My wife and I are planning a weekend trip to Newport RI over Easter weekend with another couple (and possibly their two teen daughters). We are planning to visit a few of the mansions and enjoy a great seafood dinner or two. I'm curious about likely weather (Easter is late this year - April 23), crowds and lodging. Specifically on lodging, we're leaning more to a chain hotel as our friends would require two queen beds for the four of them. In looking at possibilities, I see several chains nearby (Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard, etc.). But also saw the Newport Beach Hotel & Suites which was only a few dollars more per night, and seemed to have a nice coastal view (including back across to the mansions in Newport). Reader ratings were varied - older reviews were not so great, but more recent reviews were better. It seems a renovation recently took place? Any feedback those in the know might provide on timing, crowds & lodging would be much appreciated.
Easter weekend in Newport
- 1 Driving from Greensboro, NC, to Tampa
- 2 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 3 Baseball Road Trip
- 4 I HATE COLD SORES!!
- 5 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 6 D.C. in a day
- 7 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 8 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 9 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 10 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 11 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby
- 12 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 13 Using public transit in San Diego
- 14 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 15 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 16 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 17 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 18 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 19 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 20 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 21 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 22 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 23 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 24 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 25 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California