We are going to be in Connecticut for our son's graduation in June. We normally stay in Cromwell, but the graduation dinner, which is the night of our arrival, is going to be in/near Essex and we won't have enough time to go to school to make sure he's packed, drive back to Cromwell to dress for dinner, and then drive down to Essex. If it was just my husband and myself, I would enjoy staying at one of the inns. However, I don't see paying those prices for our two teenage sons! Are there any moderately priced, decent hotels or motels nearby? I found a Comfort Inn, which would be fine for one night, but TripAdvisor really trashed it. However, you never know with them - I would much rather trust you guys!
Essex CT area hotels/motels
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 2 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 3 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 4 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 5 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 6 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 7 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 8 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 9 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 10 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 11 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 12 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 13 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 14 Phoenix restaurants
- 15 5 week in US/Mexico
- 16 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 17 10 day trip to California
- 18 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 19 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 20 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 21 Rafting near Denali
- 22 New York City Restaurants
- 23 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 24 Kennedy Space Center
- 25 Week in October in Maine