Hi - we are considering a trip to South Dakota and have a week off at the end of october. How is the weather generally at that time? I have looked at temperature averages but that doesn't really tell me if I'm likely to run into snow at that time of year. Also - will things be open and touristy things still available. We like to hike and will do a lot of that, but also like to do all the regular tourist stuff, too. We love to travel off season but don't want to pick the WRONG time either. Thanks, sue
End of October for Badlands, Custer, etc.?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 2 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 3 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 4 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 5 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 6 Biloxi questions again
- 7 San Antonio
- 8 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 9 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 10 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 11 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 12 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 13 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 14 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 15 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 16 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 17 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 18 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 19 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 20 Vero Beach FL
- 21 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 22 Question about Boulder area
- 23 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 24 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 25 Savanah Sojourn