My husband and I (in our 30's) are looking for somewhere to go over New Years. He wants nearby gambling (he just discovered poker) and I love New England. So, I found the Foxwoods casino for him, and Mystic for me!
However, our concern is that there won't be a thing to do in Mystic in winter. It doesn't have to be a rockin' crazy New Years party, but something like fireworks or something would be nice. We visited Bar Harbor, ME one year in late November, and the whole island basically shuts down after the peak fall season. We couldn't even find a place open for dinner! Is this an issue in Mystic?
Where should we stay? Something clean and charming around $150/night. It doesn't have to be a B&B, just somewhere nice. We love beautiful scenery and great places to eat with atmosphere and fun. We are from Milwaukee, and I don't know if they have micro-breweries everywhere, (bar/restaurant where they brew specialty beer) but are there any in or around Mystic? Are there any attractions or nearby picturesqe towns around Mystic we should not miss?
Please help! We need to get our travel arrangements in order, and if I don't sell him on Mystic, it will be Las Vegas.... again.
EMERGENCY!!! Need info on New Years in Mystic....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 all love problem solution baba ji +91-9815331734
- 2 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 3 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 4 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 5 ONP help
- 6 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 7 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 8 Road Tour in Usa
- 9 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 10 So you love handbags!
- 11 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 12 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 13 replica designer handbags
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 16 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 17 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 18 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 19 Re-Visit DC
- 20 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 21 Seattle Trip - Snoqualmie Falls
- 22 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 23 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 24 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 25 From Raleigh-Durham to Miami