My husband and I are looking to spend a day in NYC then rent a car and travel to a quaint, coastal town to stay for a couple of days that does not require a lot of driving. Any suggestions? We will be flying in from STL, MO and love to stay on the ocean or harbor. Since we only have about three days we wanted to keep the commute from NYC as short as possible. I know it's last minute, but we are looking at the end of July or early August. Any suggestions? Wondering if it's even possible to not have to rent a car but take a train from NYC? Thank you.
Easy commute to coastal town from NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 2 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 3 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 4 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 5 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 6 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 7 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 8 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 9 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 10 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 11 Best places to move to Florida?
- 12 Juneau May 8th
- 13 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 16 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 19 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 20 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 21 West Coast Bound End of March
- 22 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 23 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 24 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 25 Salt Lake City, Utah