We are in the beginning stages of planning our next family trip. We will be heading to Colorado in July (2015) I know I know...but we like to plan early! We are flying from DC to Denver and will be spending 3 (or 4) nights in Estes Park to explore RMNP. We are a family of 6. (2 moms, 3 kids who will be 9,12,15 and an active grandma 68?) We love the outdoors, nature, beautiful scenery, national parks, short hikes or "walks in nature"; wildlife and just appreciated the wonder of the world.
We are looking for somewhere to stay that will provide a bed (not sleeper sofa) for all of us...we can share- but we don't want to make anyone have the sleeper sofa. We enjoying camping- but grandma likes her coffee machines. So we are looking for something that will give us the peaceful serenity we don't get here in DC- have an incredible view (hopefully from a private deck where we can sit and relax as the kids sleep) maybe it would even have a hot tub. We don't need TVs, DVD players or anything like that..but we would like it to be very clean and comfortable. Clean...comfortable....quiet....and a great view.....I want to see the stars! and the Mountains!!and breathe the fresh (all be it...thin) air!
Any and all suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated!
Estes Park lodging: with kids and grandma; quiet, peaceful; amazing
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Good local restaurants E30th St New York?
- 2 Waltham, MA to Boston-Logan Airport
- 3 How safe would feel with the key in your front door overnight?
- 4 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 5 http://testxtremefacts.com/progain-350/
- 6 Texas
- 7 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 8 Help with Grand Canyon trip in June
- 9 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 10 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 11 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 12 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 13 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 14 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 15 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 16 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 17 10 day trip
- 18 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 19 Utah restaurants
- 20 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 21 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 22 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 23 looking for beautiful gardens suggestions in early April
- 24 Ride Share DEN to CB 3/18
- 25 Venice tourist travel pass