My husband and I (in our 30's) are looking for somewhere to go over New Years. He wants nearby gambling (he just discovered poker) and I love New England. So, I found the Foxwoods casino for him, and Mystic for me!
However, our concern is that there won't be a thing to do in Mystic in winter. It doesn't have to be a rockin' crazy New Years party, but something like fireworks or something would be nice. We visited Bar Harbor, ME one year in late November, and the whole island basically shuts down after the peak fall season. We couldn't even find a place open for dinner! Is this an issue in Mystic?
Where should we stay? Something clean and charming around $150/night. It doesn't have to be a B&B, just somewhere nice. We love beautiful scenery and great places to eat with atmosphere and fun. We are from Milwaukee, and I don't know if they have micro-breweries everywhere, (bar/restaurant where they brew specialty beer) but are there any in or around Mystic? Are there any attractions or nearby picturesqe towns around Mystic we should not miss?
Please help! We need to get our travel arrangements in order, and if I don't sell him on Mystic, it will be Las Vegas.... again.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 waiting line queue management system
- 2 About In-road Tours and Travels
- 3 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 4 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 5 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 6 help from a true New Yorker.
- 7 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 8 Safety Concerns
- 9 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 10 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 11 Alaska independent tour for group
- 12 Washington DC with kids
- 13 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 14 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 15 5 days in Colorado
- 16 Trip to northern California
- 17 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 18 40th in Key West
- 19 Downtown Chicago
- 20 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 21 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 22 Alaska -public transport
- 23 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 24 Hamilton Broadway
- 25 Nashville and Gatlinburg