Hi - we are considering a trip to South Dakota and have a week off at the end of october. How is the weather generally at that time? I have looked at temperature averages but that doesn't really tell me if I'm likely to run into snow at that time of year. Also - will things be open and touristy things still available. We like to hike and will do a lot of that, but also like to do all the regular tourist stuff, too. We love to travel off season but don't want to pick the WRONG time either. Thanks, sue
End of October for Badlands, Custer, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 2 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 3 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 4 One Night at Logan Airport
- 5 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 6 Circle Oahu / luau
- 7 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 10 Backpacking in April
- 11 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 12 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 15 Four days in DC
- 16 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 17 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 18 3 nights in Nashville
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Please help with itinerary
- 21 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?