My wife and I are planning a weekend trip to Newport RI over Easter weekend with another couple (and possibly their two teen daughters). We are planning to visit a few of the mansions and enjoy a great seafood dinner or two. I'm curious about likely weather (Easter is late this year - April 23), crowds and lodging. Specifically on lodging, we're leaning more to a chain hotel as our friends would require two queen beds for the four of them. In looking at possibilities, I see several chains nearby (Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard, etc.). But also saw the Newport Beach Hotel & Suites which was only a few dollars more per night, and seemed to have a nice coastal view (including back across to the mansions in Newport). Reader ratings were varied - older reviews were not so great, but more recent reviews were better. It seems a renovation recently took place? Any feedback those in the know might provide on timing, crowds & lodging would be much appreciated.
Easter weekend in Newport
- 1 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 2 California, Northern
- 3 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 4 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 5 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 6 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 7 Using public transit in San Diego
- 8 10 day anniversary trip to Oregon Coast
- 9 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 10 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 11 Washington Wineries
- 12 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 13 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 14 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 15 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 16 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 17 Suggestions for NYC trip next week
- 18 Memphis Tours
- 19 Please critique our plan...
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 Gearhart Oregon
- 22 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 23 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 24 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 25 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions