Hi - we are considering a trip to South Dakota and have a week off at the end of october. How is the weather generally at that time? I have looked at temperature averages but that doesn't really tell me if I'm likely to run into snow at that time of year. Also - will things be open and touristy things still available. We like to hike and will do a lot of that, but also like to do all the regular tourist stuff, too. We love to travel off season but don't want to pick the WRONG time either. Thanks, sue
End of October for Badlands, Custer, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 2 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 3 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 4 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 5 Self guided White House tour
- 6 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 7 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 8 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 9 Moving to CT
- 10 Hotels Philly
- 11 Northwest USA
- 12 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 13 Ackislander
- 14 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 15 san diego or nearby area
- 16 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 17 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 18 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 19 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 20 LA for a day and a half
- 21 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 22 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 23 Texas
- 24 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 25 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question