My wife and I are planning a weekend trip to Newport RI over Easter weekend with another couple (and possibly their two teen daughters). We are planning to visit a few of the mansions and enjoy a great seafood dinner or two. I'm curious about likely weather (Easter is late this year - April 23), crowds and lodging. Specifically on lodging, we're leaning more to a chain hotel as our friends would require two queen beds for the four of them. In looking at possibilities, I see several chains nearby (Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard, etc.). But also saw the Newport Beach Hotel & Suites which was only a few dollars more per night, and seemed to have a nice coastal view (including back across to the mansions in Newport). Reader ratings were varied - older reviews were not so great, but more recent reviews were better. It seems a renovation recently took place? Any feedback those in the know might provide on timing, crowds & lodging would be much appreciated.
Easter weekend in Newport
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 2 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 3 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 4 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 5 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 6 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 7 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 8 Tipping advice
- 9 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 10 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 11 charleston during Christmas Week
- 12 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 13 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 14 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 15 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 16 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 17 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 18 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 19 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 20 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 21 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 22 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 23 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 24 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 25 Key West Hotel in January