My husband and I (in our 30's) are looking for somewhere to go over New Years. He wants nearby gambling (he just discovered poker) and I love New England. So, I found the Foxwoods casino for him, and Mystic for me!
However, our concern is that there won't be a thing to do in Mystic in winter. It doesn't have to be a rockin' crazy New Years party, but something like fireworks or something would be nice. We visited Bar Harbor, ME one year in late November, and the whole island basically shuts down after the peak fall season. We couldn't even find a place open for dinner! Is this an issue in Mystic?
Where should we stay? Something clean and charming around $150/night. It doesn't have to be a B&B, just somewhere nice. We love beautiful scenery and great places to eat with atmosphere and fun. We are from Milwaukee, and I don't know if they have micro-breweries everywhere, (bar/restaurant where they brew specialty beer) but are there any in or around Mystic? Are there any attractions or nearby picturesqe towns around Mystic we should not miss?
Please help! We need to get our travel arrangements in order, and if I don't sell him on Mystic, it will be Las Vegas.... again.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 2 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 3 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 4 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 5 Help me with this
- 6 New Orleans
- 7 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 8 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 9 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 10 Oregon road trip
- 11 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 12 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 13 Weather in Chicago
- 14 Long-Term Parking Options Philly Airport
- 15 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 16 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 17 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 18 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 19 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 20 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 21 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 22 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 23 Dining in St. Louis
- 24 AR State Parks
- 25 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska