My husband and I (in our 30's) are looking for somewhere to go over New Years. He wants nearby gambling (he just discovered poker) and I love New England. So, I found the Foxwoods casino for him, and Mystic for me!
However, our concern is that there won't be a thing to do in Mystic in winter. It doesn't have to be a rockin' crazy New Years party, but something like fireworks or something would be nice. We visited Bar Harbor, ME one year in late November, and the whole island basically shuts down after the peak fall season. We couldn't even find a place open for dinner! Is this an issue in Mystic?
Where should we stay? Something clean and charming around $150/night. It doesn't have to be a B&B, just somewhere nice. We love beautiful scenery and great places to eat with atmosphere and fun. We are from Milwaukee, and I don't know if they have micro-breweries everywhere, (bar/restaurant where they brew specialty beer) but are there any in or around Mystic? Are there any attractions or nearby picturesqe towns around Mystic we should not miss?
Please help! We need to get our travel arrangements in order, and if I don't sell him on Mystic, it will be Las Vegas.... again.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Are you looking flowers for all occasion?
- 2 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 3 Do you want Australian Visa?
- 4 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 5 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 6 Do you want Repair your Computer?
- 7 Arizona in winter
- 8 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 9 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 10 Currency and hotels
- 11 Vegas with toddler twins
- 12 Las Vegas Vacation
- 13 OHare car service north suburbs
- 14 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 15 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 16 disneyland
- 17 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 18 Paris-Room Selection Advice Needed ASAP for last minute trip. TIA.
- 19 Key West
- 20 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 21 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 22 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 23 moving to Florida
- 24 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 25 DC restaurant report