My husband and I (in our 30's) are looking for somewhere to go over New Years. He wants nearby gambling (he just discovered poker) and I love New England. So, I found the Foxwoods casino for him, and Mystic for me!
However, our concern is that there won't be a thing to do in Mystic in winter. It doesn't have to be a rockin' crazy New Years party, but something like fireworks or something would be nice. We visited Bar Harbor, ME one year in late November, and the whole island basically shuts down after the peak fall season. We couldn't even find a place open for dinner! Is this an issue in Mystic?
Where should we stay? Something clean and charming around $150/night. It doesn't have to be a B&B, just somewhere nice. We love beautiful scenery and great places to eat with atmosphere and fun. We are from Milwaukee, and I don't know if they have micro-breweries everywhere, (bar/restaurant where they brew specialty beer) but are there any in or around Mystic? Are there any attractions or nearby picturesqe towns around Mystic we should not miss?
Please help! We need to get our travel arrangements in order, and if I don't sell him on Mystic, it will be Las Vegas.... again.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Royal Kahana Maui
- 2 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 3 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 4 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 5 Trip Starting from New York
- 6 Mystic CT
- 7 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 8 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 9 Keep checking those car rental rates
- 10 Travel advice for travel from Portland to San Diego
- 11 Jimmy Carter teaches Sunday School in Plains, Georgia
- 12 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 13 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 14 Need Help with Kauai Condo Choices
- 15 September Travel
- 16 Parking in Boston
- 17 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 18 San Francisco to Seattle road trip
- 19 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth
- 20 Road trip out west
- 21 Need Northeast itinerary ASAP
- 22 Lake Chelan
- 23 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 24 1st trip to Colorado
- 25 NJ to Sunset Beach, NC