My wife and I are planning a weekend trip to Newport RI over Easter weekend with another couple (and possibly their two teen daughters). We are planning to visit a few of the mansions and enjoy a great seafood dinner or two. I'm curious about likely weather (Easter is late this year - April 23), crowds and lodging. Specifically on lodging, we're leaning more to a chain hotel as our friends would require two queen beds for the four of them. In looking at possibilities, I see several chains nearby (Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard, etc.). But also saw the Newport Beach Hotel & Suites which was only a few dollars more per night, and seemed to have a nice coastal view (including back across to the mansions in Newport). Reader ratings were varied - older reviews were not so great, but more recent reviews were better. It seems a renovation recently took place? Any feedback those in the know might provide on timing, crowds & lodging would be much appreciated.
Easter weekend in Newport
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Self guided White House tour
- 2 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 3 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 4 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 5 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 6 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 7 Moving to CT
- 8 Hotels Philly
- 9 Northwest USA
- 10 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 11 Ackislander
- 12 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 13 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 14 san diego or nearby area
- 15 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 16 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 17 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 18 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 19 LA for a day and a half
- 20 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 21 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 22 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 23 Texas
- 24 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 25 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question