We are in the beginning stages of planning our next family trip. We will be heading to Colorado in July (2015) I know I know...but we like to plan early! We are flying from DC to Denver and will be spending 3 (or 4) nights in Estes Park to explore RMNP. We are a family of 6. (2 moms, 3 kids who will be 9,12,15 and an active grandma 68?) We love the outdoors, nature, beautiful scenery, national parks, short hikes or "walks in nature"; wildlife and just appreciated the wonder of the world.
We are looking for somewhere to stay that will provide a bed (not sleeper sofa) for all of us...we can share- but we don't want to make anyone have the sleeper sofa. We enjoying camping- but grandma likes her coffee machines. So we are looking for something that will give us the peaceful serenity we don't get here in DC- have an incredible view (hopefully from a private deck where we can sit and relax as the kids sleep) maybe it would even have a hot tub. We don't need TVs, DVD players or anything like that..but we would like it to be very clean and comfortable. Clean...comfortable....quiet....and a great view.....I want to see the stars! and the Mountains!!and breathe the fresh (all be it...thin) air!
Any and all suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated!
Estes Park lodging: with kids and grandma; quiet, peaceful; amazing
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 4 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 7 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 8 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 9 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 10 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 11 Kennedy Space Center
- 12 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 13 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 14 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 15 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 16 5 week in US/Mexico
- 17 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 18 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 19 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 20 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 21 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 24 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 25 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???