My husband and I are looking to spend a day in NYC then rent a car and travel to a quaint, coastal town to stay for a couple of days that does not require a lot of driving. Any suggestions? We will be flying in from STL, MO and love to stay on the ocean or harbor. Since we only have about three days we wanted to keep the commute from NYC as short as possible. I know it's last minute, but we are looking at the end of July or early August. Any suggestions? Wondering if it's even possible to not have to rent a car but take a train from NYC? Thank you.
Easy commute to coastal town from NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 2 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 3 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 4 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 5 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 6 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 7 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 8 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 9 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 10 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 11 Tipping advice
- 12 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 13 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 14 charleston during Christmas Week
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 19 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 20 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 21 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 22 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 23 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 24 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 25 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?