My wife and I are planning a weekend trip to Newport RI over Easter weekend with another couple (and possibly their two teen daughters). We are planning to visit a few of the mansions and enjoy a great seafood dinner or two. I'm curious about likely weather (Easter is late this year - April 23), crowds and lodging. Specifically on lodging, we're leaning more to a chain hotel as our friends would require two queen beds for the four of them. In looking at possibilities, I see several chains nearby (Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard, etc.). But also saw the Newport Beach Hotel & Suites which was only a few dollars more per night, and seemed to have a nice coastal view (including back across to the mansions in Newport). Reader ratings were varied - older reviews were not so great, but more recent reviews were better. It seems a renovation recently took place? Any feedback those in the know might provide on timing, crowds & lodging would be much appreciated.
Easter weekend in Newport
View all United States activity »
- 1 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 2 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 3 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 4 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 5 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 6 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 7 Grand Canyon in March?
- 8 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 9 California Tour Groups?
- 10 Hotel near Public Theater
- 11 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 12 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 13 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 14 Warm and don't Drive
- 15 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 16 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 17 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 18 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 19 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 20 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 21 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 22 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 23 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 24 Philadelphia or Chicago
- 25 DETROIT'S BEAUTIFUL SIDE