We are in the beginning stages of planning our next family trip. We will be heading to Colorado in July (2015) I know I know...but we like to plan early! We are flying from DC to Denver and will be spending 3 (or 4) nights in Estes Park to explore RMNP. We are a family of 6. (2 moms, 3 kids who will be 9,12,15 and an active grandma 68?) We love the outdoors, nature, beautiful scenery, national parks, short hikes or "walks in nature"; wildlife and just appreciated the wonder of the world.
We are looking for somewhere to stay that will provide a bed (not sleeper sofa) for all of us...we can share- but we don't want to make anyone have the sleeper sofa. We enjoying camping- but grandma likes her coffee machines. So we are looking for something that will give us the peaceful serenity we don't get here in DC- have an incredible view (hopefully from a private deck where we can sit and relax as the kids sleep) maybe it would even have a hot tub. We don't need TVs, DVD players or anything like that..but we would like it to be very clean and comfortable. Clean...comfortable....quiet....and a great view.....I want to see the stars! and the Mountains!!and breathe the fresh (all be it...thin) air!
Any and all suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 2 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 3 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 4 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 5 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 6 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 7 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 8 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 9 Hotel in Reno
- 10 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 11 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 12 Looking for informaation on Joshua Tree
- 13 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 14 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 15 A nice restuarnt in Charlottesville, VA for bridesmaids luncheon?
- 16 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 17 http://skincaremarkets.com/brainup-iq/
- 18 Utah National Parks visit
- 19 10 days vacation in California
- 20 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 21 Plan a trip for me! 3 kids 5 and under, SW airlines out of MKE
- 22 roadtrip sfo - seattle
- 23 Chicago to Portland drive March 1
- 24 Maui where to stay help
- 25 Bar Harbor or Burlington? (or somewhere else?)
Estes Park lodging: with kids and grandma; quiet, peaceful; amazing