My husband and I (in our 30's) are looking for somewhere to go over New Years. He wants nearby gambling (he just discovered poker) and I love New England. So, I found the Foxwoods casino for him, and Mystic for me!
However, our concern is that there won't be a thing to do in Mystic in winter. It doesn't have to be a rockin' crazy New Years party, but something like fireworks or something would be nice. We visited Bar Harbor, ME one year in late November, and the whole island basically shuts down after the peak fall season. We couldn't even find a place open for dinner! Is this an issue in Mystic?
Where should we stay? Something clean and charming around $150/night. It doesn't have to be a B&B, just somewhere nice. We love beautiful scenery and great places to eat with atmosphere and fun. We are from Milwaukee, and I don't know if they have micro-breweries everywhere, (bar/restaurant where they brew specialty beer) but are there any in or around Mystic? Are there any attractions or nearby picturesqe towns around Mystic we should not miss?
Please help! We need to get our travel arrangements in order, and if I don't sell him on Mystic, it will be Las Vegas.... again.
EMERGENCY!!! Need info on New Years in Mystic....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California & French Polynesia
- 2 General Utah planning questions
- 3 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 4 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 5 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 Dining in Manhattan
- 8 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 9 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 10 American Honeymoon in March
- 11 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 12 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 13 How to dress in Vegas
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 17 St Patrick's renovations
- 18 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 19 4 week family trip ideas
- 20 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 21 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 22 From Seattle airport to the city
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015