We are in the beginning stages of planning our next family trip. We will be heading to Colorado in July (2015) I know I know...but we like to plan early! We are flying from DC to Denver and will be spending 3 (or 4) nights in Estes Park to explore RMNP. We are a family of 6. (2 moms, 3 kids who will be 9,12,15 and an active grandma 68?) We love the outdoors, nature, beautiful scenery, national parks, short hikes or "walks in nature"; wildlife and just appreciated the wonder of the world.
We are looking for somewhere to stay that will provide a bed (not sleeper sofa) for all of us...we can share- but we don't want to make anyone have the sleeper sofa. We enjoying camping- but grandma likes her coffee machines. So we are looking for something that will give us the peaceful serenity we don't get here in DC- have an incredible view (hopefully from a private deck where we can sit and relax as the kids sleep) maybe it would even have a hot tub. We don't need TVs, DVD players or anything like that..but we would like it to be very clean and comfortable. Clean...comfortable....quiet....and a great view.....I want to see the stars! and the Mountains!!and breathe the fresh (all be it...thin) air!
Any and all suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 2 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 3 Western U.S. Road trip
- 4 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 5 Seattle to Oakland, CA in three days?
- 6 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 7 Martha's Vineyard area
- 8 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 9 2 days to do Denver/Colorado Springs
- 10 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 11 Alaska- itinerary and general questions
- 12 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 13 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 14 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 15 Returned from Sedona
- 16 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 17 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 18 Centra Coast Wildlife
- 19 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 20 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 21 Looking For Specific Accommodation Recommendations
- 22 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 23 Awesome Things to do in Door County in the Summer
- 24 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 25 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
Estes Park lodging: with kids and grandma; quiet, peaceful; amazing