We are in the beginning stages of planning our next family trip. We will be heading to Colorado in July (2015) I know I know...but we like to plan early! We are flying from DC to Denver and will be spending 3 (or 4) nights in Estes Park to explore RMNP. We are a family of 6. (2 moms, 3 kids who will be 9,12,15 and an active grandma 68?) We love the outdoors, nature, beautiful scenery, national parks, short hikes or "walks in nature"; wildlife and just appreciated the wonder of the world.
We are looking for somewhere to stay that will provide a bed (not sleeper sofa) for all of us...we can share- but we don't want to make anyone have the sleeper sofa. We enjoying camping- but grandma likes her coffee machines. So we are looking for something that will give us the peaceful serenity we don't get here in DC- have an incredible view (hopefully from a private deck where we can sit and relax as the kids sleep) maybe it would even have a hot tub. We don't need TVs, DVD players or anything like that..but we would like it to be very clean and comfortable. Clean...comfortable....quiet....and a great view.....I want to see the stars! and the Mountains!!and breathe the fresh (all be it...thin) air!
Any and all suggestions and opinions are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cruise to Alaska -- how important is Glacier Bay?
- 2 Your favourite places in New York City
- 3 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 4 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 5 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 6 The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Atm Machine?
- 7 Orlando - condoleances
- 8 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 9 Good cheap eats in/near San Francisco, including coffee
- 10 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 11 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 12 road trip during husbands bday
- 13 Trip Starting from New York
- 14 A day in Boston
- 15 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 16 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 17 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 18 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 19 Niagara Falls.
- 20 A June trip to Kauai
- 21 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 22 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 23 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 24 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 25 1st trip to Colorado
Estes Park lodging: with kids and grandma; quiet, peaceful; amazing