 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 23 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 24 wasting time around JFK
- 25 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
Estes Park lodging: with kids and grandma; quiet, peaceful; amazing