We are in the beginning stages of planning our next family trip. We will be heading to Colorado in July (2015) I know I know...but we like to plan early! We are flying from DC to Denver and will be spending 3 (or 4) nights in Estes Park to explore RMNP. We are a family of 6. (2 moms, 3 kids who will be 9,12,15 and an active grandma 68?) We love the outdoors, nature, beautiful scenery, national parks, short hikes or "walks in nature"; wildlife and just appreciated the wonder of the world.
We are looking for somewhere to stay that will provide a bed (not sleeper sofa) for all of us...we can share- but we don't want to make anyone have the sleeper sofa. We enjoying camping- but grandma likes her coffee machines. So we are looking for something that will give us the peaceful serenity we don't get here in DC- have an incredible view (hopefully from a private deck where we can sit and relax as the kids sleep) maybe it would even have a hot tub. We don't need TVs, DVD players or anything like that..but we would like it to be very clean and comfortable. Clean...comfortable....quiet....and a great view.....I want to see the stars! and the Mountains!!and breathe the fresh (all be it...thin) air!
Any and all suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementstest.com/ionic-white/
- 2 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 3 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 4 Arches or Zion?
- 5 Asian population in Portland, OR?
- 6 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 7 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 8 how much time to visit pedestal at Statue of Liberty
- 9 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 10 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 11 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 12 Richmond Virginia And Poe
- 13 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 14 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City
- 15 time to visit statue
- 16 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 17 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 18 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 19 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 20 Chester, CN
- 21 Northern California Gardens.
- 22 First time Colorado 1 week-itinerary help
- 23 Savannah Itinerary Feedback Please
- 24 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 25 ground transportation NYC to DC and connecting to MARC
Estes Park lodging: with kids and grandma; quiet, peaceful; amazing