My wife and I are planning a weekend trip to Newport RI over Easter weekend with another couple (and possibly their two teen daughters). We are planning to visit a few of the mansions and enjoy a great seafood dinner or two. I'm curious about likely weather (Easter is late this year - April 23), crowds and lodging. Specifically on lodging, we're leaning more to a chain hotel as our friends would require two queen beds for the four of them. In looking at possibilities, I see several chains nearby (Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard, etc.). But also saw the Newport Beach Hotel & Suites which was only a few dollars more per night, and seemed to have a nice coastal view (including back across to the mansions in Newport). Reader ratings were varied - older reviews were not so great, but more recent reviews were better. It seems a renovation recently took place? Any feedback those in the know might provide on timing, crowds & lodging would be much appreciated.
Easter weekend in Newport
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 2 need cheap motel, kahului, one night, car rental
- 3 Help w Utah National Parks Visit-Itinerary check
- 4 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 5 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 6 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 7 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 8 3 nights in Nashville
- 9 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 10 NYC theatre broadway
- 11 Cape Cod in early April
- 12 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 13 Four days in DC
- 14 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 15 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 16 One Night at Logan Airport
- 17 Circle Oahu / luau
- 18 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 19 Backpacking in April
- 20 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 21 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 22 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 23 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 24 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 25 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii