My husband and I are looking to spend a day in NYC then rent a car and travel to a quaint, coastal town to stay for a couple of days that does not require a lot of driving. Any suggestions? We will be flying in from STL, MO and love to stay on the ocean or harbor. Since we only have about three days we wanted to keep the commute from NYC as short as possible. I know it's last minute, but we are looking at the end of July or early August. Any suggestions? Wondering if it's even possible to not have to rent a car but take a train from NYC? Thank you.
Easy commute to coastal town from NYC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 4 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 5 Dining in D.C.
- 6 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 7 Jersey City Parking
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Washington DC Metro
- 10 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 11 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 12 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 13 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 14 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 15 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 16 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 17 Alaska cruise and land
- 18 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 19 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 20 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 21 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 22 NYC taxi vs car service
- 23 rain in Kauai
- 24 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 25 Hotel in Santa Barbara