We are in the beginning stages of planning our next family trip. We will be heading to Colorado in July (2015) I know I know...but we like to plan early! We are flying from DC to Denver and will be spending 3 (or 4) nights in Estes Park to explore RMNP. We are a family of 6. (2 moms, 3 kids who will be 9,12,15 and an active grandma 68?) We love the outdoors, nature, beautiful scenery, national parks, short hikes or "walks in nature"; wildlife and just appreciated the wonder of the world.
We are looking for somewhere to stay that will provide a bed (not sleeper sofa) for all of us...we can share- but we don't want to make anyone have the sleeper sofa. We enjoying camping- but grandma likes her coffee machines. So we are looking for something that will give us the peaceful serenity we don't get here in DC- have an incredible view (hopefully from a private deck where we can sit and relax as the kids sleep) maybe it would even have a hot tub. We don't need TVs, DVD players or anything like that..but we would like it to be very clean and comfortable. Clean...comfortable....quiet....and a great view.....I want to see the stars! and the Mountains!!and breathe the fresh (all be it...thin) air!
Any and all suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated!
Estes Park lodging: with kids and grandma; quiet, peaceful; amazing
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 3 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 4 x mas
- 5 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 6 Calf trip
- 7 Trip to Niagara Falls
- 8 Key West Hotel in January
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Florida in between stop 2 days after Key Largo towards St.pete
- 11 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 12 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 13 ny ers now living in nc taking their kids to nyc for first time
- 14 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 15 Uber and Airbnb-Insurance and Credentials
- 16 Marriott Marquis San Francisco
- 17 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 18 Stopover in MIAMI
- 19 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 20 San Francisco Advice needed
- 21 Best women's dress shop north shore of Boston?
- 22 Healdsburg tips
- 23 Boston (Logan Airport) to Salem using public transportation.
- 24 Santa Fe: ATVing and Native American Dances/Festivals in December
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around